Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#154090 by josecanyousee Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm
I found this in my inbox today. The use of vacancy, along with the gmail address, made me think this was a scam. I pasted the source code under the message, if that helps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’d like to offer you a job as a FSA position for josecanyousee - 04/03/2013 2:33:55 PM?

Hi josecanyousee,

Our Company specializes in IT, Legal & Accounting, we are pleased to extend the following vacancy.

Job title: Financial Services Officers, department: Payment and Finance division.
Job Description:
- Work schedule: Mon - Fri, from 9 AM - 2 PM.

This offer is contingent upon your passing our mandatory background check, which will be scheduled on date you create a Task Manager account, to determine your ability to perform the essential requirements of the Financial Support Agent position.

The position is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
• Base Salary: Will be paid in monthly installments of $2300, subject to deductions for taxes and withholdings as required by law and the company policies.
• 8 % Commission.
• Benefits:
- Formal training via our personal supervisor training program
- Management growth opportunities
- Health care and retirement plan
- Solid technology support
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick leave

• Non-Compete Agreement: non-compete agreement must be signed prior to start.
• Terminating the employment: employment is at-will basis. Both parties can terminate the relationship with a notice of 2 weeks at any time.

If you are in agreement with the above outline, please let me know. This offer is in effect for five business days.
Contact us at [email protected]. I'm sorry, due to spam problem we have to use a gmail address, company e-mail address will be given to you after reply.

Respectfully,

Hiring Coordinator,
Jennifer Sheffield

x-store-info:fHNTDlzCF8Nxw6HwcfGQy+S7Ax/lqLSmNphQ3OF+T9E=
Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=none (sender IP is 195.78.32.6) [email protected]; dkim=none header.d=gmail.com; x-hmca=none
X-SID-PRA: [email protected]
X-AUTH-Result: NONE
X-SID-Result: NONE
X-Message-Status: n:n
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0wO0Q9MjtHRD0yO1NDTD00
X-Message-Info: 5cuOr7VrmjDnolvGJzLggvBy/RjI4PPendtd5rvjPVmori6kkdGJ7GC0UK6cTl4DDXtViXt1W8YPi7pABGwwJ/NHsbtXzYJIqildUDodkPkphF6K4ARtag+H3bZzD8zccRXIJz6UcTv34OlvsOxUk6MHVH950PQC
Received: from mx.posluh.hr ([195.78.32.6]) by COL0-MC2-F25.Col0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:23:27 -0800
Received: from spica ([195.78.32.16])
by mx.posluh.hr (Sendmail 8.14.1) with SMTP id PUB03226
for < :oops: >; Mon, 04 Mar 2013 18:23:26 +0100
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 18:24:06 +0100
Subject: We’d like to offer you a job as a FSA position for
MIME-Version: 1.0
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 04 Mar 2013 17:23:27.0876 (UTC) FILETIME=[FBFC3C40:01CE18FC]

Jennifer Sheffield
Last edited by josecanyousee on Thu May 16, 2013 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Advertisement

#154126 by Scott Mitchell Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 pm
This is a scam. No legitimate company will contact you through a free email service. The "job" would either be printing fake checks or laundering money ie. "payment processor". Thank you for posting.

update: The same scammer is also using the address [email protected]
Referenced here: http://www.scamdex.com/ScamTipsAnal/mor ... @gmail.com
Last edited by Scott Mitchell on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
#154181 by vonpaso xlura Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 am
"Financial Service Officer" is a common euphemism for a money launderer, and some lines in that email are directly copied from a scam script. Does the scammer have a website? If so, we'd like to kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#154271 by TerranceBoyce Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm
A bank will not open a bank account for a customer they have not met face to face. Doing so contravenes money laundering regulations and a bank, or any other financial organisation, could face prosecution for doing so.

What then are the chances that a financial organisation would employ someone, without ever meeting them face to face, whose job is to pay funds from the UK abroad ? It is only because banks have such strict rules to comply with, that when this fraud is detected, the police will have no trouble finding the 'mule' and make their life a misery. After all, the person e-mailing you could use his own bank account, but he knows what will happen if he does.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#155514 by josecanyousee Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:23 pm
vonpaso xlura wrote:"Financial Service Officer" is a common euphemism for a money launderer, and some lines in that email are directly copied from a scam script. Does the scammer have a website? If so, we'd like to kill it.

Hi vonpaso,

I did a Google search on the jmb group portion of the e-mail address. The only sites I could find were for a property management firm in California and an Indian chain of car dealerships.

josecanyousee
#155522 by vonpaso xlura Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:21 am
Could be the Bimbom-Bump gang - they use a robots.txt file to keep search engines from indexing them. I grepped my reports for a suspicious phrase in the email; the three reports that contain it are of Bimbom-Bump sites. About 80 Bimbom-Bump sites just went down at once, but I'll have one of my baiting characters try to elicit a website.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#164145 by TerranceBoyce Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 am
Of course the explanation that their bizarre need to have your bank account details is anything to do with outsourcing is immediately dispelled when you note that it is a US/UK/Western European company outsourcing to the US/UK/Western Europe :=)

They should try China or perhaps India but I doubt they can do much with bank account details from those countries.

The only thing they're interested in is your bank account details and they even go as far as to ask for your password. Even without the password they can bring you never-ending misery and problems.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#164178 by Mumbles Wed May 01, 2013 4:22 pm
This scam is very simple to explain.

Anybody can buy blank checks and print anything they like on them.

The only person responsible for items you deposit in your account is YOU.

You will be told to keep 8% and send the rest on to somebody by Western Union. (or Moneygram)

Your bank will let you have the cash because they do not want to be accused of unnecessarily holding your money.

Nobody is going to Nigeria to try to get your money back or prosecute the scammer.

There has never been a real company that had company money sent to somebody's house to be "processed".

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#164720 by MRS_JACOBS Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 pm
I received an email from this company today and when I ask for more information this is what they sent me. Btw, I had to ask for the name of the company and website. :?

Hello,

Here is additional information for the position with World Wide Freelance.

Our company's direction is matching our USA client needs by supplying most qualified freelancers from across the world.

Job title is Financial Support Agent. This position is based on working from home, 2-3 hours per day. Both fixed salary and commission are provided.

The position is based on working from home. The application process is distant yet vary rigorous. We screen all possible applicants to ensure that long term employment is possible. The essence of the job is to help our clients complete immediate payments to freelancers, in order to receive their completed project on time.

The main job responsibility is to be present online for about 2 hours per day, Monday - Friday, 9 am - 11 am. Your main role involves processing immediate payments between our established clients in USA and freelancers that are hired by the clients through our company. You will be assigned a supervisor that will assist you with your training and provide ongoing support during the probationary period, which is also paid. The position deals directly with processing funds from our clients. For security reasons a personal bank account is required during the trial period of 30 days. Once your trial is completed, we will assign you a business account through one of our branches in your area.

Job requirements: * minimum age requirement: 18 y.o. * basic Internet; * contact number; * Checking or Savings account. PayPal or new bank accounts are also welcomed.

For additional information visit: http://www.worldwidefreelance.net/job/finance2?lang=us

Commonly asked questions: http://www.worldwidefreelance.net/job/finance/faq

Key Points: * No financial investment form you; * Part time or full time positions are available; * Guaranteed basic pay plus commission as bonus; * Training is provided. * Not a Sales position;

Our goal is to hire individuals for long term employment, however short term candidates are also welcome. Remember that upon successful completion of paid probationary period, you will have the option of maintaining your part-time schedule or move up to full-time employment.

If you have any questions or would like to request additional information or application, please reply!

Sincerely,

Lori Bayer Phone: 1-716-220-8536 Fax: 1-585-410-6004
#164728 by Mike Wilson Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
Hello MRS_JACOBS and welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for posting the email from this fake company.

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#164729 by TerranceBoyce Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm
Registration step 3

http://www.worldwidefreelance.net/registration/3

DUTIES:
The Contractor undertakes the responsibility to receive payments from the Clients of the Company to his personal bank account, withdraw cash and to process payments to the Company's partners by Western Union or MoneyGram money transfer system within one (1) day.

Money laundering - QED.

Step 5

http://www.worldwidefreelance.net/registration/5

is where they ask for login and password access to your online bank account. Once you divulge that you'll be locked out of your own account and that's the last they'll need of you.

Note they're asking you to divulge your bank details and password over an insecure connection. :=)

In any event the money you send will just be creating an overdraft you'll have to repay and you're sending it to the scammer as a gift.

Interestingly the target demographic is probably not going to have the surplus funds to make this scam worthwhile considering the amount of work and effort involved setting it up. Undoubtedly the damage done to any victims will be severe but the only person likely to be profiting from this set up is the person who is franchising out all the websites being set up. The scam itself is a dud, more especially because no one has ever reported a victim ever managing to send more than one payment before bank security and the police intervene.

#164742 by Mumbles Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 am
Yes, in this case, there are no checks. Victim One thinks he is buying something, perhaps a tractor, and will transfer money directly into an account. Victim Two thinks it is his job to take cash out, run to Western Union and send it to somebody. The crook has money in a few minutes and victims don't know the name or address of the crook.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.