Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#15387 by Chris Fuller Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:44 pm
A rather complicated story, and a link to a news item that does not inspire confidence, but this scammer ends the email with the reassurance that his proposal is genuine and, more importantly, legal.

However, the legality of it is immaterial, because the proposal is not genuine, and the millions of dollars are not available. The scammer is not called Matvei Miroslav, and the scammer was never PA to Mikhail Khodorkovsky. It is all a fake: an invention aimed at taking money from you for various 'fees' for the transaction. Any documents that he has are also fake.

Subject: My Regards !

Dear Friend,

I know this is an unconventional way of introducing a big and profitable
business deal, but I however want you to take your time to read my letter
carefully, you will understand the necessity for my action. I got your email
address from the Ministry of Commerce Directory. I have a profiling sum in
an excess of $25M (Twenty Five Million United States Dollars) which I seek
your partnership in accommodating for me.

INTRODUCTION OF MY SELF:
I am Matvei Miroslav, a Personal Assistant to Mikhail Khodorkovsky the
richest man in Russia and owner of the following companies: Chairman CEO:
YUKOS OIL (Russian Most Largest Oil Company) Chairman CEO: Menatep SBP Bank
(A reputable financial institution with its branches all over the world).

SOURCE OF FUNDS:
The documents of the above funds in question were handed over to me by my
boss Mr. Mikhail Khodorkovsky for safe keeping. The said funds has been in
fixed deposit for five years in a Bank in the United Kingdom (name of the
Bank undisclosed for now), before the fund was deposited, my boss has long
given me Power of Attorney to carry out financial dealings on his behalf and
that of the company before he was arrested for his involvement in politics
especially financing the leading and opposing political parties. You can
catch more of the story on this in the below link;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3213505.stm

YOUR ROLE:
I have been contacted by the Bank as the P.A. to Mr. Mikhail Khodorkovsky
that the fund has matured hence ready for profiling. All I need from you is
to stand as the beneficiary of the above quoted sum. With the Power of
Attorney, I will arrange for the documentation at my expense which will
enable transfer of the sum to you. You will be rewarded with 30% for your
partnership, 5% has been mapped out for any expenses that might be incurred
during the transaction while 15% will be spent on taxes in your country. I
have decided to use my share of this transaction to relocate and invest on
the Real Estate Venture. The transaction has to be concluded within a week.
As soon as I get your willingness to comply through my most private email
address: [email protected], I will give you more details, sites
for verification, your role, how legal and genuine this transaction is and
as we progress you shall see all the legal documents.

Thank you so much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soonest.

Yours truly,
Mr. Matvei Miroslav.
Advertisement

#15598 by Chris Fuller Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:16 am
Albert Derek Dmitri also claims to be a PA to Mikhail Khodorkovsky.

IP Address: 196.1.177.137 - Nigeria

from albert: [email protected]
date Mon, Oct 26, 2009
subject FOR YOUR URGENT ATTENTION

?????????
[email protected]

- Dear Friend, I have a profiling amount in an excess of US$18.2M, which I seek your cooperation and possibly partnership in accommodating and investing for me. You will be rewarded with 20% of the total sum as your fee for your role in the successful conclusion of the transaction. INTRODUCTION: My Name is Albert Derek Dmitri a personal Assistant to Mr. Mikhail Khodorkovsky (Chairman of YUKOS OIL) who is detained and now been tried in Russia for financing political parties and Tax evation (Which is not true). The Parties(the Union of Right Forces,led by Boris Nemtsov, and Yabloko, a liberal/social democratic party led by Gregor Yavlinsky) are opposed to the Government of President Vladmir Putin, thereby leading to the freezing of his known Finances and Assets in Russia and some other countries. There has been a bulk freezing of Russian Bank Accounts linked to the Yukos Company that is why foreign aid is required. Presently, the Russian court has frozen the assets of Yukos due to an unpaid tax claim during 2000 and the company may be forced into bankruptcy. This is all an attempt by the Russian government to bring about the total destruction of Yukos and erode the personal wealth of Mr.Khodorkovsky. Fear of arrest has forced all the firm's top executives to remain outside Russia. My boss has therefore instructed me in confidence to look for a reputable and capable individual who can assist us receive the US$18.2M,for safekeeping and subsequent investment. All matters will be handled discreetly for safety of the funds. Therefore,I would like to ask for your assistance and partnership in re-profiling the funds considered to be large. This is a desperate move to salvage his efforts and save his funds from the hands and prying eyes of my present Government and its sole call operatives. YOUR ROLE: All I need from you is your honesty,co-operation and Keep this in a total confidential nature. I will bring you into the full details when I get your response which I consider positive. But in summary the funds are legitimate and clear from any known Russia intelligence. This is a legitimate transaction and You will be rewarded with 20% of the total sum for your partnership. This move is a desperate attempt to save the efforts of his hard work. URGENCY: Please note that this must be concluded within a short time so please Get back to me for further information . Regards
#17097 by Chris Fuller Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Another fake Personal Assistant to Mr Khodorkovsky. The sender of this email is not his Personal Assistant, does not have any connection to him, and does not have any access to his money.

IP Address: 213.255.218.244 - Proxy server, Nigeria

from Mrs. Irina Seryabkina <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Sat, Nov 21, 2009
subject Business Proposal From Russia

Dear Friend,

My name is Mrs. Irina Seryabkina, Personal Assistant to Mr. Boris Mikhail Khodorkovsky,
the arrested Chairman / CEO of Yukos Oil and Bank Menatep SPB in Russia who is
presently in jail.

I have the documents of a large amount of funds which he handed over to me before he
was detained and tried in Russia for financing political parties (the Union of Right
Forces, led by Boris Nemtsov and Yabloko, a Liberal / Social Democratic Party led by
Gregor Yavlinsky) opposed to the Government of Mr. Vladmir Putin, the former President
of Russia, thereby leading to the freezing of his finances and assets.

You can read more about his ordeal from the following sites:
Http://www.supportmbk.com
Http://newsfromrussia.com/main/2005/03/29/58914.html
Http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3213505.stm
Http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3042850.stm

After searching through the books of your Country's Chamber of Commerce and Industries
here in Russia where I found your contact details, I am contacting you to assist me to
re-profile the funds and equally invest same on his behalf. The total amount of funds
to be re-profiled is FORTY SIX MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS (USD$46,000,000.00) and you
will be paid 20% for your management services.

As soon as I receive your acceptance through my personal Email address:
[email protected]

I will send you the necessary details and my personal identification, documents and
please if you are not interested please do not reply back.

This transaction will demand absolute secrecy from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Mrs. Irina Seryabkina