Information on romance scams and scammers.
#15711 by Bluejewel Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:31 pm
I met this man on Internet. He said his name was Nene Ocansey and his full name Nene Ahuma Tamakloe Ocansey [email protected]. He told me that he is a member of a royal Ghanian family, the head of the clan and the nephew of Princess Naa Asie Ocansey (a real person – I checked this on Internet). He claimed to be a rich businessman from Accra, a football scout for Ghana Football Association and the owner of gold and salt mines in Ada. After some messages and calls, he wanted me to donate to his and his sisters’s NGO Evada Trust Foundation http://evadatrustfoundation.org/. His sister, a UK citizen by the name of Eve Finn (La Diva Collection Ltd.), also called me several times and sent me pictures. After some time of regular contact, Nene Ocansey called me one day from Amsterdam, saying he was on a business trip and didn’t have enough money to send goods to Ghana. He asked me to send him 1000 euros by Western Union to pay for the last of four containers. Though I was suspicious, I did what he asked. He promised to send the money to my bank account as soon as he would be back in Ghana. After he got the money, he stopped communication with me. After some weeks, he called again, telling me he was waiting to get a visa to come to my country but, of course, he never came. He called me again and again, telling me stories, changed his phone number at least five times, but when I finally told him I will go to police, I never heard from him again.
Here are some of Nene Ocansey’s phone numbers and some of his e-mails to me:
00233243783131,00233541382038, 00233209001945, 00233249995103, 00233244975051, 0031659019831

Von: Nene Ocansey [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. September 2008 23:29
Betreff: Hello,thanks for the reply.

Thanks for your reply and i'm happy you like my pics and like me as well.Hope you are fine by the grace of God.Onece agian thanks for the phone number you gave me.I will be calling you more to talk to you.Hope that is better for you and we would know each other through the phone calls than the mail.I am happy you like me and i like you too.

I know i'm handsome but i dont want to marry Africa woman,cos they are difficult.
I hope u you are my dream wife and hope u would be my wife.Smile.
Any way i love your voice,its sweet voice.

Good nite,take care and God bless you. I would talk to u tomorrow.

Blessing.
Love uuuu and hope you'll love me too.Trust me.

Nene

--- On Wed, 9/24/08, Nene Ocansey <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: Missing Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2008, 10:33 PM
Hi Love,
How are you today?Hope u are fine by his grace.
My day today was'nt bad and i give thanks to God. My love,i love you so much and dont know what to do.I am even suprise b'cos i we've not meet befor and we only talk on phone and i have developed a big time love for you.Any way i thank God for that and hope you will also love me as i do and get marry to me.
The i will marry you would be my happies day and i would never for get that day in my life.Good nite and sweet dreams.I love you and will always love you.Trust me.
About our NGO,please you can check our web site on http://www.evadatrustfoundation.org and reply soonest.Hope you will like to work with us to take care of the street children and the poor in Ghana and Africa as well.
Onece agian i love you,miss you and miss your sweet voice.
With all my love.
God richly bless you and long life to you.
Nene.

Von: Nene Ocansey [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Montag, 10. März 2009 06:48
Betreff: I need your help

Good morning my love. Hope you are fine by his grace. May the Lord bless u and give u long life for what you are doing for people. Once again may God bless u. My full name is Nene Ahuma Tamakloe Ocansey. Call me as soon as u send the money. Please text the information to me and call me as well. Miss you, kiss kiss.
God bless you.
Nene
Advertisement

#15714 by Ralph Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:17 pm
Hi Blue jewel

I presume you now know that this is a scammer at work, a male from Africa who makes his living by lieing to people in order to get them to send him money.

If you have any specific questions please ask, meanwhile I will take a closer look through what you have posted and provide more information on this.

Now that I have had more time to look at this and do some more searches I have a little more to add.

Search on his email address [email protected] shows clearly that this is a scam Click Here

The website they suggest you would be donating to appears that it may actually be a real charity but either way, these people who have contacted you are not part of any charity, their only plan is to steal money for themselves.

I am sorry that you have sent money, unfortunately you will not get this money back, please be mindful of anybody who suggests they can, these will be scammers, maybe the same scammers, maybe news ones, a recovery scam is a scam designed to steal more money from those who have already sent money to scammers.

It usually involves the scammer pretending to be from an official government body and telling you that you will be compensated or have your money returned, before returning you money you will need to pay fees, in fact the fees will not stop coming and your refund will never arrive.

Please feel fre to share anything you have on this either by posting, PM or by emailing to my email address listed below and if you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask