Information on romance scams and scammers.
#15742 by EyesWideOpen Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:38 am
I'm currently on Match.com and saw a man who I thought was attractive, it's not the same photo that's already posted here. His screen name is williamsneedsluv, he claims he's 50 years , a widow, with one daughter and is looking to meet women who are 40 to 58.
Here is his "About Me" section of the profile I copied from Match, you'd think someone claiming to have a graduate degree would have more competent writing skills which is why I became suspicious and googled the last portion of it and ended up on this site. I sent him an email and enlightened him that he wasn't quite as clever as he thought. I would post the photo he used but am not sure of the legality of posting it however I do have it saved so even if he hides or deletes the profile I can pass it along. I will contact Match.com and let them deal with him. :=)

I'm Williams , I have one Daughter, I'm 50yrs Old and, I am an honest, kind, compassionate, positive person and I’m searching for my life long partner to share a Great Life of Love with; romance, long slow kisses, feeling very special, intimacy, pleasurable communication, dancing, meeting of the minds, opening a door for you, flowers, traveling and other exciting interests and adventures, A GREAT LIFE of LOVE! I am one who strongly believes in respect and that without respect, you can’t experience true love and generate a healthy relationship. I believe in a smaller "wow" when it is first a friendship and then a larger "Wow" later as it evolves into a Beautiful Loving committed relationship. Some people search their entire lives to find that special person ...that special person to love, to have incredible friendship with, to connect as one.. I am romantic and can be very spontaneous. I enjoy making people feel welcome and special. I enjoy entertaining especially parties
around my pool. I go all out for holidays (I usually blow a fuse during Christmas). I grew up with many traditions, and have carried those over into my life with my daughter. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, haunted house included. I tend to go a little overboard...hey, life is too short. I am definitely one of those people who take time to smell the roses, appreciate the stars, sunrises and sunsets. I have to be honest.. I do not like snakes and bugs, so the camper, I'm not. Give me a hotel room at the beach with plenty of suntan time, and I'm happy. I will go fishing with you if you want, but sorry, I don't do worms. I just joined a gym, and I've been doing pretty well with going 1-2 times per week well i will say Life without passion is life not worth living! I once heard in a movie that Love is “friends on fire!” what an incredible concept. I believe it’s not just what you are like on the outside, but more about what you are like on the inside. I’m seeking LOVE (no game playing please) with someone who appreciates. I am passionate about all aspects of my life, my lovely daughter, my career, and myhealth. I believe through this epistle you will understand me. I want to take her as a flower in my hand with which I'm charged with for responsibility to look .I love nature, and water and feel an especial kinship to just being near water and having water right near my home. I feel the peace of the world in the breeze cross the water, the lapping of the waves on the shore, the unassuming nature of water and nature. I am one with nature, and could
spend hours just sitting by the beach, river, lake, ocean and stitch, read, listen to music and feel at the end of a day that I've had an incredible day. Like camping, fishing, golf, watching movies, not much into sports but also do the side thing.. and not judge, or assume or tell u what to do. Hopefully i find my Godsent on here. shall i go on?My perfect match must be able to make me laugh, be intelligent and be my rock. But they must also need me to be their rock too. I'm a great listener, always have been. I have a lot of patience, and I've often been the peace keeper like making people laugh and I love a cute sense of humor in a woman. I also love a "gentlewoman." Respect is important. A relationship is a two way street; when one is down, the other helps bring you up. I want to share life's joys and sorrows with that special person. Right now, I'm interested in starting out friends and seeing if there's any chemistry for a possible long term relationship am very affectionate and need that back in return. distance never separates two hearts that really care, for memories span the miles and in seconds we are there, If distance were measured in terms of the heart we'd never be more than a minute apart, so what matter most in a relationship is commitment, honest and trust ..distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be, distance

Thread title changed - Ralph
Advertisement

#15743 by Ralph Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 am
Hi Eyeswideopen

Welcome to Scamwarners.

I have moved your post to its own thread as it is a different scammer, it just makes it easier for us to add information and makes it less confusing for our visitors.

Contacting Match will have little effect on the scammer, he will simply use one of his other ready made dating profiles to scam people.

In some ways it is better to leave their profiles in tact, at least we can point people to them to prove the scam.

Do you happen to have an email address, dating profile link or any other details for him to help us to investigate and to help other victims find him.

I am glad you spotted him as a scammer,

Please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions

Just adding a search link showing another profile he uses Click Here

I will see what else I can dig up

The profiles I have found are older profiles and no longer available, interetsing that in those profiles he claims

Deep Horny for Him, Last Visit: Today. 29 year old Man Looking for Men
#15744 by EyesWideOpen Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:04 am
Hi and thank you for the welcome. Here is the link to his profile and thank you for moving it so the name will be exposed.

Here is the link to his profile...http://www.match.com/profile/showprofil ... filtered=0

Again thank you, I can't wait to tell some of my single friends who are on dating sites about this one. I'm sure I have a lot of reading to do here.
#15745 by Ralph Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:07 am
Thanks for the profile link, I will take another look there.

Telling your friends is a great way of spreading the word and is the best way of preventing people from falling for these scams.

If you are going to be reading up, here is a great place to start viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607
#15747 by EyesWideOpen Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:21 am
Thank you again, I'm in South Carolina and it's late here so I'll have to begin reading some time tomorrow. Keep up the great work, if I hadn't found this site I may have fallen prey to this man.
#15748 by Arnold Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:47 am
I'm Williams

That's a good indication of a scam. West African scammers often confuse Anglo Saxon given names and surnames. Brown William is a known example.

#15749 by The Enchantress Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:49 am
Welcome to Scamwarners EyesWide. Thank you for posting this information on this scammer.

It will alert and save others from being scammed. Well Done :=)

Any questions or concerns - please post - a support team member will be glad to help you.

Note this search result of phrase from scammers mail click here

See also here (though as Ralph has noted - scammers use many fake names/locations/details)

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3185

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#15753 by Ralph Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:50 am
In order to see the profile you need to be a Match member :wink:

So, I am now a match member 8)

The profile says

williamsneedsluv
i am searching for my true heart can she be here?
Active within 3 days

50-year-old man
Warrendale, Pennsylvania, United States
seeking women 40-58
within 50 miles of Warrendale, Pennsylvania, United States
Relationships: Widow / Widower
Have kids: Yes, and they live at home (1)
Want kids: Someday
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Body type: Athletic and toned
Height: 6'0" (183cms)
Religion: Christian / Catholic
Smoke: No Way
Drink: Social Drinker

I'm Williams , I have one Daughter, I'm 50yrs Old and, I am an honest, kind, compassionate, positive person and I’m searching for my life long partner to share a Great Life of Love with; romance, long slow kisses, feeling very special, intimacy, pleasurable communication, dancing, meeting of the minds, opening a door for you, flowers, traveling and other exciting interests and adventures, A GREAT LIFE of LOVE! I am one who strongly believes in respect and that without respect, you can’t experience true love and generate a healthy relationship. I believe in a smaller "wow" when it is first a friendship and then a larger "Wow" later as it evolves into a Beautiful Loving committed relationship. Some people search their entire lives to find that special person ...that special person to love, to have incredible friendship with, to connect as one.. I am romantic and can be very spontaneous. I enjoy making people feel welcome and special. I enjoy entertaining especially parties
around my pool. I go all out for holidays (I usually blow a fuse during Christmas). I grew up with many traditions, and have carried those over into my life with my daughter. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, haunted house included. I tend to go a little overboard...hey, life is too short. I am definitely one of those people who take time to smell the roses, appreciate the stars, sunrises and sunsets. I have to be honest.. I do not like snakes and bugs, so the camper, I'm not. Give me a hotel room at the beach with plenty of suntan time, and I'm happy. I will go fishing with you if you want, but sorry, I don't do worms. I just joined a gym, and I've been doing pretty well with going 1-2 times per week well i will say Life without passion is life not worth living! I once heard in a movie that Love is “friends on fire!” what an incredible concept. I believe it’s not just what you are like on the outside, but more about what you are like on the inside. I’m seeking LOVE (no game playing please) with someone who appreciates. I am passionate about all aspects of my life, my lovely daughter, my career, and myhealth. I believe through this epistle you will understand me. I want to take her as a flower in my hand with which I'm charged with for responsibility to look .I love nature, and water and feel an especial kinship to just being near water and having water right near my home. I feel the peace of the world in the breeze cross the water, the lapping of the waves on the shore, the unassuming nature of water and nature. I am one with nature, and could
spend hours just sitting by the beach, river, lake, ocean and stitch, read, listen to music and feel at the end of a day that I've had an incredible day. Like camping, fishing, golf, watching movies, not much into sports but also do the side thing.. and not judge, or assume or tell u what to do. Hopefully i find my Godsent on here. shall i go on?My perfect match must be able to make me laugh, be intelligent and be my rock. But they must also need me to be their rock too. I'm a great listener, always have been. I have a lot of patience, and I've often been the peace keeper like making people laugh and I love a cute sense of humor in a woman. I also love a "gentlewoman." Respect is important. A relationship is a two way street; when one is down, the other helps bring you up. I want to share life's joys and sorrows with that special person. Right now, I'm interested in starting out friends and seeing if there's any chemistry for a possible long term relationship am very affectionate and need that back in return. distance never separates two hearts that really care, for memories span the miles and in seconds we are there, If distance were measured in terms of the heart we'd never be more than a minute apart, so what matter most in a relationship is commitment, honest and trust ..distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be, distance

About him
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Sports and exercise: Basketball
Dancing
Golf
Racquet sports
Soccer
Swimming

Exercise habits: Exercise 1-2 times per week
Interests: Book club/Discussion
Camping
Coffee and conversation
Cooking
Dining out
Exploring new areas
Gardening/Landscaping
Music and concerts
Shopping/Antiques
Travel/Sightseeing

Education: Graduate degree
Income: $150,001+
Languages: English
Italian

Politics: Middle of the Road
Sign: Libra
Pets I have: Dogs

Pets I like: Birds
Cats
Fish
Horses

About His Date
Hair: No Answer
Eyes: No Answer
Height: 3'0" (91cms) to 8'0" (244cms)
Body type: No Answer
Languages: English

Ethnicity: No Answer
Faith: No Answer
Education: No Answer
Job: No Answer
Income: No Answer
Smoke: No Answer
Drink: No Answer
Relationships: No Answer
Have kids: No Answer
Want kids: No Answer

i love all water sports. Enjoy cooking, dining out, movies, travel, golf, dancing i love Chinese, sea foods and love red, pink....well l love to be with someone special to me just alone with her..

favorite hot spots:
I would like a partner who is Intelligent, self-confident, romantic, affectionate, kind, athletic. A women who loves herself and has the willingness to be open. I want a person to love me for who i am and not what i am.

favorite things:
I love to read books by Lilian Jackson Braun, Catherine Asario, and Isaac Asimov. My favorite color is red and I like pink roses. I like to go shopping online and I love all the CSI shows.

last read:
I read the Houston Chronicle religiously and I am working on a book that my daughter gave me to read about magicians . I also read the Wall Street Journal and Variety. I don't have a lot of time to read, but I try to keep up with the news.
#15766 by EyesWideOpen Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:23 pm
Thank you for the warm welcome The Enchantress, this is such a friendly site and so helpful. :oh-joy: I have two more scammers that I'm going to post here but will do so on separate threads. I told two of my friends about this site tonight, we are delighted to know that there is a place to educate people on these con artists. I've found there is a definite pattern with their profiles thanks to Ralph providing me with the links. I've googled parts of both profiles and it goes to other websites with someone elses photos, part of one is the same one used by WILLIAMSNEEDSLUV.

Ralph, you are correct, Match.com has not done a thing to remove the profile of willaimsneedsluv.

Thanks again for being such a wonderful support team!

Deleted double post - Ralph