Information on romance scams and scammers.
#15768 by EyesWideOpen Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:39 pm
Here is what I believe to be another scammer from Match.com, he took his initial photo down. The bottom line in all caps is repeated in other profiles (word for word) that I've seen in the past day or two on Match.com. My friend wrote to him and did not get a response. It's a dead giveaway when these men are all widowers and the profiles are identical.

live_lovebhappy has no primary photo
live_lovebhappy
More than a handsome face

48-year-old man
Conway, South Carolina, United States
seeking women 35-73
within 100 miles of Conway, South Carolina, United States
Relationships: Widow / Widower
Have kids: No
Want kids: Not sure
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Body type: Athletic and toned
Height: 6'2" (188cms)
Religion: Christian / Catholic
Smoke: No Way
Drink: Social Drinker
In my own wordsfor fun:
I have many different interests including sports, movies and activities. I am very comfortable at home or a night on the town int the city. I enjoy to read books on Motivation

my job:
Presently I am self employed I worked i an engineer of international repute. I deal basically with Building of bridges and Refinery

my religion:
An Altar boy from birth

favorite hot spots:
Basically am a Lacto Ovo Vegetarian . A favorite vacation spot for me are the beaches of Florida . And I am always open to new destinations

favorite things:
I enjoy playing sports while I graduated from Essex University with a Degree in Human physiology and health Mountain biking Watching TV Swimming Automobiles and driving Attending different sport venues

last read:
A work manual, what can I say, I just moved here. I think I need to get a life! And i love reading my holy Bible the book of psalm

my pets:
I wonder if we love them why do we kill them and make them suffer
About my life and what I'm looking forHello Seeker of Something Special, how about that, we have something in common already!
Well, it's my first time here so let's see what happens. My friends say I am quite a mix of traits and interests. Understanding, supportive, ambitious, confident, loyal, good listener. Romance and humor await you if we open that door together. I have a great job helping people to help others, love our freedoms/opportunities to shape our destiny and our happiness, If you smile at me, I’ll understand that's something spoken by everyone everywhere in the same language. We can turn those smiles into laughs. I’m a world traveller and continue to travelled extensively in the US and part of the world, both for work and pleasure that are very much the same thing. I lived and worked in Europe for years

I am very affectionate, like holding hands and snuggling. I always kiss my woman when I see her and when leaving. I don't do PDA because I like to show off, I just don't care if I'm in private or in public. I like to sit next to my lady in a restaurant, love booths, except when first getting to know someone, then it's best sitting face to face

About politics, I tend to be conservative regarding finances and business, but am more liberal on social issues. I am fanatical about constitutional rights. Not big on political debating (or really any debating for that matter!)

Finding a wonderful and adventurous woman to join me on this journey is something I
truly desire anyway. looking for someone confident, attractive and sincere with some common interests, not necessarily an exact match. Variety is the spice of life! Looks aren't everything, but chemistry is important to me, it's either there or it isn't.

Lets catch some butterflies together. Up for the challenge? As we get older it just seems that we settle ,,,,( just because ) I do not want to settle anymore. I want someone who understands me and I understand her too. I
need a partner that wants to sit back on the porch and look at the mountains and enjoy all the gifts that are offered to
us, that we take for granted.

contact me if you would like to get to know me

BUT IF YOUR A SCAMMER, CON MAN OR CON ARTIST FROM ANYWHERE OTHER PART OF THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD WE HAPPEN TO SHARE I KNOW YOUR PATTERNS SO DONT BOTHER CONTACTING ME, I WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE IMMIDIATELY!

About me Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Sports and exercise: Aerobics
Auto racing / Motorcross
Baseball
Basketball
Billiards / Pool
Bowling
Cycling
Dancing
Football
Golf
Hockey
In-line skating
Martial arts
Other types of exercise
Racquet sports
Running
Skiing
Soccer
Swimming
VolleyBall
Walking / Hiking
Weights / Machines

Exercise habits: Exercise 1-2 times per week
Interests: Camping
Coffee and conversation
Cooking
Dining out
Fishing/Hunting
Gardening/Landscaping
Hobbies and crafts
Movies/Videos
Museums and art
Music and concerts
Nightclubs/Dancing
Performing arts
Playing cards
Playing sports
Political
Religion/Spiritual
Shopping/Antiques
Travel/Sightseeing
Video games
Volunteering
Watching sports
Wine tasting

Education: Bachelors degree
Income: No Answer
Languages: Dutch
English
French
German
Swedish

Politics: Conservative
Sign: Don't display my sign
Pets I have: No Answer
Pets I like: Cats
Dogs
Horses

About my date Hair: No Answer
Eyes: No Answer
Height: 4'10" (147cms) to 7'9" (236cms)
Body type: A few extra pounds
About average
Big and beautiful
Curvy
Full-figured
Heavyset
Stocky

Languages: No Answer
Ethnicity: No Answer
Faith: No Answer
Education: No Answer
Job: No Answer
Income: No Answer
Smoke: No Answer
Drink: No Answer
Relationships: No Answer
Have kids: No Answer
Want kids: No Answer
Advertisement

#15776 by Ralph Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:37 am
At this stage I can see no proof that this is a scammer.

I agree there are certain aspects that make it look like your right but I would hate to think we have labeled an innocent person as a scammer.

I will take a closer look later and see what I can dig up.

The section in caps may well have been copied from other profiles by a real person so we are going to need more than that.

Could you please provide a link to the profile so we can take a closer look.
#15796 by EyesWideOpen Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:27 am
Hi Ralph! This profile matched another one on Match.com EXACTLY who winked at me, the other profile is now missing. The last portion of the profile was in caps also, that's the other one I was going to post. This guy has now put his photo up. It's not a coincidence that the matching profile had "alter boy from birth" or the About Me section that was obviously, cut, copied and pasted into two profiles. The Illinois profile is now missing. Go figure!

http://www.match.com/profile/ShowProfil ... P=CON&RN=4
#15823 by Ralph Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:33 am
Sorry to sound like I was doubting you but ensuring our information is accurate is something we take very seriously.

I just tried to find some absolute proof and all searches came up with nothing, that said I have seen enough to say there is little chance that this is not a scammer, this bit really is the clincher for me;

48-year-old man The picture looks like he is about that age
Conway, South Carolina, United States
seeking women 35-73 It is very common for this age range to be very broad
within 100 miles of Conway, South Carolina, United States
Relationships: Widow / Widower Most male scammers are
Have kids: No This is a little unusual for the male scammer
Want kids: Not sure Indicisive, he wants to leave it open to appeal to a bigger market
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Body type: Athletic and toned
Height: 6'2" (188cms)
Religion: Christian / Catholic
Smoke: No Way I dont recall a scammer yet that says he smokes
Drink: Social Drinker Social is very common

This in no way constitutes proof, the identical profile you saw would but we dont have a copy of it here.

I have seen enough however to be comfortable in leaving the profile here and hope we can get more credible information before somebody gets scammed