Information on romance scams and scammers.
#15842 by morina Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:14 pm
Hi there...

My friends recently lost USD14k, with this guy. He claimed that he's working in iraq with US red cross for 3 years. Worked as medical doctor. Got USD4milliom given by iraq family after helped the family relocate frm iraq. He said he want to relocate to malaysia and wants to share the fortune with my frens...pity her...

of course he used fake pictures...and i believed he's african/black man...

Robert
http://www.myspace.com/500995500 Send Message
Add to Friends
Add Comment
has joined MySpace!Mood: good
Posted at 3:48 PM Sep 26

view more

View My: PhotosRobert Monsarrat
40 / Male
US

DetailsStatus: Single
Here for: Serious Relationships, Friends
Hometown: ATLANTA GA
Orientation: Straight
Body type: Average
Ethnicity: Native American
Religion: Christian - other
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Children: Proud parent
Education: Grad / professional school

[urlDetailsStatus: Single
Advertisement

#15843 by crazy_horse Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:34 am
Hi morina and welcome here. Sorry to hear that your friends got scammed, unfortunately it happens all too often. If you could direct your friends here, it may be helpful to them. Once a scammer gets money from a victim, they will usually continue trying to get more. Educating oneself is the best prevention. Your friends may be soon be targeted with a money recovery scam (see here: viewforum.php?f=14 ) so the more they know about scams the better off they will be.

Thank you for posting this, it may prevent someone else from being scammed by this particular individual. :)

#15851 by The Enchantress Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:47 am
Welcome to Scamwarners morina.

Thank you for posting this information - it will alert and save others being scammed.

If you have any questions or concerns or further information please post.

A support team member will be glad to help.

This guide here may be useful for your friend to read;

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

Stolen photographs used by this scammer;

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#15884 by morina Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:03 pm
thanks The Enchantress & crazy horse...

of course i will ask my friends to read all this..she is really under stressed and still can't believe this things could happened to her....yesterday, i try to communicate with a woman added as his fren in myspace and thank God because that woman said that he trying to persuade her to pay for his shipment. that woman really thanks us for the information. Regret to say we dun have this kind of site in malaysia...and we dun know how to make it publish to all m'sia woman...fyi, my fren already make a police report but we dun think they will get caught this evil...
this evil still used this profile..i think the police can trace rite where they access their internet rite....but malaysian police is too slow to arrest this evil...they shd act fast to avoid many woman being the victim....now we are trying to contact other woman added as his fren....we think only this we can stop the evil to cheat more woman.....

anyway thanks for all the info here....
#15892 by Ralph Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:46 am
Hi Morina,

I am unsure of where the scammers are operating from but there is a good chance they are operating from Africa where the Malaysian police have no jurisdiction.

I have seen an increasing trend for Asian countries to be targeted by these scams and as you mention there is no Malaysian site like Scamwarners, this makes it even more important that people like yourself tell as many people as you can, men as well as they are being scammed also.

Please dont hesitate to direct people to us and ask any questions you may have
#15899 by morina Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:57 am
thanks ralph..

i'm confident all of them operate in malaysia...even my fren got call frm malaysian ladies...and my fren also got 3 malaysian handphone number...2 claimed as his agent and one his number...i'm very positive they all in malaysia...but i can guarantee malaysian police are so slow to get this evil...i dun know how to end this but the only thing now, i just try to communicate with all woman added as his fren and try to advice and attached this link so that they can pass around to their fren...i feel this is my responsiblity to avoid more women being the victim...i do hope malaysia do have this kind of forum so that all women will be aware with this kind of scam...thanks to all of you....
#15900 by Ralph Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:14 am
I am happy to hear you are directing your friends to us, well done.

It is possible in most cases to tell where an email came from, I am reluctant to post it here because I do not like educating the scammers who sometimes visit but I can give you instructions to find out where they are.

I might take a little while to put something together but I can send you something by PM shortly
#15901 by Arnold Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:16 am
If your friend is still not convinced it's a scam, the photos were taken in the UK, even though he claims to be from the USA. And from the car's registration number, probably in 1999. They look to me like someone posing by his new car, not a 10 year old one.

#15907 by morina Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:52 am
thanks arnold...

now i wonder who is actually in the photos.... :mrgreen:
#15912 by Ralph Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 am
If you email the photos to me (email address down below, dont forget to close the gaps) we may even be able to find out that as well, the one thing I can tell you already is that it will not be the person writing to you
#15976 by Arnold Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:29 am
The car was originally bought in Salford, Manchester. The scammer will have found tthe pictures online somewhere, and stolen them.

#16000 by morina Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:37 pm
thanks arnold,

i wish we could tell the person that their photos has been used to scam woman out there....
#16009 by Arnold Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:08 am
I don't think I'd want to know if mine were being misused, as there would be nothing I could do about it.
Not that mine are online anywhere.

#16048 by Ralph Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:51 am
Here are some documents used by this scammer

Click for standard size

This word format document was attached;

Note, the copy sent included multi colours and fake logos

FTKL CUSTOMS COMPLEX 22 JALAN SS 6/3 KELANA JAYA 47300 PETALING JAYA

October Removed
To: Robert Monsarrat

Dear Sir,78844777

LETTER OF GUARANTEE ON YOUR CONSIGNMENT

We refer to the contract that your consignment will be released to you upon payment of 1% as tax of the total amount contained in your shippment, If for any reason your consignment was not delivered to you after payment then you have legal right to enforce this GUARANTEE AGREEMENT.

We confirm that this Guarantee has been properly authorized by all internal rules and procedures and laws binding on us and is issued for our benefit and does not conflict with any agreement, rule or law to which we are subject.

Yours Faithfully

Royal Malaysian Customs
Internal Tax Division

Azizah Siti Ibrahim