Learn about us and introduce yourself
#160650 by jmontoya Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 pm
just happened to me today, I have a vehicle for sale on craigslist.
and some *#@!$%# tried to scam me.
here are the e-mails.

Louis ([email protected])Add to contacts 8:31 AM
To: [email protected]

((((scammer))))

Hi
I am very interested,What is your final price? expecting a reply with your personal email address for a faster communication.
Thanks

((((me))))

8:36 AM
To: Louis

I'll take $4800
jesse

((((me))))

what are you offering?

((((scammer))))

Louis Lambert <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
> You should consider it sold .Actually ,I am buying it for
>someone and payment would be through PayPal . I am working in a ship
>and presently, i am out to sea.So it is a pick up agent that would be
>coming for the pick up.So i would like you to forward your Paypal
>email add. and name with more pictures .
> I would be expecting your prompt reply,with the name and the
>email address on your PayPal account so that i could make the payment
>asap and i will appreciate if you could send more pics as i would
>not be seeing it in person and pick up should be at a designated
>place or your residence.And, lastly , i am offering additional $ 100
>to your final price for you to keep it off from other offers.
>
>
>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>From: craigslist 3721080077 <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 08:37:10 -0400
>Subject: Re: 2004 CHRYSLER SEBRING CONVERTIBLE
>To: [email protected]

((((me))))

3:42 PM
To: Louis Lambert

No paypal, cash only.
If you are leget ,just have your agent bring the cash ((((( I will not be scammed out of my hard urned money)))) "local transaction only"
I will not negosiate in any other manner.
*****Nice try A??-hole*****
jesse

((((I got no response after my last reply)))))))).
Advertisement

#160659 by vonpaso xlura Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:06 pm
Good thing you noticed the scam! He would have sent a fake PayPal message and had you send some money to the "shipper", who is just another character of the scammer, by Western Union.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#160660 by Clair Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:13 pm
Hi jmontoya, Welcome to Scamwarners and thanks for posting the information. Unfortunately Craigslist is full of scammers as are most other sites that buy, sell or trade goods and services. Glad you spotted the scam attempt right away and hopefully your post will help prevent somebody else from becoming a victim.
#161144 by newjerseyshore Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:42 pm
I got the same SCAM, posted on Care.com. I got suspicious when they began asking for personal information. DO NOT GIVE IT OUT, luckily I found many more comments from unsuspecting souls that got burned from this scam under different names and I did not go any further than give an email address. Than I got this email:

SCAM***
I have received your message and your profile on care.com is quite okay by me. Mom will be moving in on 15th of April. 2013. Her name is Mel,she is 89 Years of age.140lbs and 5.8ft. She speaks English .We really need you to be honest and trust worthy in this Position. The work basis/duties are below.

- You are to be checking on her at least 4 times in a week for proper caring and to know how well about her health and i think you have little medical experience ?
- You will be earning good pay weekly handling this job properly.
- You will be driving her to hospital when she is needed for medical check up which should be at least once in a month and if you don't know how to drive, you will hire a car for her.
- Your working days will be Mon,Wed, Friday and Saturday.You will have to prescribe the convenient hrs during each of this days which will not affect your other regular work in case you have one as this will be a part time work for you and if you want to live with her in the house for other assistance there will be no problem.
So kindly provide me with the requested information below so that we can ensure the housing agent get her an apartment which will be more closer to your house and I hope about 6 miles will not be too far for you.Also we will be paying you the first week wages upfront via a Certified Check because you will help her to get some medical tools like one touch basic machine,acu-check machine and test trips in a nearest pharmacy store around.

So I want you to feed me back with the following details so that we can ensure you are ready for the work.

1. Full Name
2. Mailing Address,
3. City
4. State and Zip Code
5. Phone Number
6.Age, Sex and marital status.

I will give you her living address once the rental agent find her a suitable house. Will be awaiting your email soonest and we can proceed as you can understand that the date
is getting approach.

Thanks.
#161145 by vonpaso xlura Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:53 pm
That looks like a scam script written by an African. Could you post the email address?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10