Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#160903 by finigin Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 pm
Hi,

I feel glad you are interested in my job.

Let me tell you more about it...

I own a pawn shop and I need someone who can post my items ( watches, electronics, even cars etc. ) on eBay UK.
I will provide the photos and details of the items that need to be advertised. Your job is just to post the ads, I will talk with the peoples who are interested.

I will pay you when the auction ends. There are 2 possibilities:

1. If the item is sold:
YOU RECEIVE £100 + eBay POSTING FEES + 2% OF THE SELLING PRICE

2. If the item doesn't sell:
YOU RECEIVE £100 + eBay POSTING FEES (I'm sure that the item will sell )

Maybe you wonder, why not sell my products myself? I wanted to start an eBay account but I read on one of ebay's community pages that sellers with 0 feedback have not the same success as the others sellers with feedback.

I can pay you via PayPal or Bank Transfer every 4-5 days. Let me know if you have an ebay id and when you can start listing.
I need you to post 2-3 auctions every week...

If you agree with everything I explained here, notify me, and I will send you the items so you can post them (item description + pictures + all details)!

Reply me ASAP.
Thank you.
Advertisement

#161451 by weathermanjay Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:22 am
Hi,

Can you confirm that this is a scam?

And if so, what is the nature of the scam?

I have received this exact email and am a little concerned :?

Thanks
#161465 by TerranceBoyce Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:03 am
Welcome to Scamwarners weathermanjay.

Easily explained when you understand that the job offer is for you to act as what is known as a 'fence' for your anonymous employer.

Whether the goods are stolen, or he wants you to sell goods that don't exist and for you to get the police tracking you down after you've paid him, is impossible to tell at this stage, but it's undoubtedly against the rules for you to act as a front for any anonymous seller who admits he has no rating.

Everyone has to start trading somewhere and they can improve their rating by having satisfied customers. Why can't or won't he do that ?

Some parts of the world are unable to trade on many sites simply because fraud is rampant in those countries and you won't get much sympathy if you have enabled a scammer to circumvent their security.

If he lets down or defrauds buyers your details and bank account will take the hit, as well as you potentially be accused of fraud.

Never give a stranger any means of accessing your account, and that's what you're doing if you agree to this arrangement.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#161468 by weathermanjay Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 am
Thanks for the explanation TerranceBoyce.

All makes sense now. I wasn't going to agree to the arrangement anyway, but wanted to find out if anyone else was victim to this and what it involves.

Thanks again
#161481 by TerranceBoyce Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am
It's more inventive than many of the other scams attempting to gain access to victim's accounts, many of which amount to out and out requests for internet banking passwords thinly disguised as employment offers, but the basic foundation of this offer makes no sense.

It isn't immediately apparent how the scammer gets access to your money but by making you responsible for his sales, that's what he's doing, but no one needs to use someone else's identity to sell on a site unless there's something fraudulent going on. Getting a good reputation is easy if you plan to trade honestly.

He'd be a fool to trust you if the offer were real as he has a lot to lose if you scam him, but a scammer has nothing to lose and everything to gain because any money you send him will effectively and eventually be coming out of your pocket. Ironically scammers are always very trusting because they aren't risking anything.

Another variation of this type of fraud involved students opening bank accounts for someone else who needs it to place bets as they can't do it themselves. The added attraction is that this offer sounds illicit without the real purpose being immediately apparent.

Basic rule - is not to allow anyone to do anything in your name or through your account, or they'll spend you out in the blink of an eye and get you in deep trouble.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#161505 by finigin Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 pm
sorry just realized the reply's

they say they have the things and you pay them and they ship etc etc

obviously there is nothing after you have sent them the money and eBay will be after you too
#161507 by TerranceBoyce Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:22 pm
Yes finigin, legally the deal is between you and the buyer, and if this person doesn't send the goods, that's your problem and responsibility.

Considering you don't know this person' and his explanation is stupid, it's very clear what he's planning to do.

The other consequence, presuming you have a good rating on the site, that rating will be trashed for ever more and any business you're running will be finished.

If he's a pawn broker he'll have premises you can verify and check online, even ring him up to confirm his identity. Clearly he values his anonymity, but considering it's your reputation, neck and account on the line you shouldn't go near this proposition because it'll be your responsibility and cost if he let's you down, and there's little doubt that's what he's planning to do.

The basic scammer principle is to get a victim to pass third party transaction through their account as they remain completely anonymous and out of reach of the law.

#219171 by leetmercer Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:06 pm
BEWARE HE IS ADVERTISING ON LEGIT JOB FINDING WEBSITES (TAKEN FROM INDEED.COM)

Rashid Hussain <[email protected]>

to me
Hi,

I feel glad you are interested in my job. I was looking for a kinda long term business relationship between us and I hope I found the right person. I want to find a person willing to list my items online on eBay because I don't have an eBay account and making one now with 0 feedback will not attract potential buyers....that's the story. You have an eBay account or have you ever listed on eBay? I'm willing to pay 5% of the sale price + £100 and the eBay fees for each item you list for me on eBay, you'll earn around £400 with just one item.What do you say?
And most important: I offer and demand 100 % reliability.
Looking forward to hear from you
Kind Regards !
#219183 by Bryon Williams Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:03 pm
It is 100% a scam.

He will either not ship anything or use a stolen credit card to purchase merchandise and send it. Either way you will be helping in credit card fraud or bank fraud. It will be only you the Police will locate.

You will also lose your Ebay account due to Neg FB. Once the scam is reported by a buyer. You will have to repay Paypal or face collections.

Only sell for friends and family. You must have the item in your possession to ensure that you can ship.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#223329 by VICKY1381 Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:28 am
I am very pleased I came across this site, I have just been speaking to the above person regards listing items through my eBay account, apparently he is now selling cameras and electronics, I was asking questions upon questions and something just didn't add up, so I searched google and hey presto he's come straight up. I'm quite annoyed with myself as I have given him my eBay username but no other details. I have changed my password just to be safe. I too found this advert on indeed jobsite.

Thank Vicky
#223771 by emmama Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:17 am
I applied to a job post on Indeed http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Ceenero-Inc ... ca2cfc910b
I need someone to list items on my behalf. I'll pay £50 plus 5% of the price for each add you'll list. This job should take less than 1 hour per day.

Requirements:
- E - Bay account with feedback !!!
- Excellent verbal and written skills

Thanks

And had this email back, from [email protected]

Hi,

I feel glad you're interested in my job. I'm looking for a kinda long term business relationship between us and I hope I found the right person. I want to find a person willing to list my items online on eBay because I don't have an eBay account and making one now with 0 feedback will not attract potential buyers....that's the story. You have an eBay account or have you ever listed on eBay? I'm willing to pay 5% of the sale price + £50 and the eBay fees for each item you list for me on eBay, you'll earn a pretty nice amount with just one item.What do you say?
And most important: I offer and demand 100 % reliability.
Looking forward to hear from you
Kind Regards !
#223772 by emmama Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:21 am
Have come accross this ad on Indeed today also, maybe another scam?

Online Administration Sales Assistant - WORK FROM HOME
Port Talbot (SA12) View map
Salary from £60 to £70 per day
Permanent
Carlton Resource Solutions

Kevin Riley
Ref: Totaljobs/60883075
Print
Open in a new tab
Email similar jobs
Save job
Apply
Direct Applications:-
[email protected]

We are looking for a self motivated hard working individual with
experience of eBay listing.

The role involves working from home creating product listings for
electrical goods. Must have prior experience of working with eBay. Also
experience with computers and have excellent spoken and written English.

Job Description:

-Creating & Managing product listing on eBay.
-Replying to customers e-mail enquires regarding products and orders

Qualities:

Attention to detail & accuracy
Competent use of Word / Excel / Internet
Understanding of online sales
Good customer services skills
Ability to work on your own.
Ability to manage own work load & time management

Direct Applications:-
[email protected]
#223791 by vonpaso xlura Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm
carltonrs.co was registered only three days ago for only one year; the website is a frame around the apparently legitimate carltonrs.com. Please provide complete headers of the email from carltonrs.co so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#223970 by vonpaso xlura Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:19 am
Delivered-To: про.лджэ@gmail.com
Received: by 10.202.52.3 with SMTP id b3csp198016oia;
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:36:30 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.112.97.236 with SMTP id ed12mr33140768lbb.10.1413876989220;
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:36:29 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mout.kundenserver.de (mout.kundenserver.de. [212.227.126.130])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id d5si13113128laf.110.2014.10.21.00.36.27
for <про.лджэ@gmail.com>
(version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:36:28 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: none (google.com: [email protected] does not designate permitted sender hosts) client-ip=212.227.126.130;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=neutral (google.com: [email protected] does not designate permitted sender hosts) [email protected]
Received: from [192.168.1.5] (host-78-150-197-115.as13285.net [78.150.197.115])
by mrelayeu.kundenserver.de (node=mreue005) with ESMTP (Nemesis)
id 0LroEc-1Y7eya38j0-013c6f; Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:36:27 +0200
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:36:18 +0100
User-Agent: Postbox 3.0.11 (Windows/20140602)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Фыва Про-Лджэ <про.лджэ@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: eBay listing job
References: <CAFZMU1e4F+r6sUAVHB-_rqTLvSoSqzrDU-aCRN8eH7cysvfc-Q@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To: <CAFZMU1e4F+r6sUAVHB-_rqTLvSoSqzrDU-aCRN8eH7cysvfc-Q@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="------------000302040500040104070508"
X-Provags-ID: V02:K0:IQvzjLOIJkoNSQzRj2IhcCFZSINj84R/wVP5QtaJ42u
7pGHzvVRaIhExCed9ZXkKHYPxmf2DRnnTzcmo3F8Vvt2sM+CN8
ZswpyxyF3QLtqfN0eZKYZoefv2jmYSjjjWeoxfS47YgsPoGT9Y
SJIa2QCqrRpz+v4FZ41lLjlFxYNPAsRHziaLTIVD6piybedt7y
c9Mc3BAnqOJM02WUNugEttgtIE4NWGVf52uYt6lPT2+kpLCIsb
j47BKk55EGZp2NHrnBuxG/XPaXoT01zl3jjgAWWucPcULaFyzO
JbPlPk++O5OX0HDDXt4pY58/qz91KqXc+9KGT7TgwF5uFB51/o
mbbA9nK1kT2H9GSv4byvCtHvgLx7Oq5zhEbEVMmkt
X-UI-Out-Filterresults: notjunk:1;

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello,

Thanks for your application.

I have explained the process in detail below - if this is something of interest to you, please do let me know.

1. Customer purchases through eBay.
2. Customer pays through PayPal to you.
3. You withdraw the funds to your bank account, and withdraw the cash.
4. You then meet courier with the amount.
5. Courier confirms collection, and I authorise the dispatch of goods from the warehouse. I hope this explains a little more.

Your salary will be paid weekly via BACS& wage slip issued as per standard procedure.

If you would still like to go ahead with your application, please do let me know.

We are looking for an immediate start, and can issue an eContract over for you to sign.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

The mail server doesn't exactly match, but I have outgoing headers. The domain is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10