Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#160766 by mw4tkn Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:54 pm
Here is his reponse.

Hello,

I was about to made the payment when i had a little problem with the
mover they said they can only schedule the pick up date and time when
they receive their money for the pick up via Western Union Money
transfer in there head office in Ohio, So i included $550 and $100 to
the payment i sent to your paypal account and PayPal will instruct you
on how to get the money sent to my mover so do check your paypal email
address inbox or junk/spam folder for the payment confirmation.

The payment has been made and the money has been deducted from my
account...Kindly get the shipping fee sent to the name and address
below and send the details to paypal account customer care for your
total funds to be credited. I believe that since payment has been
made, the advert should be taken off the site and please do let me
know the location's address including your free date and time so that
i can give it to my mover to use it to register the date and time they
will be coming for the pick up in your location.

Agent's Details:

Name: Terry Dunn
Address: 1430 North 31st Street,
City: Lebanon,
State: OH,
Zipcode: 45036,

Have a wonderful Day.
Advertisement

#160767 by mw4tkn Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:55 pm
And my response to him

Slim,
That's a shame about the mover needing the funds up front, but I understand that is business with the economical climate being as it is. I don't know how you managed it so kudos to find a removal company to travel 1100 miles each way to collect this item for you, he must owe you a favor or he has a real economical van for $550 to cover his expenses and fuel being as it is. If he is looking for some extra business whilst he is down here I have some fallopian tubes that I need help to move to the local recycling center, I sure could use the help, even since my accident I have not been so mobile as I was once. You see they had to give me prosthetic legs, but I cant complain, at least I still have my own feet right? Also if your friend wants to hang around a few days, I have a business venture I would like to discuss with him, I have a business partner in Nigeria who is actually the rightful Prince to the region but he needs to deposit some cash till the heat dies down, it pays handsomely. This could be the big break He's been looking for, after all who wants to lug furniture all your days especially across 3 different time zones and 5 states, that cant be helping his situation at home.

Anyway, if your mate just takes a drive down here, take a left at the Unicorn petting zoo, and past the time machine factory through the money tree Forrest waits until the next full moon and asks the Giant for me, He'll know where the find me.

Pleasure doing business with you.
Elvis
#161808 by dd1234 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:00 pm
I too have just been hit by this scam. I never offered up my PayPal name so I never got the Western Union message etc.

The name on the email was Richard Johnson - the email address was [email protected] That email is used on Facebook by an entirely different person. It may be the real scam artist - or it may be someone innocent whose email account was highjacked... It certainly wasn't "Dick" Johnson...

Here are the messages I received:

is it still available. You should reply me to my personal email address :[email protected] or send me
yours
Richard Johnson
_________________________________________________________________________________________

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Final Selling Price and It's condition.
3)Please kindly get back to me with the email address that i will use to contact you now so that we can talk more better
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for your mail.i wanted to buy this for my Dad and he is a mechanic as a surprise promise gift Can you assure me that is in good condition and that i will not be disappointed with it,And due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. i would be glad to pay for it as soon as possible though i will not be available to come for an inspection due to my tight schedule. I’m requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the pay pal fee/charges on this transaction and if you don’t have an account with paypal,its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to http://www.paypal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will be handling the title for me. So i look forward to hear from you.Kindly get back to me with the following questions below:

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
4)what is The final Price

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so kindly get back to me with your PayPal ID. You need not to worry yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the shipping company to handle that therefore in order to complete the
transaction do get back to me with your PayPal ID and total cost so that I can make the payment asap. I will be waiting for your reply!
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Am satisfied with the price I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for.Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well.I will arrange with someone to have this picked up for your location once i have paid as i am out of town at the moment.In the meantime,can you send me more pictures and i will be glad if you can set up an account with PayPal is very easy and safe just log on tohttp://www.paypal.com/ and set up the account PayPal is the only online payment company that i trust i have been using it for for the past 7 years and i have never have problem with them.i will be glad if you can get back to me asap so i can know if you are still interested in this deal. i can assure you that am a faithful person and this transaction will be a legit transaction.pls kindly get back to me if you are interested in this deal,Thanks and God bless you

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I offered to give him the phone number of my mechanic and he never asked for it. They didn't want the VIN number for a CarFax or title search. They wanted to buy it sight unseen - paying in advance! I called PayPal and asked if the email he was using had an active account - NOPE. I asked him for his PayPal name to send him an invoice - Didn't Respond to that request. I said I would meet at a bank with a notary as long as his "Agent" had a valid Power of Attorney for the legal name that should be transferred to the title - Ignored. All too good to be true - BEWARE!

I finally told them I would only accept cash - in person - and have not heard from them since. I smelled a rat from the beginning but was glad I found this site to verify my suspicions! Thanks!
#161819 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:21 pm
Welcome to scamwarners dd1234,

Yes, it is a scam. The scammer will send you a fake Paypal payment to you via an email. The email will look realistic however it is fake. The scammer will then want you to send the over payment to the shipper or agent via Western Union. The scammer is all parties in the fraudulent transaction. In this particular scam the scammer does not want your " item ". He wants to steal your money. He will send you a fake PayPal email telling you that you have to provide a Western Union MTCN or a Money Gram Reference Number to release the fake PayPal payment.

The real PayPal will never hold your funds.

Thanks for posting the scammers information.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#162101 by onlineseller Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 am
I got a PayPal scammer that bought an item from me with emailaddress [email protected] that names himself Mitchell Yu.
Immediately after the shipment of a small none-trackable package he filed a PayPal claim and got his money back. further e-mails from my side would only results in threats from his side.
#162148 by caitlin Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:40 pm
We were selling my husband's bicycle for $950 on craigslist. He added his phone number and yesterday he got a text from the phone number (872) 216-0499. The guy asked if it was in good condition and said he was okay with the price. My husband asked if he could meet up to show him the bike and the guy said no, because he was in Maryland, we are in San Diego. It was kind of weird, he never asked about how much shipping would be and when we agreed that he would pay, he wanted to do it through PayPal. We thought great, that's easy so we gave him the paypal e-mail and this is the email we received (it had the official PayPal logos and everything).

This message is originated from PayPal company.We have receive an order from our client regarding the payment made to your PayPal account.

We just want you to understand that we have choose this customer care email address as to monitor the transaction between you and Frank Rick, and you are to get back to us with the western union transfer information for the pick up agent fee you are to send via Western Union.

We secure and update our customer account daily for self proclamation,our account department makes all daily transaction on account system to be solved, due to high daily transaction we received we commensurate on your fund in which one of our potential Buyer ,Frank Rick transfer the sum of $1300.00 USD into your account which is reflecting on our account system, So we will greatly appreciate if you could get back to us so we can process and credit your account fully.

We do not appreciate any calls due to attending to many customer, we advice you to get back to us via this email to get full details of this transaction.

Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email,so do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via phone call.

Questions? email us at: [email protected]

Please do reply to this email. This mailbox is monitored and you will receive a response. For assistance, always reply to this email as is use to monitor this transaction between you and Frank Rick.

We saw that the email said $1,300 and that was an obvious red flag as well as the multiple grammatical errors and misspellings.

Warning on anyone named Frank Rick
Warning on the phone number 872-216-0499 (which we traced as a land line in Chicago, not a cellphone in Maryland) 8722160499
Warning on any email ending in @mail2pay.com
Warning on anyone offering a lot more money than you are asking.

When we asked about an address to ship it to the guy texted "no need, an agent will come by and pick it up"
No normal transaction goes like this. Be warned!
#164725 by Calamitygirl Tue May 07, 2013 9:05 pm
smartcraigslister wrote:Sounds like Victoria Bradsley, The Scammer has been busy! I posted an ad over the weekend and received the same "Get back to me, I'm interested response". I responded asking if they'd like to come check out the item considering I was asking $950. And I got the same "Good to hear from you" email response as everyone else - word for word. Here's what made me suspicious off the bat:

1. They mentioned being too busy at work to come see an item costing nearly $1000. Crazy.
2. They mentioned they couldn't call because of satellite server being down, however they found a miraculous way to email me.
3. The push for Paypal payment. I never once said I'd accept Paypal and was put off by someone telling me how they'd pay and then send "an agent" to pick up the item. What do I look like, boo-boo the fool? I don't think so.

SO, for fun, I replied back saying that I'd be happy to deliver locally for free and cash on delivery. Of course, I have not received a response.

Thank God I dodged a bullet with this scammer. Trust your instincts folks!

I finally posted a high ticket item I would like to sell and was excited to see my first response. The second email was a huge red flag to me. Broken english, incorrect words were used, asking for my home address, etc. It said I would have called, etc. Exact words as the other Victoria emails but when it said ok with price and condition I found that odd. This item is brand new with tags.

Followed my gut, goggled her name and here I am! Always follow your instincts!

Didn't give my phone or any other info.
#164731 by Bryon Williams Tue May 07, 2013 9:58 pm
Hello Calamitygirl and welcome to Scamwarners.

I am happy to hear that searching the scammers name led you here. You avoided being scammed.

Please post the email address the scammer/thief used if it was different than what is already posted.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#164892 by rosemary28801 Thu May 09, 2013 10:53 am
Good day Everyone,
I had this email from Victoria Bradsley from a listing I had on Craigslist Nashville and having never done it before, something told me to Google her name and I found this site. So glad I did not deal with her.
I thought something did not ring true. Her email address was [email protected].

THIS IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM HER:

Good to hear back from you. I'm okay with the price and the condition.
Presently, I am always busy at work and do not
have much time around me to make or answer calls. Moreover, I would have loved
to call but our satellite server has been down in recent days which
restricts our calls. I will be paying you through PayPal as it is the
only Medium at which i can send Payment at the Moment.
I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too
since i won't be be able to see this in person. And if you don't have a
PayPal account, It's pretty easy to set up a PayPal account at
http://www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from signing up. it's
safe and secure for both Parties and i have been using PayPal to buy
and sell for years now without problems. Please get back to me with
your PayPal email so i
can proceed with the payment and contact the Pick up Agent who will
come for the Pick up of the item.
I will need these following details so i can proceed with the payment right away

1:Your PayPal e-Mail Address
2: Home Address

As soon as you get back to me with your PayPal email, I'll proceed
with full Payment. I look forward to reading from you soon.

Regards
Victoria
Last edited by rosemary28801 on Thu May 09, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#164906 by Bryon Williams Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners rosemary28801.

I am happy to hear this site and your gut feeling prevented you from being a victim.

Please post the email address the scammer used with you. It will help others avoid being scammed when they also do a search.

Thank you for posting.
Bryon

#166211 by texas1991 Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am
Here is the latest one...

Plus the information for the person he wanted us to send the money to is a sex offender!!! Here is all the information so other people don't get scammed.

Subject: Living Room Set
Date: May 19, 2013 4:57:00 AM CDT

Hello ,i have made the payment so i expect that you should have gotten an email from PayPal any moment for confirmation, and i will suggest you check your PayPal email in-box or SPAM box for their emails.I want you to know that i added an extra fee of $680 to the total payment which i need you to help send to the agent coming for pick up and it needs to be sent via Western Union as that's the only way they can get it. I am sorry i should have informed you but i only got the urgent message from the pick up agent that they will need the funds before they can come to pick up when i was about making the payment. i have been in contact with PayPal about the situation of our deal and i was told accurate security will be put on this transaction and that you are required to follow some instructions before the funds will be made available to you which i was told you have been notified with the steps.I also added $100 the Western Union charges.Please help to send the pickup agent fee to my pickup agent and get back to me if there's anything you need to know more so i will need your home address for the pickup of the item.Below is the pickup agent information.

Agent's Info:

Name: Billy Ray Mayo
Address: 18380 whit gordon rd
City: livingston
State: louisiana
Zip Code:70754

Looking forward to read back from you soon..

On May 18, 2013, at 4:28 PM, Rick Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for the details and time, i want you get back to me with your paypal email address for me to make the payment and also the pickup address to forward to the hauler who will be coming for the pickup once the payment is made and cleared.I need your number for me to text you when through with the payment

Thanks i will be waiting for your response.....
Regards Smith

--
Turner Construction Co
DirectionsWrite a review
E-mail Address: [email protected]

Address: 50 Lakefront Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone:(918)999-0856
Transit: Buffalo Exchange Street Station

On May 18, 2013, at 1:10 PM, Rick Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the response, My name is Rick Smith. I am buying this as a surprise to someone very dear to me and I want to keep it that way(AS A SURPRISE) after delivery day. I work with Turner Construction,we are currently working at a very rural area which makes it very hard for me to make phone calls due to bad network reception here but you can always text me on (918)999-0856. I will not be able to view it but I have a Mover who will come for the pickup so please get back to me with more pics and also I will be making the payment via PayPal as that is the only payment option I can access from here I hope you understand.I have some questions for you;

Are you the first owner of it?
Where do you live?
What is your final asking price?
Does it have anything negative i should know about?

Hope to read back from you soon.....
Regards Smith

--
Turner Construction Co
DirectionsWrite a review
E-mail Address: [email protected]

Address: 50 Lakefront Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone:(918)999-0856
Transit: Buffalo Exchange Street Station
#167047 by laps Mon May 27, 2013 2:55 pm
Victoria is still at it. . . received the message below this morning.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: White GE Profile Counter-Depth Refrigerator

Good to hear back from you. I'm okay with the price and the condition.
www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from signing up. it's
your PayPal email so i
I will need these following details so i can proceed with the payment right away

Regards
Victoria
#167162 by upyuurs Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 pm
Tried the same thing with me
Good to hear back from you.What is your final price?? I'm okay with
the condition.
http://www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from signing up. it's
your PayPal email so i

Regards
Victoria

[email protected]

Victoria Bradsley
#167484 by lshoe Fri May 31, 2013 1:20 pm
This is the response I received from a "Rick Smith" [email protected]:

Hello,

Thanks for the response, My name is Rick Smith. I am buying this as a surprise to someone very dear to me and I want to keep it that way(AS A SURPRISE) after delivery day. I work with Turner Construction,we are currently working at a very rural area which makes it very hard for me to make phone calls due to bad network reception here but you can always text me on (225) 935-8887. I will not be able to view it but I have a Mover who will come for the pickup so please get back to me with more pics and also I will be making the payment via PayPal as that is the only payment option I can access from here I hope you understand.I have some questions for you;

Are you the first owner of it?
Where do you live?
What is your final asking price?
Does it have anything negative i should know about?

Hope to read back from you soon.....
Regards Smith