Information on romance scams and scammers.
#14768 by wltmy Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 am
Hi people,

I'm the owner of WLTMY, Link to site removed - Ralph

And we take a big stance against scammers. We have our own software that detects scammers and blocks them. I like to share some e-mail accounts used by scammers. This way it will also turn up in search results when we post it here, plus it may warn you against these people. Our software has a detection rate of nearly 98%, those scammers will never be able to cheat someone. The other 2% is done manually by looking for patterns. Overall we detect ALL scammers before they can do damage. It costs us a lot of money, but we are determined, steadfast and unshakably dedicated to protect our members.

Our new list this week:

[email protected] Link to proof
[email protected] Link to proof
[email protected] Link to proof
[email protected] Link to proof Evidence is in those links
[email protected] See above
[email protected] Link to proof
[email protected] Link to proof
[email protected] Link to proof
[email protected] Link to proof
[email protected] Link to proof

Search links added, unconfirmed email addresses deleted - Ralph 8)
Advertisement

#14777 by The Enchantress Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:47 am
Welcome to Scamwarners wltmy.

I would have been far more impressed if before posting your advertisement and claims you had sought permission and approval from the site Admin.

Unfortunately, I do not have a great deal of time to spare, but I will fully investigate your list - using "my detection software" and spend some time browsing your site to check how successful you are keeping scammers out.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#14785 by Ralph Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:52 pm
Welcome Wltmy

I have removed the link to your site, I will not take the risk of somebody finding your link here then a scammer there.

Posting lists of scammers isn't all that much help, you would be amazed at how much proving we need to do to convince some victims that they are scammers and simply being posted in a list here hardly raises an eyebrow.

I have never seen a dating site free of scammers, even the better ones have problems, one thing I saw recently that I was impressed with is a notice that comes up alerting members if a person contacts them who is not from where they say they are.

When that happens this warning comes up
Warning! This message was sent from a computer in Nigeria, which does not match this member's stated location (United States). This could indicate a scam. Please remember never to send money to people you meet on this site.

That has to be one of the simplest ideas and it will work in most cases.

I am also weary that you are suggesting your site is 100% clear of scammers, if that is true it is fantastic but I doubt it very much and see it as dangerous to suggest it, (another reason for pulling your link)

From what you have posted here, you seem like you are trying to fix the problem and for that I thank you.

I will take a look myself to see what I can find on your site



Editing to add, I have just taken a skim through the site and if you think you have caught 100% of scammers you really are kidding yourself, there are 4 obvious scammers just on the front page.

If you are trying to clean the site up, well done, great that your trying, but it is dangerous and irresponsible to come to a site like this and tell everybody how scam free your site is when clearly it is not
#14796 by Jillian Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:08 pm
Hi wltmy and welcome here. I'm glad to hear that you're taking a stance against scammers, that is wonderful news. As Ralph said, we won't allow the link to your site as it would be seen as an endorsement. (We don't do endorcements unless the link is to a service for victims). We also need evidence of the scam to be posted along with the email addresses. Please do add evidence so that we can keep your list posted here. Let any of us on the support team know if you have questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#16199 by Ralph Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:19 am
I have added links to enough proof to satisfy myself that these are scammers and removed any that I could not find evidence for, please do not post lists of scammers unless you have evidence to back up your claims

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 39 guests