Room for Rent and other rental scams
#162391 by Con Warner Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:38 am
Date: Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:11
Subject: Re: $1000 / 3br - The home features 3Bedrooms, 2Baths, formal dining and living
To: Con Warner

Greeting,

I must confess that I am very very new in this landlord business..However, My name is Mirabal Reynaldo,I own the house located at (3557 Columbia Ave, Palmdale CA 93550).Due to my job as a missionary I spent less time in the States so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Selangor, Malaysia that I decided to rent out the house and i will be here for (4 years).. How ever,the initial plan was to sale out the Home.which I tried, but some times the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website,that is the old advert. because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be clean and for you to take of it as if it were yours The rent is $1,000 and $600 for Security Deposit For this 3BR/2Bath. Air Conditioner Dishwasher Walk-in Closet Refrigerator Vaulted Ceilings Washer/Dryer Cable etc...

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
Full Name__________________________
Home Phone ( )________________________
Cell Phone ( ) ___________________
Date of Birth_________________________
Current Address_______________________
City____________State______ Zip______
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $________
Are you married_______________________
How many people will be living in the house___________
Do you smoke____________
Do you have a pet___________________________
Do you have a car___________________________
Occupation____________________ ________
Move In Date__________________________ __
How soon can you make the payment_____________
How soon do you want to receive the keys and the document______
Application Comment
============================== =======Please make sure this questions are fill correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your applications.I know you would want to see the house before making any kind of rental payment , which is understandable.We can make arrangement for the keys and documentation including an Authorization letter to be shipped to you,this will give you the opportunity to view house.

Regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#187919 by Con Warner Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:07 am
This scammer has recently changed the wording of his script.
Date: Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:11
Subject: Re: 2br - Venice Beach House For Rent (Venice)
To: Con Warner

Thanks,My name is James A Weiss, I own the home you are interested in. The home is still available for rent, but I will only be interested in renting it out to a very responsible being.presently live & work in Buffalo NY .You can go ahead and view the surrounding of the house and neighborhood area at your own convenient time,If interested after the walk through,get back with the requested info below & see below for more details about the home.

Address: 635 Venice Blvd #A,
City: Venice
State: CA
Zip Code: 90291
County: USA

Type Single Family Home
Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 1
Pets Allowed: Cats, Small Dogs, Large Dogs
Deposit: one months rent $800 plus security deposit of $550
Features: Den/Office, Dishwasher, water,Garage, Newer Property, Garbage pickup, Scenic View,
Yard, Washer and dryer.

Requested information for proper record and documentation such as :

First Name :
Last Name:
Spouse Full Names:
Kids Full Names:
Relatives or Friends Full Name:
Mobile/Cell Number:
Telephone Number:
Present House Address:
Present Work place name and Address:
Present work Tel. Number:
Numbers of Cars:
Pet type:
proposed date of Move in:
months budget to deposit before move in:
==============================
Rental/Lease comment:
==============================
Looking forward to hear from you so we can proceed on the documentation and shipment of the keys to you.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#219527 by Michelle Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 am
Date: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: 2bd, 2 full ba house
To: Michelle Banks

Thanks for interested in my property,My name is Nathaniel Horney, I own the home you are interested in. The home is still available for rent, but I will only be interested in renting it out to a very responsible being.presently I and my family live & work in Texas, You can go ahead and view the surrounding of the house and neighborhood area at your own convenient time,If interested after the walk through,get back with the requested info below & see below for more details about the home.

Address: 1712 W Selby Ln,
City: Redwood City
Zip Code: 94061

Type Single Family Home
Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 2
Deposit: one months rent $2,200 plus security deposit of $1,000
Features: Den/Office, Dishwasher, water,Garage, Newer Property, Garbage pick-up, Scenic View,Yard, Washer and dryer.

Do you smoke____________
Application Comment
============================== =======Please make sure this questions are fill correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your applications,We can make arrangement for the keys and documentation including an Authorization letter to be shipped to you,this will give you the opportunity to view house.Looking forward to hear from you so we can proceed on the documentation and shipment of the keys to you.

Regards

#220945 by Michelle Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:01 am
On Monday, September 29, 2014 12:33 PM, Nathaniel Barkley <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for interested in my property,My name is Nathaniel Barkley, I own the home you are interested in. The home is still available for rent, but I will only be interested in renting it out to a very responsible being.presently I and my family live & work in Texas, You can go ahead and view the surrounding of the house and neighborhood area at your own convenient time,If interested after the walk through,get back with the requested info below & see below for more details about the home.

Address: 1815 N Tympani Cir,
City: Anaheim,
Zip Code: 92807

Type Single Family Home
Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 2
Deposit: one months rent $1,850 plus security deposit of $950
Features: Den/Office, Dishwasher, water,Garage, Newer Property, Garbage pick-up, Scenic View,Yard, Washer and dryer.

Do you smoke____________
Application Comment
============================== =======Please make sure this questions are fill correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your applications,We can make arrangement for the keys and documentation including an Authorization letter to be shipped to you,this will give you the opportunity to view house.Looking forward to hear from you so we can proceed on the documentation and shipment of the keys to you.

Regards

#246608 by Michelle Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:31 am
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:32 AM
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: 2 Bed 1 bath condo in Phoenix. This is a 2 bed 1 bath 750 sqft condo f

Thanks for interested in my property,My name is Charles Gregory, I own the home you are interested in. The home is still available for rent, but I will only be interested in renting it out to a very responsible being.presently I and my family live & work in California, You can go ahead and view the surrounding of the house and neighborhood area at your own convenient time,If interested after the walk through,get back with the requested info below & see below for more details about the home.

Address: 5924 W Alice Avenue.
City: Glendale
State: AZ
Zip Code: 85302

Type Single Family Home
Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 1
Deposit: one months rent $500 plus security deposit of $500

Do you smoke____________
Application Comment

Regards