Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
Advertisement

#160753 by Dotti Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 am
Thank you for reporting the new address.

I do want to make one thing clear to visitors who may not understand how these work:

Allen and Violet Large are real people.
They did win the lottery.
They gave away the winnings to family, friends, and their favorite charities a long time ago. They have no money left to give away.
They have now moved on with their lives and have no connection to any of these emails.

The people writing who claim to be the Larges, or claim to represent them, are African scammers. They have absolutely no connection to the Large family; they don't even know them. They use their name, and point to old news stories from when the Larges first decided to give the money away, in hopes of convincing victims that the money they are promising is real. These scammers want to convince you that you will receive money if you follow their instructions. They will then demand that you pay various fees or charges. In the end, they are collecting the money the victims send, and the victims will receive nothing.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#162132 by harpic Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 pm
I received an email yesterday, allegedly from the Larges, offering me US$1million.

The email was supposedly from Allen and Violet Large ([email protected])

I was asked to reply to: [email protected]

As soon as I read the email I knew it was a scam, even though I was ignorant of Allen and Violet Large and their lottery win. The email had some links, which I didn't click on, to newspaper articles about the Larges and their kind donations to try and add some authenticity to their "gift" to me. Looking up the Larges on google brought up bone fide newspaper articles about them and their generosity.
#163587 by n-a91 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 pm
I have also been contacted by this same person and he is using this email: [email protected]
so this is really a scam, right? he is asking for my name and physical address I should just ignore it right?
#163590 by mernone Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 pm
YES BY ALL MEANS IGNORE IT!!! Lord knows what they can do if you give them the info they are asking for.
#163792 by RedSonya Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 pm
Looks like the scammers have been trying this for some time! I hope they don't mistakenly/accidentally post a link to those folk's actual email address! Following is the text of the email I received this morning, purportedly from a person by the name of Annette Rosser <[email protected]>, subject line read Re: DONATION.

"We have approved a cash sum to you from our personal donation in July 2010.Contact us via email: <[email protected]> for more details"

I only posted this because I didn't see these email addresses anywhere in this thread.
#163795 by mernone Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:32 pm
It seems they keep changing the email addresses to throw people off...hopefully most people are aware of their scam and don't get pulled into their scheme. Thank you for keeping us posted.
#164033 by lillypad Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 pm
this their newest 1!! I FELL FOR IT!! I THOUGHT IT WAS SINCERE!! NVR BEEN SCAMMED B4!!! IM 17! SOOO I sent the name and address...by tried to fake it off... what culd possibly happen!!!! help please!!!

Large Allen
5:41 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Dear ,

My greetings to you and your family, I hope this communication meet you well as you will be curious to know why/how I selected you to receive the cash sum of $500,000usd, our information below is 100% genuine, please see the link below:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le2119137/

Cause to the information in our article above, We have prayed and searched over the internet for assistance on our decision to donate $500,000usd to you because i saw your profile on yahoo published email owners list and picked you, we have already finalized our decision to donate the sum of $500,000usd to you as part of our charity project to improve the lot of five (5) lucky individuals all over the world from our $11.3 million Jackpot Lottery winning fund. Violet my wife and i have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for the world to see before she died, my wife had cancer and she died last year july 16 at colchester regional hospital in truro, my wife just didn't die but she was a loving and caring wife and I miss her so much and this is why I have decided to do one thing i promised her forever. as you could see from the webpage above, am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no kids at this age. Although we won this lottery funds july 2010 this money has been in my possession and we have helped some charity organizations from our winnings.

After taken care of the needs of our immediate family members and friends, we both decided on donating the remaining of the $11million to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the red cross, haiti, hospitals in truro where violet underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in asia and europe that fight cancer, alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with our financial firm of this charity donation. we have kept just 2% of the entire lottery sum to our self.

For me to facilitate the disbursement process of the funds ($500,000usd) which we have donated solely to you, you are to send us your full names for payment, your contact address and your personal telephone number, so that i can forward your payment information to you. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money prudently and judiciously over there in your locality. please you have to do your part to also alleviate the level of poverty in your region, help as many people you can help once you have this money in your personal account because that is our only objective of donating this money to you.

I like to assure you of the authenticity of this services as we will not be involved in any illegal act and will never be, we only want to feel good by helping people at this beginning of the year, this is the only thing that makes my wife happy even now that she is not here with me anymore, we have too much to give away as I only have few years left on earth. I will advise as you as the prospective lucky winners to be calm not to loose this great opportunity which millions of people are trying to entangled but the chances just couldn’t come for them because a lot of people are out there to discourage them as they don't know how it works, and have never seen such before

Reply me if you have received this message and provide me with your name, current address and personal telephone number to enable me provide you the additional information for your payment at once, we are indeed grateful.

God bless you
Violet and Allen Large.
Last edited by lillypad on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#164034 by lillypad Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 pm
this their newest 1!! I FEEL FOR IT!! I THOUGHT IT WAS SINCERE!! NVR BEEN SCAMMED B4!!! IM 17! SOOO I sent the name and address...by tried to fake it off... what culd possibly happen!!!! help please!!!

Large Allen
5:41 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Dear ,

My greetings to you and your family, I hope this communication meet you well as you will be curious to know why/how I selected you to receive the cash sum of $500,000usd, our information below is 100% genuine, please see the link below:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le2119137/

Cause to the information in our article above, We have prayed and searched over the internet for assistance on our decision to donate $500,000usd to you because i saw your profile on yahoo published email owners list and picked you, we have already finalized our decision to donate the sum of $500,000usd to you as part of our charity project to improve the lot of five (5) lucky individuals all over the world from our $11.3 million Jackpot Lottery winning fund. Violet my wife and i have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for the world to see before she died, my wife had cancer and she died last year july 16 at colchester regional hospital in truro, my wife just didn't die but she was a loving and caring wife and I miss her so much and this is why I have decided to do one thing i promised her forever. as you could see from the webpage above, am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no kids at this age. Although we won this lottery funds july 2010 this money has been in my possession and we have helped some charity organizations from our winnings.

After taken care of the needs of our immediate family members and friends, we both decided on donating the remaining of the $11million to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the red cross, haiti, hospitals in truro where violet underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in asia and europe that fight cancer, alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with our financial firm of this charity donation. we have kept just 2% of the entire lottery sum to our self.

For me to facilitate the disbursement process of the funds ($500,000usd) which we have donated solely to you, you are to send us your full names for payment, your contact address and your personal telephone number, so that i can forward your payment information to you. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money prudently and judiciously over there in your locality. please you have to do your part to also alleviate the level of poverty in your region, help as many people you can help once you have this money in your personal account because that is our only objective of donating this money to you.

I like to assure you of the authenticity of this services as we will not be involved in any illegal act and will never be, we only want to feel good by helping people at this beginning of the year, this is the only thing that makes my wife happy even now that she is not here with me anymore, we have too much to give away as I only have few years left on earth. I will advise as you as the prospective lucky winners to be calm not to loose this great opportunity which millions of people are trying to entangled but the chances just couldn’t come for them because a lot of people are out there to discourage them as they don't know how it works, and have never seen such before

Reply me if you have received this message and provide me with your name, current address and personal telephone number to enable me provide you the additional information for your payment at once, we are indeed grateful.

God bless you
Violet and Allen Large.
#164035 by mernone Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 pm
As long as you didn't give them any bank account info or personal info such as SS number or credit card number you should be fine. There is also another one of these going around with the last name of Dawes. Never respond to these people. If something sounds too good to be true...it is a scam. Usually they end up asking for a small fee to process, so if you haven't given them any money, just do not respond to any more of their emails.