Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#15546 by Chris Fuller Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:43 pm
These emails from Senegal are supposedly in response to a dating site profile or similar - but will also be sent to people who do not have any online profile at all. They appear to be from women looking for a loving relationship. Subsequent emails will most likely explain that they are orphans and/or refugees, with millions of inherited dollars in a bank account that they are unable to access. They will, therefore, need your help, and will offer a share in the money if you have it transferred to your own bank account.

In order for this to happen, you will be introduced to their pastor, banker, or lawyer (or all three), and various fees will be required. Sometimes, if a lack of interest is shown in the transfer of the money, the 'refugee' will instead suggest you 'help' with money for a passport or visa or travel or other costs to enable them to leave the refugee camp and/or start a new life.

The writers of these emails, however, are not orphans or refugees with an inheritance. The writer is nearly always male, pretending to be female (though they may have a female friend or relative who can pose as the writer of the emails, should you wish to speak to them on the telephone); and there are no millions of dollars. They are instead telling you an invented story so that you will be motivated to send them money. It is a scam.

IP Address: 41.208.164.234 - Senegal

from lillian don: [email protected]
date Wed, Oct 28, 2009
subject hello

hello
My name is lillian ,i saw your profile today
and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more and i want you to send an email to my privet email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.
Here is my email address([email protected]) please arrange my email well to contact me back
I believe we can move from here!and remember distance of colour doesn't matter anythig but love matters allot in life.
I am waiting for your mail to my privet email address above.
see your reply soon.
[email protected]
lillian

IP Address: 196.207.214.149 - Senegal

from Marriam Gobah: [email protected]
reply-to [email protected]
date Tue, Oct 20, 2009
subject Hello

Hello
Happy day to you,I am Marriam i saw your profile today and i like it very much,which makes me to write to you to let you know that i am intrested in you,therefore i will like you to write me back so that i will tell you futher about myself and send you also my picture for you to know me physically. I will be waiting for your reply.wish you all the best for
your day. Marriam

IP Address: 41.208.133.32 - Senegal

from Gift Oti: [email protected]
to [email protected]
date Fri, Oct 16, 2009
subject Hello My Dear!!

Hello My Dear!!

My name is Miss Gift oti, am a young beautiful girl with full of love from africa and carely also romantic, and I saw your profile today when i was browssing
and i become interested in you, Please My Dear I will like you to contact me back as soon as possible through my email address(
[email protected]) so that i can give you my pictures for you to know whom i am, I believe we can move from here. Please Remember colour or distance does not matter, but Love matters allot in life. Reply me back on time,

From Gift,

IP Address: 41.214.35.140 - Senegal

from Rihanna Adams: [email protected]
date Mon, Oct 26, 2009
subject [email protected]

HELLO nice to meet you [email protected] |) My name is Rihanna,I came accross your profile on this datin site. and I will love you to contact me on my e-mail address ([email protected] |) so that I will tell you more about myself.Please, writ me on my e-mail address, so that I can send you my pictures as soon as you respond . yoursRihanna Kiss

IP Address: 41.214.33.132 - Senegal

from Hope Johnson: [email protected]
date Thu, Oct 15, 2009
subject Hello

Greetings With Love,
How are you and how is your work? i hope that all is well with you, My name is miss Hope ,i know that you may be suprise how i get your email, i got your email today when i was browsing looking for honest partner,then i feel to drop this few line to you , and i will like you to contact me through my email so that we can know each other and exchange our pictures, and we maybecome partner.

Remember the distance does not matter what matters is the love we share with each other.

i am waiting to hear from you soon.

kiss regards Miss Hope,
Advertisement

#15869 by Chris Fuller Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:05 am
A variation:

IP Address: 41.208.175.46 - Senegal

from Stanley Jones <[email protected]>
date Wed, Nov 4, 2009
subject LOVING U

Goodmorning!
Hope the sunrise gets you well and you are enjoying the weather,mine weather is
cold and cloudy today.
My name is Miss Jennifer,am desperately searching for a true lover though
love is not all about find the right relationship but how to
maintain it.
I believe all relationship should start from friendship cos good
friends a great lovers.
I am a single,heart broken long long
time ago... but stil looking forward to getting to know someone along the
way.
I am very romantic, i love to stuck myself long time in bed
and make sure my partner sleeps with a big smile he will never
forget.Anyway i will like to get know you more better, you can
email me at my email so that we keep close to each other
Rememember distance does not matter thats why we invented aeroplane neither coloure cos we have only one race and thats human.
Nevertheless love matters a lot.
I wait impatiently for you reply at my email
Yours miss Jennifer with love and Hugssssss
#15986 by Chris Fuller Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:39 am
IP Address: 41.214.120.124 - Dakar, Senegal

from annbaby <[email protected]>
date Sat, Nov 7, 2009
subject Hello,

Hello,
I saw your profile today at(google search)and get intrested to know you, because you look very nice in your profile, here is my email address please send me an email so that i will send you my photos and tell you more about my self,
yours ann
#16507 by Chris Fuller Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:41 am
IP Address: 41.208.176.217 - Senegal

from Blessing Good <[email protected]>
to Blessing Good <[email protected]>
date Fri, Nov 13, 2009
subject hello

Hello
My name is blessing ,i saw your profile today at (http://www.xxxx.xxxx) and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.
Here is my email address ([email protected])
I believe we can move from here!
I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.
blessing. ([email protected])
(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
#16597 by Chris Fuller Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:15 pm
IP Address: 41.208.177.96 - Senegal

from grace koneh <[email protected]>
date Sat, Nov 14, 2009
subject Greeting my dear,

Greeting my dear,
my name is grace i am a young beautiful girl with full of love and caring also romantic,
well i saw your profile today at(http://www.xxxx.xxxx)and i love it,i think we can click together please i will like you to use your email address ([email protected]) to contact me directly to my email box at the same time i will show you my photo and you also know more about me. thanks for your understanding please contact me with this email address below
grace.
[email protected]
#17037 by Chris Fuller Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:54 pm
IP Address: 196.207.198.137 - Senegal

from angel <[email protected]>
to [email protected]
date Fri, Nov 20, 2009
subject Hello,

Hello,
My name is Angel,i saw your profile today and became interested in you,
i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to
my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.
Here is my email address ( [email protected]) I believe we can move from
here I am waiting.Please i want you to send me your e-mail to my own e-mail box so
that i will send you my picture and you will know who i am Angel.
(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters a lot in life)
Thanks
Angel
#17106 by Chris Fuller Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:06 pm
IP Address: 41.208.171.112 - Senegal

from [email protected] <[email protected]>
date Fri, Nov 20, 2009
subject Hello Dear,

Hello Dear,
How are you? I hope you are fine,My name is Ms Ruth,i came across your profile.I am seeking for true love that will bring happiness back in my life,I will be expecting your quick response direct to my email address ([email protected]) remember age color or distance matters not,what matters is true love and friendship, until then
take care of yourself and have a nice day
Yours Ruth
#24545 by rascalguy007 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 am
HELLO
My name is grace, i saw your profile today and became intrested in
you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an
email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know
whom i am.Here is my email address ([email protected]) i believe we
can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address
above.grace(Remeber the distance or colour does age not matter but love
matters alot in life)

*Dont beleive these type of mails these are fraud mails.
#24547 by Dotti Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:59 am
Welcome Rascalguy!

What you have posted is another perfect example of this type of scammer. The "distance or colour" line is an incredibly common feature of the Senegal-based scams.

Do you have an IP address for this one? If you don't know how to show full headers, let us know and we can help you.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#24586 by rascalguy007 Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:47 am
How are you today?
i am very happy to your responded to the email i sent to you in your address at the site.I am Miss Grace Ubar. Age 23. ft 5/6. wt 59 .i am the only daughter of Late Dr Patrick Ubar from Ivory Coast in west Africa, who died during the war in my country (2003). My father was the personal adviser to our former head of state .(LATE GEN ROBERT GUEI) he is the owner of Ubar Cocoa industrAies(LTD) before he was assasinated along side with my mother on a cold blood one morning. But i managed to escape for my dear life and ran into a neighbouring country,(Dakar) the capital of (Senegal) and i am reciding there now as a refugee.in the refugee camp. Meanwhile,I am writting to you now in at Revrend's computer and will like to know you more before we move forward from here!
thanks

U will receive some of d pictures of d girl with this...
#24589 by Arnold Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:11 am
That's a typical scam too. The West African cocoa business is almost as dangerous as the Columbian cocaine trade. :D
The IP address in the email's headers will show where the scammer is, and if you can tell us who you use for email, we can tell you how to view the full headers.