Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#165989 by Infamous Thu May 16, 2013 11:51 pm
Some one please help me i was offered a job a few weeaks ago about a work from home job called globlink technology inc i looked up the website to make sure it was a real company and it was but they said they only deal with computer products at the time i thought it was legit and i was so excited because they offered me 1,800 a month but then they stared sending me tires and iphones and laptops and sending me labels to print and take to usps i took 4 tires and the label was incorrect by weight by 1 pound but the lady let me ship anyway but within a few days i got 2 tires back saying the label was tampered with electronically and i could be a victim of fraud i contacted the company and he said it was because they have new members and it was human error but i continued to grill him with questions and it all sounded very fishy they have me shipping to ukriane with fake names idk what to do any more i signed a contract but idk if its really legit at all they have sent me iphones and tires and baby toys its nothing like the company i looked up on the internet please help idk what to do i want out of this!!!!!
Advertisement

#165992 by vonpaso xlura Fri May 17, 2013 1:04 am
This sounds like a scam. Please post the emails, with full headers, and the link to the website mentioned in the emails or attachments. There are several websites claiming to be Globlink.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#165994 by began steele Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 am
It is a scam.. The goods are paid for with stolen card details. Do not accept the parcels. They will go back to sender. To protect your self with the current actions see your local police force, and don't hope it will be alright if you do nothing. You are a victim of a crime and so it is unlikely the LE will do anything to you at this stage. You do not have any form of legal contract since the whole thing is a fraud. However please publish the details here. Do not contact the scammer. You will probably be threatened with a range of actions all of which will be meaningless so ignore them. Just publish them here.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#166010 by Infamous Fri May 17, 2013 7:25 am
This is only 1 of tons of emails i have from them......Hello Ryan,

I am glad to be informed that you are ready to start working in
Globlink Technology Inc. We have reviewed your information and decided
to hire you. Now before the first deal you need to sign a job
contract. I attach he necessary documents for you. Now you need to
make the next:

You will find a word document "Employment Agreement" and "Employee
registration form". Please look through the form carefully, then print
it, fill the form, sign it, scan and send to my e-mail:
[email protected]

Send a scanned image of your Driver’s License or your Passport for
your identification.

After the documents are received they will be reviewed and signed by
the President of Globlink Technology Inc.

What will you do next? After the President sign your contract, you are
will be the employee of Globlink Technology Inc. You will be informed
about the coming post by e-mail and by phone. But if it is impossible
to reach you by phone, you will be contacted only by e-mail. That's
why I suggest you to check your mail box several times a day. I will
send you all the necessary instructions.

Now I will be waiting for your documents and I will be very glad to
see you as the partner of Globlink Technology Inc.

Alice Graham,
Hiring Manager
Globlink Technology Inc.
#166011 by Infamous Fri May 17, 2013 7:26 am
This is when it started getting fishy

Dear Ryan!

The first packages was sent. Please find bellow the instructions.

IMPORTANT: This packages has been assigned to a top-priority level and
therefore has to be processed soonest possible.

Package Details:

Tracking Number: 1Z2886500361411355
Name: Charles Bollinger
Post Company: UPS
Tracking link: http://www.packagemapping.com/

1. Receive the packages. If you have any troubles you should contact
the post company ( you will get the name, telephone number and
tracking number).
2. Most of the packages will be addressed to our managers and for
their names. These will be gifts for birthday parties of our managers.
You also should take out the Invoice from the packages you receive.
As it is gifts we do not want our managers to know the cost of the
gift.
3. Send it to the address. I will give you all the necessary
information about the address and also I will give you the labels for
a post company where you should send the packages. The label that you
should print and give to a post office agent so you do
not pay for the packages.
4. Write me confirmation letter.

If you will have any questions, please send me an email.
Please confirm that you received this email.

Alice Graham,
Hiring Manager
Globlink Technology Inc.
#166015 by vonpaso xlura Fri May 17, 2013 8:04 am
Please post the full headers; if the scammer is using his own domain for email, we want to kill it. packagemapping.com has been around for over six years but has a hidden registrant. I'll let the other site killers look at it.

#166031 by Infamous Fri May 17, 2013 1:07 pm
Also what do i do with the left over items i have from this guy do i sell them? Throw them out ? Give them back?
#166054 by Infamous Fri May 17, 2013 5:37 pm
Ok so i went to my local police office and they told me to send the stuff back im like wtf how tf can i send something back when idk where it came from the blew me off and told me it was out of there jurisdiction and told me to go to the usps so i went there and they basicly told me rhe same thing and didnt want the stuff ethier and told me to talk to the fedaral agents of the pist office but i called them and they dindt answer and the website is done when i talked to ups they told me they didnt want the package ethiere and i should get a hold put on my house so no more packages can be delivered to my home..so idk what the hell to do he still sending me stuff even though i have cut off all contact with him
#166059 by vonpaso xlura Fri May 17, 2013 6:13 pm
Do you still have the invoice that the scammer told you to take out of the package? You could try contacting the company that sent it.

#166077 by Dotti Sat May 18, 2013 1:24 am
For packages you already have: Contact the company listed on the invoice or packing slip to arrange return.

For anything that arrives at this point (it may be that the orders were already placed before you cut off contact) you can and should just refuse delivery. If it was sent through the post office, do not open it. Just mark "Return to Sender" on it and give it back to the post office. (You can't do this if it is opened.) You can also report mail fraud for anything shipped through the postal service here: http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#166089 by began steele Sat May 18, 2013 5:52 am
Hmmm. If you are stuck with anything you need to wait for 3 months to get any fraudulent transactions through the bank clearing system. At least you have covered your backside regarding the law. You might hear in the meantime so if you do you are able to act on that. You can't convert the goods to your own use as that will be theft. BUT you can dispose of them so long as you don't get an advantage. That means heading off to a charity shop and giving them away and get a receipt for them. If anything has a decent value if sold you could also try an auction and ensure the money is sent directly to a charity of your choice. I will make a plug here for Facing Africa.org. They do plastic surgery on children with Noma and it is a life changer for them. It also impacts directly to West Africa and the children suffering there. I like this because we give back good things to counter all the nasty stuff that emerges from there. " Michelle the Mod" knows about this very well from when we dealt with a scam against this wonderful charity. Let's see what comes. Don't lose sleep over it all, what's done is done. I am glad you are wiser now and don't be afraid to ask questions in the future.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.