Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#164577 by kathyb Sun May 05, 2013 4:42 pm
I recently met a guy on speeddate.com named David. i was almost taken by his scam, his so call commander uses [email protected],the army does not use this also i have all the forms they send me to request for him to come home. I called the FBI and they gave me a website of ic3.gov to go to and file a complaint attaching all the documents and emails also pictures. they are investgating this now. i also notified the website that he is using. I can't believe i fall for this guy
#164861 by Shasta Thu May 09, 2013 7:05 am
hi
shasta here
I have been contacted be a sgt in the army (well supposed sgt). his grammar and language is not US. he seemed lonely and looking for someone to talk to. so i did, but was immediately suspicious. so i googled and found you guys. not long after chatting, he was 'falling in love' ...oh yeah :roll: . i have played around and used specific military jargon and he seems to know what i'm talking about. so he has done some homework.

there is a government site (US) that offers help to get rid of these guys, but from what I've read here it ay be a lost cause. it is the CID site...has anyone used it.

after i joked and made fun of the idea of me sending money to 'get him out of town'...his love dwindled :bowdown: , and he went away. now he is back but not saying anything.

i would love to take him down but have no idea how.

he found me on FB. no emails. his addys were all fake for the us gov and he uses yahoo email. i searched a person with his name and found all the information matched from what he said...do they really go that deep?

I would be efn devastated if this soldiers pics are of a deceased soldier...prolly actually throw up.

any help on how to out him would be appreciated.

thanks everyone
#164862 by Shasta Thu May 09, 2013 7:07 am
kathyb wrote:I recently met a guy on speeddate.com named David. i was almost taken by his scam, his so call commander uses [email protected],the army does not use this also i have all the forms they send me to request for him to come home. I called the FBI and they gave me a website of ic3.gov to go to and file a complaint attaching all the documents and emails also pictures. they are investgating this now. i also notified the website that he is using. I can't believe i fall for this guy

thanks for the info Kathy.

i'm going to check the ic3.com site. i have been watching women come on is page and leave...so another indicator.
shasta
#164877 by kathyb Thu May 09, 2013 8:30 am
Hi Shasta

It is ic3.gov. this a a site the FBI get there info from. they will give you a number and passcode in case you ever need to add more info. they advised me not to have any more contact with this guy. Do not get rid of any emails,texts or contact info that you may have in case they need to get ahold of you. He is now on my yahoo chat and i block. they are very aggressive people. please be careful. it was so easy to fall for this guy and really hard to let go. Just be strong and now what they can do.

kathy
#164938 by Shasta Thu May 09, 2013 2:58 pm
kathyb wrote:Hi Shasta

It is ic3.gov. this a a site the FBI get there info from. they will give you a number and passcode in case you ever need to add more info. they advised me not to have any more contact with this guy. Do not get rid of any emails,texts or contact info that you may have in case they need to get ahold of you. He is now on my yahoo chat and i block. they are very aggressive people. please be careful. it was so easy to fall for this guy and really hard to let go. Just be strong and now what they can do.

kathy

Thanks Kathy. he tried but it didnt work. he seemed to get pissy and go away when i wouldn't comply....but came back later saying he was on a mission...and needed to leave. and that if the wife (huh? i'm not wife) were to send request to some us army gmail addy, they will process in hours as soon as money is received.

anyway, some of the sites i found for reporting are for if you were scammed. i want to report this guy cus he is a poser.
#164949 by Dotti Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm
Shasta,

Posting the information you have here wil make it google searchable so that other potential victims can find it. That's why sites like ours exist. As you said, IC3 typically looks for reports in which you lost money---if he hasn't gotten any money from you, there is really no chance to prosecute him even if he were in the US and could be found. Any defense attorney would claim he was just playing with you and never intended to actually take your money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#164990 by Shasta Fri May 10, 2013 1:38 am

this is the face of a guy who contacted me on FB. I don't believe that the words behind the screen are from the face you see????

*says he is Sgt Nicholas Todd
*lives in Las Vegas
*currently deployed to Benghazi (previously Afghanistan)
*says he is a sergeant in US Army
*had a sad story about no parents
*very poor use of english written language
*had to 'nap' or go on 'mission' whenever asked any questions
*rest of story is similar to others here
*in the war (at first he said he is a peacekeeper; then said he is UAV guy), wants out, loves me, wants to come to 'where I am', leave is 'currently' being issued to service members who want to leave, commander on-site ready to help, have to send letter asap to us army (but its a fake addy...gmail I think), commander will approve for sure, have to pay $5K to re-deploy and for flights, processing, etc., and then US mil will reimburse $$$.

in all, after I called him on the mil gmail addy, i got two more, three email addys in total!!!
[email protected]
[email protected]
and there was a gmail one, but I'm tired of looking for it.
edit: HA I found it:
General Raymond Chandlers
[email protected]

edit: found email addys

[email protected]
[email protected] :!:

oh, and something funny :lol: , the guy didnt have much to say in the form of a sentence. His language was limited, but one time he exploded with info and language on what he does, when he did he wrote:

"The Ravens used three different airplanes to accomplish their mission: the small, light O-1 observation aircraft, armed only with white phosphorous smoke rockets; the heavier, slightly faster U-17 (Cessna 185), with the same armament, but longer range and loiter time. Some Ravens got to check out in the "Cadillac"-the T-28. This was heaven for a Raven-bombs, napalm, high explosive rockets, and 50 caliber machine guns for strafe. Now, you didn't have to wait for jets when you had a fast-moving target. The common denominator was that they all flew low, slow, and were highly vulnerable to ground fire."

:roll: so i googled that ^ and well, if you are interested just paste that in your browser.

anyway, I wasnt scammed, but what he is doing, scammed or not, should be illegal. jmho

I've watched his FB page and dont believe his 'friends' list, and also women come and go :P

what really bothers me, along with women getting scammed, is that some guy's identity is being abused. god I hope this service member is not KIA or something.... :cry:

:bondage:
#165866 by USArmyRetired Wed May 15, 2013 5:13 pm
Shasta,

I have replied to your messages.

Anything you do to out these scammers adds fuel to our cause. Please ensure that any information you have is posted about them (i.e. what site they were on, the name they used, where they said they lived) this info is invaluable when reverse searching the plethora of information they spew. By cross referencing all the info you will see the truth in the scam. When a guy says he lives in Las Vegas yet he is wearing a patch from the Washington National Guard (yeah I caught that first) there is the first of the lies I can unravel. I will attempt to find the SSG Todd in the photo I am pretty sure I can do that in a matter of minutes.

Ladies and Gentlemen (yes guys get scammed too) please for the sake of all that is holy do not allow yourself to become emotionally attached to a picture. Force them to get onto Skype or a streaming web service and see them face to face. Facial reactions will give away lies quick. And never accept an invite to visit them in whatever country they say they are in. This has happened in the past and the young lady was found deceased.

Your safety is my biggest concern.

Rich

I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade.
#165881 by began steele Thu May 16, 2013 2:17 am
General Ray Chandlers is not in an office in Afghanistan issuing leave passes to soldiers, Scammer has the name Raymond Chandler in his mind who is Sgt Major of the Army and not a General at all. Of course all the email addresses/domains are free ones any one can use and nothing real military would use.
Welcome back Rich

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#165966 by USArmyRetired Thu May 16, 2013 3:32 pm
Began,

CSM Raymond Chandler is the current CSM of the Army and works in a small office in the Pentagon. You are absolutely correct.

Sorry I have been busy moving and getting my house in order so I took a small hiatus. I am back and still hitting the scammers in the face with a picket pounder. I have messaged the Nicholas Todd guy and surprise, surprise, no answer.

He also has a new buddy Joshua Peterson

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.peterson.92775838

This guy is the same as him. Only female friends and the only "Military" friend he has is Nick Todd.

I know from 24 years in the Army I am always trying to find guys I served with. Today I found one of my medics from Germany in 1989 and we are messaging each other like we saw each other yesterday. Soldiers stick together no matter what and we are always looking to find more of our friends. It is our family.

Here is an INSTANT UPDATE (Like while I was typing this instant) on Nicholas Todd. I have a friend that was is an MP in California and knows the real guy. She contacted him just about 5 mins ago and let him know. He will be starting his part to clear this guy from the bowels of the internet. I love my friends. This proves that the Army in it's massive size is still small enough to have friends that know friends.

Rich

#166891 by crazygirl35 Sat May 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Don't feel bad since this crazygirl just got scam for $500 and for some reason a red light when in my head but no I didn't listen and now I lost $500 of my hard work. The person goes by Sgt. David Morgan and his email is [email protected]. Supposedly his wife died two years ago due to cancer and have a daughter that is 5yrs ago and she live with his mom in California. He has been in Afghanistan for 77 weeks and now is asking for $1000 supposedly for his fight ticket.
#166964 by USArmyRetired Sun May 26, 2013 4:12 pm
crazygirl35 wrote:Don't feel bad since this crazygirl just got scam for $500 and for some reason a red light when in my head but no I didn't listen and now I lost $500 of my hard work. The person goes by Sgt. David Morgan and his email is [email protected]. Supposedly his wife died two years ago due to cancer and have a daughter that is 5yrs ago and she live with his mom in California. He has been in Afghanistan for 77 weeks and now is asking for $1000 supposedly for his fight ticket.

Crazygirl,

I am sorry that you were scammed. I wish I could help you get the money back.

This information applies to everyone:

No Soldier serving in Afghanistan currently has been there more then 52 weeks (1 Year) as that is the longest allowable time that TCS (Temporary Change of Station) Orders will allow. Most tours have been reduced to 9 months.

NO SOLDIER DEPLOYED TO A COMBAT ZONE HAS TO PAY FOR PLANE TICKETS EVER.
They are on the above mentioned TCS orders and that is how they travel at government cost. R&R flights are paid for by the government as well, to the airport nearest to their home.

THERE IS NO MONEY TRANSFER SERVICE AVAILABLE TO SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN.
I was there and not once did I ever find a Western Union in the middle of the desert. I had to transfer money to a friend by calling my bank. If they ask for money to be sent to a Transfer Service such as Western Union (or whatever they use in Ghana) it should immediately send up fireworks and flags. It is a scam.

Please Protect yourselves and Surf the net safely.

#166993 by began steele Mon May 27, 2013 2:43 am
Good post USAR, I did once meet a troop of US Soldiers flying out from Sofia, Bulgaria back to Afghanistan having had an R&R long weekend. When I was in UK Army you could hitch a free plane ride with the RAF to anywhere one happened to be going. The advice however was to always ensure you had civil plane fare money to get back.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#167449 by Shasta Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 am
This Todd character is back. He has another FB profile and uses a pic of a kid.

Also, are the pics below removed? They don't show up for me? If the pics are removed, I am hesitant to post the new ones?

Shasta wrote:Image

this is the face of a guy who contacted me on FB. I don't believe that the words behind the screen are from the face you see????

*says he is Sgt Nicholas Todd
*lives in Las Vegas
*currently deployed to Benghazi (previously Afghanistan)
*says he is a sergeant in US Army
*had a sad story about no parents
*very poor use of english written language
*had to 'nap' or go on 'mission' whenever asked any questions
*rest of story is similar to others here
*in the war (at first he said he is a peacekeeper; then said he is UAV guy), wants out, loves me, wants to come to 'where I am', leave is 'currently' being issued to service members who want to leave, commander on-site ready to help, have to send letter asap to us army (but its a fake addy...gmail I think), commander will approve for sure, have to pay $5K to re-deploy and for flights, processing, etc., and then US mil will reimburse $$$.

in all, after I called him on the mil gmail addy, i got two more, three email addys in total!!!
[email protected]
[email protected]
and there was a gmail one, but I'm tired of looking for it.
edit: HA I found it:
General Raymond Chandlers
[email protected]

edit: found email addys

[email protected]
[email protected] :!:

oh, and something funny :lol: , the guy didnt have much to say in the form of a sentence. His language was limited, but one time he exploded with info and language on what he does, when he did he wrote:

"The Ravens used three different airplanes to accomplish their mission: the small, light O-1 observation aircraft, armed only with white phosphorous smoke rockets; the heavier, slightly faster U-17 (Cessna 185), with the same armament, but longer range and loiter time. Some Ravens got to check out in the "Cadillac"-the T-28. This was heaven for a Raven-bombs, napalm, high explosive rockets, and 50 caliber machine guns for strafe. Now, you didn't have to wait for jets when you had a fast-moving target. The common denominator was that they all flew low, slow, and were highly vulnerable to ground fire."

:roll: so i googled that ^ and well, if you are interested just paste that in your browser.

anyway, I wasnt scammed, but what he is doing, scammed or not, should be illegal. jmho

I've watched his FB page and dont believe his 'friends' list, and also women come and go :P

what really bothers me, along with women getting scammed, is that some guy's identity is being abused. god I hope this service member is not KIA or something.... :cry:

:bondage: