Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
Advertisement

#165541 by TerranceBoyce Mon May 13, 2013 10:18 am
I have sent you a pm piotr29.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#165546 by jolly_roger Mon May 13, 2013 10:54 am
Yes indeed it is! Mpo-plant.com is linked to public IP address 188.120.254.170
The site mpo-plant.com is valuated at $0 USD because it could be making around $0 USD per day. It is estimated that this domain receives about 0 hits each day. Report updated today Mon 13 May 2013.
Which all looks dubious I would say.
#165586 by TerranceBoyce Mon May 13, 2013 6:54 pm
If you track the Mobile number +442032870329 mentioned in the website it leads to a massive Europe wide spamming of the scam adverts from Greece to the UK from the start of this month, using a variety of names and identities.

I'll accumulate and list them below for anyone making a Google search.

http://zemedelska-technika.tiptrucker.cz/vyoravace/caterpillar-303c-cr-minibagr-prodej

Martin Paul O'Sullivan
mpoplant
Sonnenburger Str. 73
10437, Berlin

E-mail: [email protected]
Telefon: +4980201693389
Mobil: +442032870329

http://www.bambam.gr/ads/show/206492.aspx

Daniel Ackermann, +4980201693389

http://www.trucksale.de/users/25431/

Address RM111LY, HORNCHURCH, Greater London, United Kingdom, 1 DOWN SOUTH ROAD
Phone +44 (203) 2870329
Phone +44 (793) 8607407
Contact MARTIN PAUL O'SULLIVAN
Websiete http://www.mpo-plant.com/

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#165903 by TerranceBoyce Thu May 16, 2013 6:42 am
The predominant feature of all these scam agricultural and construction machinery websites is that the goods are advertised for sale all over Europe on general machinery websites. mainly Eastern Europe, and most frequently the company purports to be located in the UK, though sometimes in Germany. It's quite shocking to see the same photos of machinery on different East European ad websites claiming to be located in different places, allegedly being sold by different companies.

Usually the bank account will be in the UK and it is most important that the accounts being used are identified and reported. I know some details and it would be useful to know what other accounts are being used, or if it is the same one.

#167226 by martin o'sullivan Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 pm
Hi everyone, I dont know where to start !!

I am Martin O'Sullivan of the address above, someone is using my business details to comit fraud.

This morning two guys arrived at my door saying that they have come to view a JCB, I was totally confused as I wasnt expecting anybody. After inviting them in it became apperent that they were in the middle of a scam involving my name and address. These guys had just travelled from Norway to my home in Essex/London to see the machine in person. They told me about the machine they were buying and had some contact phone numbers, when I rang the mobile it was an international ring tone and the london landline was unanswered.

I googled my full name and was shocked to see pages and pages of warnings about me and my business (or not as the case is)

I do sell small plant and tools but not large excavators or the like. I mainly sell Hydraulic breakers that attach to diggers, currently I do not have a website as I sell on ebay but I was shocked to see moplant.com with my details. I can assure you this is not me !!

I have just come back from the police station but they told me that as I have not lost anything I cannot report it as a crime so they dont want to know, I will need to seek further advice as I am not happy with that response.

For anyone wishing to contact me you can get me on 07772 081 052, this is my personal and business phone number, I do not use any other number so beware of any other numbers you may be given, if I dont answer when you call try again or leave a message and I will call you back.

If you have been a victim of these scammers and they have taken your money please could you give me the number of what police station you have reported it to so I can call them to clear my name and help with any questions.
Last edited by martin o'sullivan on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#167232 by TerranceBoyce Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners martin o'sullivan.

These scammers are a massive problem and are not only duping victims who tend to be from mainland Europe but they are also making the lives of honest UK traders a nightmare.

I would remove your phone number from the post and rely on people sending you a pm from within the forum.

I'm doing my best to collect info on these people but the only thing that is of any worth is details of the bank account they're using to receive funds. I have details of a few they're using and I'm doing research on them.

The reaction of the police and the banks isn't satisfactory, to say the least but, if I can collect enough information I'm prepared to go over the heads of the police and the banks. If you didn't think that was possible, I assure you it is.

If the bank account has been used before in a scam that has been reported, then the victim has a case against the bank as, under money laundering legislation they are obliged to do more than stand by and just watch criminals launder money. Forgive my caustic words but my background is banking and I don't consider it acceptable and, I know what I'm talking about.

Life's hard enough without scammers being given a helping hand.

#167236 by martin o'sullivan Wed May 29, 2013 2:01 pm
Hi thank you for the reply,

Do you have a reason for me not posting my number? it is available anyway and all my normal advertising.

I am in the early stages of having a website built and have just spoken to the designer to see what he advises as I dont want my new site to be linked with these fraudsters.

I think its disgusting that the police dont want to know but there is probably so much of this going on that they cant do anything about it. These scammers are pretty clever and normally stay one step ahead.

My web designer tells me that mpo-plant.com was registered only last month in China.

I have found my details on plant trading websites all over europe.

They must have got my details from Her Majestys Revenue and Customs as that is the only place I can think of where my middle name Paul is ever used, I never use it .

I would love to hear from someone who has actually been scammed using my name so I can report it and get it recognised as a crime
#167317 by TerranceBoyce Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 pm
I only suggest it so that the scammers don't pick it up the telephone number and abuse it. There is little doubt that they monitor these forums which are, of necessity, publicly available. The creation of confusion is undoubtedly part of the scammers' tactics.

A warning notice on your website may be helpful to warn potential victims and reassure your customers. Unfortunately once the scammers get a name they tend to keep using it though setting up your website may force them to move on.

I need data in the form of the bank accounts being used by the scammers, and I have some, but I need more so that I can take it up on a formal basis and put forward a strong case. It's not easy to get an MP to act, but I have managed when I have had a strong argument and evidence to back it up. This isn't your concern or responsibility and I'll keep pressing victims for this information. If the same accounts keep cropping up then the banks involved have questions to answer and it can be taken up with the FOS.

If I can evidence links and patterns that are not being picked up or acted upon by the authorities, I can put pressure on them to act to act. Scammers make mistakes.

#167427 by martin o'sullivan Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 pm
I connot belive how much of this is going on, I have been depressed all day thinking about these bastards using my name and address.

From me posting my number in my intro above a lady called me today from Poland to tell me they sent £10000 to these guys perporting to be me.

Unfortunatly I am having major problems with my phone today on the EE network so I need to call this woman back when my signal improoves to see if she has reported this and to get her to put the bank details on here for you guys to investigate.

If the lady who called me today is reading this please write a message here as I have not yet recieved your cousins number by text due to my phone problem.
#167430 by TerranceBoyce Thu May 30, 2013 6:54 pm
There's not too much you can do martin o'sullivan, but if she'll let us know what bank account she paid the money in to, then it can be compared with the other details we've collected.

Without doubt the intention has been to keep this fraud 'under the radar' by making it appear like isolated cases, but it isn't. If the connections can be made then, not only will it become easier to prosecute, but it will become of greater significance to the authorities.

#167712 by martin o'sullivan Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:30 am
WARNING WARNING WARNING

mpo-plant.com is now live again, and agian my details are all over it,

PLEASE DO NOT SEND THESE BASTARDS ANY MONEY, YOU WILL GET NOTHING IN RETURN FROM THEM.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW i CAN GET THIS SITE TAKEN DOWN PLEASE ADVISE

i am Martin Paul O'Sullivan and these people are useg my details do not trust them