Information on romance scams and scammers.
#52648 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:31 pm
After I blasted him & told him I knew he was a scammer all along, he tried to convince me otherwise...He sounds less & less American, but that might just be nerves. He writes below...

Its not my fault honey..now this is what happened ..anytime i want to write you..i always write inside mt laptop notepad first....so when i sent you this message on Facebook long time back..i didnt delete it from the notepad...so after typing the new message..fresh one i mean i mistakenly copy the old one....instead of sending the new one i just typed....it was something else i wanted to send to you....forgive my mistake my love,..

i swear to my father's grave i dont have any body apart from you my love...i dont cheat...when i put my mind on something i do with whole heartedly...once again..am sorry...

Now this was the message i intend sending to you..

Oh dear what a lucky us....i just left the commandant secretary office now....and guess what?..The telecommunication will be possible..all we have to do is simple... You will have to email the head quarter and ask them for the permission to speak with you fiance Sergeant Major Edwards A.Glass in Afghanistan zone..

dont forget to tell them that the communication is base on some important reason that require my attention,..

here is the head quarter email
([email protected])

muahhh
Advertisement

#52649 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:36 pm
I called his bluff knowing full well what was coming, but I just needed to convince my daughter who just about had us married off! Haha! I emailed his 'office' and requested he be given an opportunity to call me but I didn't give my number to them. I just stated he has my number already. Below is the reply asking for $300 which I would supposedly get back. Note the major spelling mistakes, especially at the end. And no, I didn't send any money, but I am going to email the idiot & give him a piece of my mind.

Dear Subscriber
Thank you for the inquiry, our service is to provide phoning and Satellite facilities for civilian and Military Personnel.
We specialize in providing global satellite access services.. TS2 solutions have been implemented forUnited States Marine Corps (USMC), U.S. Army Corps , Australian Defence Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy, Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the Sta te Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland), World Bank G roup, Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information Technology, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation Aerospace / Communications Division, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (Neany), EchoStorm Worldwide, Jorge Scientific Corporation, Erinys International, Aegis Iraq, Warsaw Stock Exchange, Polish State Railways PKP S.A.,University of Warsaw, Reuters, TVP - Polish TV, TVN, Agora, PAP - Polish Press Agency, EuroZet, Nokia Siemens Networks, PTC - Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa, Centertel, Polkomtel, Michelin Poland, BMW - Baye rische Motoren Wer ke, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota Marki, IBM - International Business Machines Corporation, HP - Hewlett-Packard, Manitowoc Crane Group, Carrefour, Colgate-Palmolive, Comarch, PBG S.A., Prochem S.A., Holowczyc Management, NG2 - New Gate Group, LPP S.A., Big Star Limited, Bank BPH, PKO TFI S.A., PGNiG - Polish Petroleum and Gas Mining, Drill-Lab, MEGAGAZ S.A., SCHMIDT Holding, White&Case, Sun Microsystems, PMM - Polish Medical Mission, UPS - United Parcel Service, Polish Medical Air Rescue and SkyTaxi.
Especially for US Army soldiers we ship VSAT equipment within /5-7 days/ in Afghanistan, Iraq and theMiddle East.
We also provide Thuraya Satellite Phones for the Military personnel.
Thuraya products give you the freedom of movement and the ability to stay connected in more than 110 countries in Europe, North, Central Africa and large parts of Southern Africa, the Middle East, Central and South Asia . This means total coverage whether you are in a village, on a mountain or by the coast.

Basic advantages of the Thuraya satellite telephony we provides for the Military are:
Possibility of communicating freely in 110 countries in Europe, North and Central Africa, Asia, and Middle East
Satellite and GSM connectivity in one telephone
Posibility of calling Inmarsat A/B/Mini/ Iridium networks
No prepaid cards needed
Free Thuraya - SG-2520 Handset - Satellite/GSM
Free unlimited calls for Military Personnel after the (300 dollars) registration fee(s) have been remitted,which will be returned after the connection
In other to register for our phoning facility, you are advice to provide us with the information below;
YOUR INFORMATION:
- FULL NAME:
-HOME ADDRESS:
- PHONE NUMBER:
- PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:
MILITARY PERSONNEL INFORMATION:
-NAME:
-LOCATION (COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE NEEDS THE SERVICE):

Once you provide us with the above information you are no longer anonymous to us.
(We) protect your privacy. We do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary.
All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity
The information is what we are going to use to register you with our service.

Remember,the aforementioned fee is refundable
Regards,
TS2.
Satellite Provider - Technologie Satelitarne
#52699 by Katharina Fri May 06, 2011 10:07 am
Hi WonderWoman, amazing story! Great you were not fooled for one minute. Usually we hear from friends and relatives trying desperately to warn a victim who is hooked, here it's the other way round.
You might consider not giving the scammer a piece of your mind, although it is tempting. He might gather some hints what he did wrong - e.g. be less over the top next time - and you don't want to help him becoming a better scammer.
If you want your revenge, there is a more cruel way: Become a scam baiter, stringing him along in perfect anonimity.
To learn the secrets of the trade, go to:
http://forum.419eater.com
#167314 by KRWX2 Wed May 29, 2013 7:43 pm
Hi everyone, thank you so much for posting this guy, John Preston, US Army. He contacted me yesterday on Facebook (5.28.2013). The first red flag was the poor English, calling me dear. Looking at his Facebook Site, he just joined, seems to be friends with women, then blocks them out. I goggled his name and this site came up! Thank you so much!
#167388 by TerranceBoyce Thu May 30, 2013 10:45 am
To send someone purporting to be a soldier mail, find out their APO number. To e-mail one, find out their AKO e-mail address. If he doesn't know what these are and can't supply them, he isn't a soldier.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle