Information on romance scams and scammers.
#168614 by Aspen2013 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 pm
I met him on Matchmaker. com and he wanted to exchange emails and chat on Yahoo Msgr. He did send me an email and told me all about himself, but we never could get together to chat. As he removed his profile soon after he contacted me, like most of them did, I was curious if he was a scammer also!
Advertisement

#168774 by Grunt Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 pm
his pic with the yahoo address

also on DHU
godputmeon60
Age 59
Education: Associate's Degree
Income: $125,000 - $275,000
Job: Sales

i am a single parent and has been for about 9 years now but i believe nothing in this world last forever and so i am ready to move on to another chapter in my life. i am simple, loving,caring and most important faithful. i enjoy the simple things in life such as the woods,river,sunshine,beach and the mountains. i love music,love to relax while i sip on a wine in a thriller or foreign movie. i look to find someone that i can live till i am gone, are you out here?

cch

#172489 by baba1111 Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:05 pm
Admin note: This post was made by the scammer himself, in a rather pathetic attempt to salvage his ongoing scams. His ego is clearly bigger than his brain, if he thinks that his English is even remotely good enough to pass as anything other than African. He also uses the address [email protected] -dotti

This man you are talking about is my business partner and i wonder how some women could be so crazy enough to put someone's name on a scam list when he didn't make any attempt to scam you at all. If you must know, he was having a difficulty with the so called dating site you mentioned and that was what got him off it and he lost contacts with most of the people on his messenger as well. You should ask for forgiveness from God because you are judging a man you don't know. If you must know, he is a very okay man and wouldn't want to ever have anything to do with scamming people. Its mostly better for you to remove the post and ask for forgiveness from God. Then never judge anyone. Thanks
#172493 by Bryon Williams Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:40 pm
The above poster is confused, in denial or is working with [email protected] as a scammer.

The dating site removed his profile because they realized he used a stolen credit card to sign up or other women reported him for scamming. The scammer knew this was eventually going to happen. Thats why he messaged hundreds of women initially and asked them to contact him privately through his email or chat.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#172515 by Dotti Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:57 pm
Welcome baba/ErikJonas/cmorgan!

How's life there in Malaysia? Or is it supposed to be Scotland? Or Sweden? Or Abilene? It's rather challenging to keep track of all the places you are supposed to be or have been.

As for seeking forgiveness from God, Aspen2013 has nothing to be ashamed of, but you might want to take your own advice and pray that you will be forgiven for what you have done and continue to do.

If you would like to share any more of your scamming identities or addresses, please feel welcome to do so. You can also email me directly at the address in my signature.

ASPEN: Please do post the email this scammer sent you, and anything else you still have from him. Getting his script out there will help even more potential victims.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#172556 by Bryon Williams Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 am
@baba1111

Yes, you were in denial and confused thinking that Dotti would not figure you out as being the scammer himself.

You scammers will do the unthinkable things to salvage your scamming business to keep stealing from victims. You even bring GOD into it.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#172562 by Grunt Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:06 am
thanks, Dotti, for providing the additional email address
now we have additional pics :=)

Eric O Jonas
About
self employed at Civil Engineering
Lives in Abilene, Texas
From Åre, Sweden

#183101 by jenm0630 Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 pm
I believe my Grandma is a victim of a scammer using the same photo as ErikJonas. I was suspicious when she told me about her new online boyfriend so I started using reverse image searches on his photos when one of them hit on your site and this thread. I dont know what to do!
#183118 by AlanJones Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Hi jenm0630 and welcome to Scamwarners.

The first (and probably most difficult) think you have to do is convince your gran that she is a victim of a scmmer and needs to cut off all communication with him.

A starting point might be to tell her what you found about the pictures and show her this forum.

If that doesn't work, you could try searching phrases in his emails (particularly the earlier ones).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#183399 by Smith Jones Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 am
Hi Jenm, it is very hard to convince someone that they're being scammed. If the scam doesn't sound exactly like something here or elsewhere on the Internet, it can't be a scam, right? That's how I got tricked. If you can get your Grandma to come here and see the truth, it can help. Every scammer uses a variation on the theme. As you can see, they will even tell more lies to make sure you understand they're not a scammer.
Do your best to help her see, bring her here and she can ask questions, post documents, ask the experts. That's what I had to do to wake up. The one hard hint is she has to want to know. Just stay connected to her. I'm glad you came here to check it out.
#183726 by SthrnYnki Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:25 pm
He contacted me on Facebook as Lsaac Smith...couldn't even spell his name right! I accepted his friend request, then contacted the other women on his friends list and warned them about him. I knew right away that he was a scammer, even before running his pic through Google and finding him on this site. I know a lot of you will tell me I'm crazy, but, I have kept in contact with him...leading him on. I've done this before, but, I can't help it...I love the game. I will let him think that he has me, then, after putting him off for a few weeks when he asks for money, I will tell him that I have known from the beginning what he was doing and that I've been scamming him the whole time. We'll see how it goes. It's been almost a week, now and he has yet to ask for money.
#183744 by AlanJones Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 pm
SthrnYnki wrote:I have kept in contact with him...leading him on. I've done this before, but, I can't help it...I love the game. I will let him think that he has me, then, after putting him off for a few weeks when he asks for money,

What you are doing is known as scambaiting, which we do not recommend doing with your real life datails. If you want to know more bout scambaiting, please visit our sister site http://www.419eater.com where you can learn to do it safely.

SthrnYnki wrote:I will tell him that I have known from the beginning what he was doing and that I've been scamming him the whole time. We'll see how it goes. It's been almost a week, now and he has yet to ask for money.

Please don't alert him to the fact you've known he was a scammer all along, it will help him improve his methods and he may be successful with the next woman he tries with.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.