Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#168768 by ingcoby Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 pm
Beware of this new froud:
received this massage to bay a samsung galaxy s4

Hi,
All phones are 100% original from Samsung , Brand New , factory
unlocked , in sealed boxes , with all standard accessories included .
Each phone have 2(two) years international Samsung warranty . The
warranty is valid once you activate the phone.
You can use the phones with any sim card in any country. I have both
colors : black and white .
I can ship anywhere with UPS , DHL or FedEx with Air Express
services(24h to 48h delivery) with tracking number.
I have in stock more 20 phones.
Let me know how many phones do you want to buy so we can talk about payment . Thanks !

I asked about payment and they proposed:

The price for 1 x Samsung Galaxy s4 is 350Eur including all the shipping taxes.
The deal through Amazon Service is 100% safe for both parts because you do not want to pay first, and I do not want to lose time and money. Amazon is the independent third party (Amazon hold your money until receipt the product). This way, you will be able to inspect the product before committing to buy it, and I know that you have the money.
Look how we do business, as both to be protected and have a safe:
1. I will forward our transaction details to Amazon Service.
2. Amazon will contact you with the Payment Invoice and the Transaction Details.
3. You make the payment to Amazon Bank Account (bank-to-bank transfer) so i can be sure that you are Serious and Have the money. This is my guaranty.
4. Amazon confirm me that you made the payment. I won't be able to access the money.
5. As soon i have the Amazon confirmation that you made the transfer, i send you the package; Delivery time: 2-4 working days.
6. You receive the package and have 5 days to inspect and test the product.
7. After 5 days, if you accept the product, Amazon send the money to me.
8. After 5 days, if something does not convince you, if you decide to NOT keep the product for any reason (it is not what you expect); you return the package to me, and Amazon return you the money; In any case you decide not to continue with the deal you will receive the money back from Amazon.

So, You send the money to Amazon Security Center Bank Account; gets it and saves it for 10 days; Amazon confirm me that you have paid, I send you the product; You receive it, look it and see that everything is perfect and as you expect, so that you can see that it is not a scam; If everything is correct, you let know to Amazon to 'validate' the payment to me and everybody's happy; If something does not convince you (it is not what you expect, damaged, etc), let know to Amazon to not 'validating' the payment to me; You return the product to me, and Amazon return you the money.
I used Amazon method few days ago and everything was great, I was very pleased; because is very safe.
To inform Amazon about our transaction and to begin the shipping i need your personal details (name, address, city, postal code, country, phone number). As soon i have your details, Amazon will contact you directly with more details about me, about deal, about payment, invoice and transaction details.
Advertisement

#168769 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ingcoby.

Thank you for posting the scam script. Yes, it is 100% scam.

What email address and name did the scammer use with you?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#168771 by ingcoby Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:56 pm
than I received a mail from AMAZON PAYMENTS in a perfect invoice style:

Amazon Payments Invoice for Transaction #66777482900
Transaction #66777482900 from Amazon Payments, between Josh Burch, as the Seller, and Paolo Cobianchi , as the Buyer.
Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.

Transaction Details:

1 x Samsung Galaxy S IV - GT i9505 16GB Brand New Unlocked

Brand:Samsung GalaxyInspection Period:7 business days
Model:S IV 16GBPrice:Eur €350.00
Case ID:66777482900Shipping:Eur €0.00

Description: Brand new , factory unlocked, 100% original Samsung Galaxy S IV 16GB in sealed boxes. 2 Years international .
Seller:

Name:Josh Burch
Address: 161 Colinton Road
Edinburgh , EH14 1BE
United Kingdom

Payment Details:

Invoice # :66777482900

Due Date: JUN/08/2013
Sale price:Eur €350.00
Shipping costs:Eur €0.00

Total:Eur €350.00

Buyer:

Name:
Address:

How to make the payment

Transfer the funds to the designated account listed below.
Reply to this email to confirm that payment was sent.
Fax the bank transfer receipt to the following fax number:
International : 001 206-337-8217
USA : 206-337-8217

You have to send the money to our Amazon Representative.
WARNING: Do not send the money to the seller directly.
We can not guarantee the safety of your transaction if
the seller have the money before you get your items.

Amazon Representative Bank Account Details::

Account Owner :Amazon EU SARL
Bank Name :BARCLAYS BANK PLC
Bank Country :United Kingdom
Sort Code :20-29-77
IBAN :GB65 BARC 2029 7710 3662 69
SWIFTBIC :BARCGB22
Amount to be sent: Eur 350.00

Payment Instructions:
Payment must be submitted via bank-to-bank wire transfer to Amazon bank account. Amazon will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the item. Or, if it is the case, Amazon will refund the payment to the Buyer.

We will keep the payment until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received. As soon as we receive your confirmation we will make the payment to the seller. Until then the seller won't be able to access the money you sent and in any case you decide not to continue with the deal you will receive a full refund.

When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than 72 hours. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to start the delivery. Your funds will not be released to the Seller until you have received and approved the merchandise you are purchasing.
The Buyer receives the item and has 7 business days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the Buyer should accept the item. If he refuses the item, the Buyer must ship the item back to the Seller within 3-5 business days since the item was inspected.
After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact Amazon Support with the result of the inspection. If the Buyer refuses the item, the refund will be sent to the Buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the item is accepted, Amazon Financial Department submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days.
All the transaction, payment and personal information is considered confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
Our main and constant priority is the safety of our customers

Bank details noted - Michelle
#168802 by TerranceBoyce Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:26 am
I cannot conceive of any reason why one bank should have a particular problem with hosting the accounts of 'money mules' or fraudsters over another. Anyone who has been a victim I would recommend that they pursue the matter through the bank's complaints procedure and then on to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This has the effect of ensuring that the bank has to take action, even if the victim doesn't get their money back.Once the bank are put on notice about the fraudulent activity on the account, then they will be liable for any future losses, and when the banks themselves are liable to risk losing money, they are much more likely to take action.

I don't believe that my bank was any more sophisticated than other banks and there is a legal responsibility for banks to act over bank accounts suspected of involvement in criminal or even suspicious activity.

Certainly in my banking days we didn't want to host the accounts of fraudsters because of the risk and problems they would cause and their activities gave the bank a bad name. The last thing any bank should want is for their accounts to be mistrusted and treated as suspect because they'll attract fraudsters and lose honest customers. The problem is that any bank that is lax will quickly be overwhelmed by fraudsters and lose control of the situation. There is no way that such a situation would benefit a bank.

It is your right to make a formal complaint and raise the matter with the FOS and it does at least ensure that the bank is taking the matter seriously and taking appropriate action.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#168862 by ingcoby Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 pm
the strange thing is that I ask information to this person throught ebay

[email protected]

then I received a mail from

josh burch ([email protected])
that proposed the deal

and than They used this mail to send the transaction details:
Amazon ([email protected])
Hope will be usefull for someone to avoid this scam
#168863 by ingcoby Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:22 pm
If I contact the bank is there any possibility to have the money back or at list they plock the count?
#168866 by TerranceBoyce Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:09 pm
You are quite within your rights to raise the matter as a formal complaint with the bank and then to take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Your chances of success are small, but raising it as a formal complaint does make it more likely that the bank has to at least report the account, otherwise it risks prosecution and reimbursing the losses of any subsequent victims.

Banks also don't like to get involved in long protracted complaints, especially if they end up going to the FOS. The basis of the argument is that banks, Action Fraud and CIFAS have all stated in writing that 'money launderers' will be made to repay the victims, and banks are required by law to report and take action against bank accounts when they have been alerted to them being used for the purpose of fraud.

It depends whether or not you have the ability, patience and stamina to take on bureaucracy. For me it's a past time I relish.

I have nothing against any particular bank and my view is the same no matter which one may be involved.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle