Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#169632 by alliokay Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:13 pm
This is an email I received from a job posting. I have gotten similar responses before, specifically that Mark Daniels one...

Congratulations Allison
Your resume was received, carefully reviewed and certified. You now have a job with me.
READ DETAILS BELOW :
Am Moses Rivera, i own a new marketing company in Florida which is basically doing more of online (internet) marketing for now.
I intend to enlarge my company to Los Angeles next 2 weeks, so i'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well and with good understanding.
Being selected for the job only means you are guaranteed to work with me for 2 weeks which will be paid $17/hour, am going to use the 2 weeks to test you on how fast, trustworthy and efficient you can work. You are going to work at home for the 2 weeks duration and i ll supply you with transport allowance anytime you have a run an errand for me outside home. All you need for the next 2 weeks is a computer, mobile phone and internet.
If you pass the 2 weeks test and am satisfied with your work, then we ll sign the contract/all necessary documents and you can start work on a full/part time basis afterwards which pay ll be increased as time goes on, and you ll report to the office which would be situated near you.
Working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.
As my Assistant, your activities among other things will include;
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.
Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..

Basic wage is $17 per hour (Monday to Friday), up to 40hrs available or depending on hours work of your choice, and i ll pay an extra $100 on any Saturday you run errands for me.

Send me an email ( [email protected]) to let me know if you have agreed with the terms of these job and willing to start now so i can proceed in telling you what errands i have scheduled for you to start with. Also let me know your current work status ,your preferred days and hours you ll like to work for.
N.B.. Wages ll be paid to you every Friday via western union/MoneyGram/Direct Deposit or Paypal.
Text me on (904) 438-8027 (SMS ONLY) or email me if you need anything.
I await your response.
Moses Rivera

Also, I googled that phone number and I found this on a Philly Jobs page

Admin Assistant (Philadelphia)
Posted on: 05/25/2012

City : Philadelphia
Phone : (904) 438-8027

The main duties of the assistant are:
- Preparing quotes, invoices, and other forms whenever needed
- Managing schedules for meetings
- Communicating with clients via phone calls or e-mails
- Handling any additional administrative tasks
- filing, scanning, checking emails,admin work
- posting new properties on our website Technical Skills:
- MS Outlook
- MS Excel Individual must be available to start as soon as possible. A photo is helpful but is not required Do not attach your resume-please cut and paste it to the body of the email for more info: (904) 438-8027 (Text messages only)Location: PhiladelphiaCompensation: $15.00 per hourThis is a part-time job.OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilitiesPrincipals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.Please, no phone calls about this job!Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Also, the same phone number came up under various online romance scams.

pictures are stolen from myspace of John M.:
http://www.myspace.com/zavyn

johnyrivera on connectingsingles

johnyrivera
lonely heart
I am a:
52 yr-old man seeking women, 31-60
online today!
Height:
5' 11" (180 cm)
Body Type:
Toned & Firm
Ethnicity:
White/Caucasian
Religion:
Christian/Other
Marital Status:
Widowed
Has Kids:
Yes, and they are far away
Wants Kids:
No, but welcome yours
I work as a manager for Addison Transportation

About me:
Am young, calm, patient, caring, generous and good sense of humor. Am Aquarius so i like basically water stuffs,i like seafoods,like swimming,going to the beach and having fun generally. I like treating people the same way i want to be treated.
I’m looking for:
Am looking for someone for a serious relationship which ll possibly lead to marriage. Someone to spend eternity together happily,i believe in the beauty of the inside so i really dont care if my lover is short,fat,slim or tall,dont care about her hair color,eyes or physical attractions. I like a woman who's completely HONEST,caring,nice and understanding. A woman who ll love me for who i am and ll always do all she could to make me happy at all times.

junkmail:
Hi,am John and i just joined this dating site. I got attracted to your profile so i thought i should email you to let you know that. Please feel free to check my profile and see if am your kind of man.Hope to hear from you soon.
You can also text me on 904-438-8027
John

Thanks for your response,i really dont get on here often as well and since you said you arent comfortable with text messages,am cool with emailing as well. My email address is [email protected]. Hope to hear from you again soon. Take good care of yourself and make sure to smile always beautiful. **winks.
John

With the same email and pic on FB, but different name:
http://www.facebook.com/john.aston.7161
John Aston

This is what the ad looks like. It's still up http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/of ... 79753.html

Our company is looking for smart, fun & dynamic people to join our growing team. We know that to remain competitive, we have to offer a rewarding work experience, competitive compensation and benefits. For the past 15 years we have cared about our employees and our professional growth.

We are a leading advertising company that works in a variety of locations working with the public with a broad range of clients- mostly focusing on non-profits.

We are on the search for professional individuals with outgoing personalities, an appreciation for team work and fresh perspectives and ideas.

We Offer:

Student Scholarship Incentives
Hourly Wage
Weekly Pay
Travel Opportunities
Paid Training
Medical Benefits and Dental Benefits

Email your cv asap.
Compensation: 17$/hr - 20-40hrs weekly
This is a part-time job.
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Advertisement

#169641 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 pm
The phone number says Jacksonville, Florida, but the writing says West Africa. There's no way he can be in LAX, JAX, Philly, and Africa at the same time — unless he's a scammer. :laugh-s:

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10