Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#43366 by Bubbles Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:14 am
Welcome to ScamWarners 3manifold. Thank you for posting this additional information up. The contact you have encountered may be a totally different scammer using the same script.

You are correct, it is a scam. You would be what is termed a "check mule" if you took the "job". Scammers use people looking for work to send checks out to other victims, so the checks come from some place other than where the scammer is located.

People who fall for this scam are unwitting accomplices to the scam. Some check mules have even been prosecuted for their involvement in the scam because they are in the country the victim is in and law enforcement can get to them.

Hopefully your post will be found by potential victims and help them to have a happy scam free New Year! :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
Advertisement

#48773 by Bubbles Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:18 am
Yes, sadly TheArtist scams keep going and going and taking and taking. We warn, support and educate so the cycle will change some. Thank you for posting this name. Do you have the email address and or script that is being used?

Thank you for being part of ScamWarners.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#170542 by Ashley.h Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:31 pm
Its very unfortunate circumstances that we all must meet. I as well was/am a victim of the [email protected] scam. I worked for him/her for about 2 1/2 months. I was paid a a few times not always on time. It was 500 every two weeks. Im finding this site while he owes me $570 as we speak.

He used emails under a shannon alexander. [email protected]

He used a debra lefler a few times to send me money through western union or moneygram. I found the ad on sittercity.com Not a bad site he was just a scam. I have done interviews with people from the site very good site.

I was in a financial bind and i ignored some of the warning signs. Some unexpected things happened and I needed cash it seemed pretty straight forward. I hope no one else falls for it and always follow your first mind and research first. Hope I could help.
#170548 by Ashley.h Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:27 pm
I would also like to add, what is he getting out of this. I never gave money and was actually paid several times. He also never asked for money, bank info or anything that may trip me up so to speak. I wonder how is he getting paid. Has anyone else gotten any money from him or did he ever ask you for money?

I also never got to the point of actually making the checks I was just in charge of shipping them out. I would print out labels and checks and ship them daily via fedex or ups. On rare occasions usps.
#170552 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:20 pm
Hello Ashley.h and welcome to Scamwarners,

The scammer was operating a fake check scam. The checks you were printing were from a real victim. The scammer and you used information from a hacked/stolen Bank Account to produce checks. All the material you used to produce the checks was bought with a stolen credit card. The UPS, Fed Ex and USPS accounts that you were over night shipping came from stolen account.

The money you received came from other victims. The person that sent you the money is a part of his mule system. That person may or may not know this is a scam. They were probably recruited in a job scam as a Payroll Processor or Personal Assistant. This person was receiving stolen money from victims. They then would forward money to the scammer and you.

This is the bad part. Only you and the person that was sending you the money will be caught by Law Enforcement. The scammer is using a fake identity, free email address and his IP probably comes from an Internet Café. The police in his country will easily accept bribes to look the other way. Our Law Enforcement stops at our boarders.

What do I do now?
Be proactive. Contact your local Police and the Postal Inspector. Give them your check printing materials, stamps for signatures and all the account information you have on banks and shipping companies. Print out your emails and show them you were scammed. Tell them about the person sending you money and how they are sending the money.

Lastly, stop contacting the scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#171463 by Ashley.h Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:21 pm
Well I have diffidently stopped contacting him. My name was never anywhere on the checks on the labels so on and so forth. Other than being sent money via money gram or western union and emails he sent I wasn't in control or had access to anything. I still have all emails and all materials that i was sent. Unfortunately I don't have the time to pursue authorities on this matter. I am incredibly busy and focused on moving past this set back. I hope he is caught and apologize on my behalf for anyone that was scammed or inconvenienced through or because of me. Im just glad i realized it for what it is and was. Glad this website is here it confirmed my suspicions.
#171471 by Dotti Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10 pm
Unfortunately I don't have the time to pursue authorities on this matter.

You may soon find yourself with plenty of time if you ignore this.

You have been part of a criminal conspiracy. You can be arrested and charged. You can end up in jail.

The fact that you shipped these checks, out but the labels don't have your name on them suggests that you chose to hide your identity, which can be interpreted as an indicator of guilt.

You can take your chances and hope that none of the victims to whom you sent fake checks push for an investigation, or you can be proactive just in case they do.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.