Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#124417 by brian2012 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 am
Email addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]

The guy identified himself as Brian Harrison, 51 yrs. Here's the list of emails from him.

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. Am offering this position for the
post of CSR / Personal Assistant. I am Mr Brian Harison, 51 yrs of
age., I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get
involved in; from the International business/corporate
immigration,International investment immigration and family
immigration to United State also various welfare and community service
programs. i most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative
for me to have a
worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my
activities. This position is home-based and flexible, working with me
is basically about instructions and following them.

As my Customer service representative / personal assistant,your
activities among others will include Creating and modifying of
documents ,Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Handling and
monitoring some of my financial activities.

Interested Applicant must have a Good planning, communication and
organization skills, you muxt be honest, reliable & dependable and
have a strong problem solving skills, also you should have Experience
working with the internet and ability to multi-task and self
manage/24/7 mindset. Note , you can be in any location to fill in to
this position also If you can manage your time properly,this job may
even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. I
really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident
you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have
avrelatively sound working relationship between us.

I'm online most of the time so I prefer we contact each other
through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to
do that.

If you are interested in working as my personal assistant Please get
back to me with as soon as possible.

These is to acknowledged that your message has been
received.its great to see that you are interested in working with me
as i would be glad to employ you as my new Personal Assistant. As you
know this is a part-time job for now , If you have any other job at
the moment, you can still keep to your job.You will start work this
week ,I will keep you informed as soon as i make the list of what you
have to do for me this week and email them to you, but the first on
the list is the payroll dispatching , i work as an intermediary
between different bodies and their clients cutting and dispatching of
checks billed to their clients and co workers so you would be in
charge of the payroll distribution and for you to do this you would be
needing a working perfect computer with reliable internet source and a
good printer .Preprinted checks and usps shipment labels would be
sent to a business email set up for you and you would be required to
print the checks package them inside a shipping envelopes and affix
each labels on each envelopes that has the checks and you drop them
off in the drop box around you.This job pays $300 weekly and they

Please Ensure you check your emails daily so you can keep in contact
with me because i will be communicating with you mostly through
email,it nice having you on board as my Customer service
representative while am away ,i hope to meet you in person very soon.
It is highly important to confirm the receipt of this message

Please add me up on yahoo messenger on [email protected] and also
get back to me with the following details to fill you in for the
position

Full legal Name :
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:

Await your response asap...

Contact person

My response to him after the last phony email:

Mr. Harrisson,

You took the words right out of my mouth. Please email me the following information:

Full Legal Name:
Addressess (what bridges you live under, etc,
Brand of toilet paper you currently use:
Psychiatric doctor that you have been seeing:
Closest mental facility to your home:
Names of people who previously adopted you:
Diseases you will be contracting in the future:
Location where you last saw your mind:
Warrants out for your arrest:

and any other information so that I can call Mickey Mouse at Disneyland to see if he could schedule a day to meet with both of us at the Wonderland Castle to discuss this wonderful job opportunity.

Get a Life! I will be forwarding this information to the Department of Justice so that they can track your email down. Stop preying on innocent people. Karma will catch up to you soon
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
Advertisement

#125307 by janethv Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:10 pm
I got a similar e-mail but from a person named Tina P Hernandez

Hello Applicant,

Your resume/email was received and has been reviewed. I appreciate your effort and have decided to give this a “go.”

Detailed Job Description:

I am looking for a trustworthy and reliable individual who works well and understands orders. My name is Tina P. Hernandez from CA. I am 49 years old, married with 3 wonderful children. I am into Finance, which tends to be my main source of income.

I have been a financial planner for over 20 years now and am also a private research journalist. I travel often within and outside of the United States working on various independent projects. This is why I need someone who can help keep me up to date with all of my activities, especially while I am away and amidst my busy schedule. My previous personal assistant is currently unavailable for health reasons and I am keen on finding an efficient, motivated, organized individual who can communicate well and is able to multi-task under pressure.

This position is home-based and flexible as tasks will be carried out basically in your area, Working for me is a test of following instructions. My only fear is that I may need you at impromptu times, so I need someone who is able to meet up with me at irregular times. As my Personal Assistant, your activities amongst others will include:

· Creating orders, pick slips, invoices, and credit memos
· Running personal errands
· Scheduling programs, flights, and meetings and keeping me up to date with them
· Acting as an alternative phone correspondent while I am away
· Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf
· Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities
· Basic wage is $520 weekly

I am sure you understand how busy my schedule is on a daily basis. Currently, I am in Europe meeting with partners. I will be back in three weeks to arrange a formal interview with you. I think you are the right person for this position. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It is a part-time job, and some weeks you will be busier than others, though pay stays constant. Like I said, I think you are the right person for this job, and think we should get a head start this week. I have a lot of work piled up that I will need help catching up on immediately. I would like to use this coming week to test your efficiency and diligence, and to work your schedule around mine. I am hard of hearing and usually stay in touch through email, but if you would like me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you responded to my ad in such a timely manner and look forward to working with you and promise to be a good boss.

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head START with things as soon as possible.I do have lots of works piled up presently and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.. I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails,but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that through Relay Call. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week and week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home, I do that every month.

A payment inform of a USPS Money Order/Certified Check will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some lists to email you once you received the funds,You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the Orphanage at any nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as

First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City, State and Zip Code:
Home & Cell Phone(s):
Occupation (if any):
Sex:
Martial Status:

The employee, acknowledged the detailed job description and signed below.

Once you respond and I receive your contact information, I can send you information about the orphanage and we can begin. I look forward to working with you.

Warm Regards,

Tina P. Hernandez.
#125754 by Redcocopuffs Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:03 pm
So annoying and frustrating, especially when the person really needs a job

Dear Applicant,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the post you applied for has been taken but I have a position which may interest you. 

I need a personal assistant and I will deeply appreciate all effort to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I often get my hands occupied since I work with many companies within and outside states, so it is very important for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities. As my assistant your task will include: making travel arrangements, running personal errands, check processing, filing documents, quality communication etiquette skills, good organizational skills, good sense of humor required and ability to handle highly sensitive and classified information perform duties with accuracy and quality.

Compensation: $750 weekly.

My name is Mrs . Daphne Lau ; I am a Realtor also Financial Advisor at MSJRealty.com.

Specialties

Professional Realty and Financial planning services for families that wish to secure quality property in top performing school districts.
We assist with corporate relocation's.
Professional Realty and Risk Management services for businesses that wish to establish a base in Silicon Valley.

I travel allot, Am currently in United Arab Emirates for some property Inspection to be back in the states in few weeks. So I need assistant to handle affairs for me on the home front when I am away on business which is usually quite often. This position is home-based and flexible you can be in any location, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. I need someone who can be able to reply to emails in a timely manner.

- To Apply

Kindly fill in the needed information below

Full Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Residential Phone Number:
Present Job:
Mobile Phone:

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting upon my arrival. I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a good start to our working relationship.

Note: This position is home base office work you can be in any location and work with me from your home and does not require you traveling out of town .
 Hope to hear from you again.
Sincerely,
Daphne Lau
[email protected] 
#127247 by Richly Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am
I just received this interesting email:
Personal Assistant Needed Urgently?

Sent: Mon 10/01/12 9:10 AM

Work as my personal assistant and earn $500 weekly.
If you are interested reply to this email for further details.

David Bliss

(This is not a Craigslist posting, this person is just sending out junk mail and/or working a fishing list)

BEWARE -
THEY WILL GET YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFO AND YOU MONEY IF YOU ANSWER ALL THEIR QUESTIONS!!
#129476 by shantwanhumphrey Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 am
INTRODUCTION :

My name is Joseph Bershad , I am Vice President, Research and Development of (Keystone Foods LLC).
ABOUT KEYSTONE FOODS.

Keystone Foods is headquartered in Pennsylvania and has more than 50 operational facilities in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Since joining Marfrig Group in 2010, Keystone Foods now provides customers with expanded operating and distribution synergies that include Marfrig Group’s 93 plants and offices in South America, North America, Asia, Africa and Europe. Together, we offer our customers complete vertical integration along a diversified value chain.

A Company whose mission is to be a focused on the needs of our customers – and their customers. We strive for excellence in proteins processing, distribution, logistics and supply-chain services, and research and development. Keystone Foods is a supplier partner that goes beyond routine performance, developing custom programs and innovative solutions to satisfy our customers’ specific demands. Keystone Foods is dedicated to delivering products, processes and information solutions that go beyond our customers’ expectations. We’ve set industry benchmarks for food quality, safety and cost competitiveness, and with our world-class safety, corporate social responsibility, animal welfare and community relations programs, no food company is better positioned to protect the world’s leading consumer brands.

I got your reply, I did appreciate it, thanks for applying for the post. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills, and i have no doubt that you will perform as expected, Hence You are being recruited as my Personal Assistant !

** This position is home-based for now, and flexible while we relocate to our permanent office, Working with me is basically about instructions and following them. Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to: directly assisting me in all personal matters; maintaining company/Personal records, basic book-keeping, data entry.

** Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring! Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.

Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
* Basic wage is $500 Weekly. (Not Negotiable)

KEYSTONE'S CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Building on Keystone's legacy of commitment to consumers, community and children, we provide high-quality Keystone products while conducting our business in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner. As part of the social and humanitarian obligation to the community, the company recently embarked upon a computer literacy program aimed at educating the kids at Foster home, the basic computer skills. It is my duty to ensure that such obligation is met.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point, meanwhile, the company distributed few computers to the missionary home (Foster care) in Canada. we got information that the computers all malfunctioned so i had to go there to supervise, hence, I am presently in Canada. I will be here for now till am through with them. It is my intention to task you with basic chores/duties while i am away.

Recall that this position is often not office based because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, its flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. Your Weekly wage of 500 dollars is fixed, and not negotiable. I require a convenient, one-stop service to accomplish my personal and business tasks.

I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually, as i have lots of works piled up presently and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. Permit me to use the coming days to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I have no reservation that you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship ! I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good Boss, and not a demanding one. I require total discretion, honesty, and loyalty from you. I will arrange for a personal one-on-one meeting with you on my arrival. Be prepared to meet with me.

However, in line with the monthly Humanitarian obligation of the company which is central to visiting Canada, the company is donating gifts and several other items to the kids at the Foster home, while i am away, you will be handling this responsibility/duty on my behalf, and in my absence ! This is going to be your first assignment, Let me put you to test!

As for the gifts, and items to be bought for the kids, i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds, rather, the accountant will issue you a 'Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment.

DO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING BELOW DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.

PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
Full Name:
Full Street Address(No PO Box allowed):
City, State & Zip Code:
Home & Cell Phone:
Age (must be older than 18 years):
Occupation(If any):
Email Address:_________________
Present Work/Position:________________ _
What date are you available to start work?

Upon receipt of the above details, you may become considered for the Position, as this will enable me outline further task and duties as well as obligations for coming days. Your Appointment takes effect from the first day you receive assignment funding via Certified Check.

INTRODUCTION :

My name is Joseph Bershad , I am Vice President, Research and Development of (Keystone Foods LLC).
ABOUT KEYSTONE FOODS.

Keystone Foods is headquartered in Pennsylvania and has more than 50 operational facilities in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Since joining Marfrig Group in 2010, Keystone Foods now provides customers with expanded operating and distribution synergies that include Marfrig Group’s 93 plants and offices in South America, North America, Asia, Africa and Europe. Together, we offer our customers complete vertical integration along a diversified value chain.

A Company whose mission is to be a focused on the needs of our customers – and their customers. We strive for excellence in proteins processing, distribution, logistics and supply-chain services, and research and development. Keystone Foods is a supplier partner that goes beyond routine performance, developing custom programs and innovative solutions to satisfy our customers’ specific demands. Keystone Foods is dedicated to delivering products, processes and information solutions that go beyond our customers’ expectations. We’ve set industry benchmarks for food quality, safety and cost competitiveness, and with our world-class safety, corporate social responsibility, animal welfare and community relations programs, no food company is better positioned to protect the world’s leading consumer brands.

I got your reply, I did appreciate it, thanks for applying for the post. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills, and i have no doubt that you will perform as expected, Hence You are being recruited as my Personal Assistant !

** This position is home-based for now, and flexible while we relocate to our permanent office, Working with me is basically about instructions and following them. Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to: directly assisting me in all personal matters; maintaining company/Personal records, basic book-keeping, data entry.

** Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring! Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.

Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
* Basic wage is $500 Weekly. (Not Negotiable)

KEYSTONE'S CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Building on Keystone's legacy of commitment to consumers, community and children, we provide high-quality Keystone products while conducting our business in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner. As part of the social and humanitarian obligation to the community, the company recently embarked upon a computer literacy program aimed at educating the kids at Foster home, the basic computer skills. It is my duty to ensure that such obligation is met.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point, meanwhile, the company distributed few computers to the missionary home (Foster care) in Canada. we got information that the computers all malfunctioned so i had to go there to supervise, hence, I am presently in Canada. I will be here for now till am through with them. It is my intention to task you with basic chores/duties while i am away.

Recall that this position is often not office based because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, its flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. Your Weekly wage of 500 dollars is fixed, and not negotiable. I require a convenient, one-stop service to accomplish my personal and business tasks.

I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually, as i have lots of works piled up presently and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. Permit me to use the coming days to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I have no reservation that you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship ! I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good Boss, and not a demanding one. I require total discretion, honesty, and loyalty from you. I will arrange for a personal one-on-one meeting with you on my arrival. Be prepared to meet with me.

However, in line with the monthly Humanitarian obligation of the company which is central to visiting Canada, the company is donating gifts and several other items to the kids at the Foster home, while i am away, you will be handling this responsibility/duty on my behalf, and in my absence ! This is going to be your first assignment, Let me put you to test!

As for the gifts, and items to be bought for the kids, i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds, rather, the accountant will issue you a 'Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment.

DO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING BELOW DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.

PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
Full Name:
Full Street Address(No PO Box allowed):
City, State & Zip Code:
Home & Cell Phone:
Age (must be older than 18 years):
Occupation(If any):
Email Address:_________________
Present Work/Position:________________ _
What date are you available to start work?

Upon receipt of the above details, you may become considered for the Position, as this will enable me outline further task and duties as well as obligations for coming days. Your Appointment takes effect from the first day you receive assignment funding via Certified Check.

Thank you once again for gracing this application.
Regards
Joseph S. Bershad
Vice President, Research and Development
Thank you once again for gracing this application.
Regards
Joseph S. Bershad

Here is a phone number a text message was sent to me: 914-380-4619
Two different email addresses was given:
josephsantoro@yahoo
[email protected]
When I called the number a voice recording asked me to state my name then I was directed to another voice recording which told me to leave a message and a call would be returned to me.
#129478 by shantwanhumphrey Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am
How are you doing ? Am Glad to Inform you that a payment has been sent to you which is your First Assignment and will be deliver via FedEx tomorrow. Below is the transaction Details:

Check Amount : $4,850.00

The Package contains a check wort of $4,850.00 once you receive the Check, take it to your bank and have it deposited it will clear under 24 hours.
However, I am donating it to the orphans. I contacted the orphanage homes, and I was given the list of the items to be bought, the items are much and will cost a lot to get them shipped, so we have reached an accord, They will be getting the items themselves.
Once the Check clears, you are to deduct $500 for first week and $100 for GAS and send the remaining Money through Western union Money Transfer to the information Below.

Below are the Western union information to send the Money.

Receivers Information :
----------------------------------
Receiver's Name: Richard Johnson
Receiver's Address : 357 R. Duterte St,
Receiver's City & State : Dakbayan sa Sugbu
Receiver's Zip Code: 6000
Receiver's Country : Philippines

The Western union charges are to be deducted from our funds, When the Money has been transferred Let me have the information's Below:

1. MTCN (for the two transfers):
2. Amount Sent:
3. Amount Charged By Western union :
4. Your Full Name and address as on the Western union Slip:

However, I will have your weekly salary sent to you before next week runs out.
I will be waiting to read back from you ASAP today and i also have some other assignment for you to do by next week.
I want you to be rest assured that I'll never stress you at all in any assignment given to you and i promise to pay your fees weekly as we both agreed.

NB : You're to make sure the remaining funds most be splited into two and send them in two different transfer .Please feel free to ask questions if you're not clear.

Take good care of yourself and have a blessed day.

Yours Sincerely,
Joseph S. Bershad
Keystone Foods
#130814 by wemustovercome Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:31 pm
My wife's identity is being used by these scammers in this Admin Assistant job scam. This is what I have posted on our legitimate website, on the landing page:

http://www.MSJRealty.com
http://www.BayEstateHomes.com

If you are here to explore my Real Estate Services in the Bay Area, my Team & I welcome the opportunity to help you & your family.
Please continue to the "Sold Listings" tab on the left to see how many families we have helped to own homes in the Bay Area!

ALERT ALERT ALERT

If you arrive at this page to investigate whether an offered Administrative Assistant job is real, know that there is no such job.
Please be aware that my identity is being impersonated by scammers on the web.
The job ploy is part of a scam that is widely used by internet scammers.
They are maliciously using my name (Daphne Lau), referring to my legitimate web domains (MSJRealty.com & BayEstateHomes.com), and using fraudulent email addresses in their scam.
Know that BaysEstateHomes.com is a fraudulent domain newly registered by the scammers. That domain is illegitimate. We are working with authorities to close it down.

We are NOT hiring anybody.

Please do not call me nor email me on this scam since we have been deluged with people from across the country.

More background information on these scams can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3942&start=45

Daphne Lau

WeMustOvercome
Bay Area CA
USA
#132171 by dlr Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:36 am
Received an email back for a position applied for Medical Front Office on Craigslist. I knew right away it was a scam email. No employer would contact you in the following way, plus it had nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Most employers will contact you over the phone and request an interview. Anyone who asks for information you've already provided to them is a scam. Putting this out there so others can be aware of this scammer.

EMail comes from Anthony Baldwin [email protected]

Hello,

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very
well with good understanding as my Personal Assistant.This position I
a am offering is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically
about instructions and following them, my only fear is that i may come
at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet
up with my irregular timings. As my Personal Assistant, your
activities among-st other things will include:

Duties and Requirements:

*Scheduling programmer's, flights and keeping me up-to-date with them.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
*Processing weekly check payment.
*Filing, Faxing, Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents,
some personal assistant duties for owners, and many other
*Managing expenses and invoices

Basic wage is $600 Weekly

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this
point. Please note that this position is not office based for now
because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time
work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be
busier weeks than others. I would like to give you an immediate trial,
so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been
checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run
some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have
some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to
you with more information on that, get back to me with your
Personal/Contact Details such as:

FULL NAMES:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#:
SEX:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PRESENT JOB:

Nationality: ___________________________
Current Job: ____________________________
Are you eligible to work in the United States? Yes ____ No_____
If you are underage 18, do you have an employment/age certificate? Yes
___ No ___
How often do you check your email: ______________
Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from _______ to ______
What date are you available to start work? ________________

If you're interested you can e-mail me back for more information about the job.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Yours Sincerely,
Anthony.
#170379 by Diadra358 Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm
I applied for a Front office position on Craigslist. This is the response I received:

Hello,

I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Craigslist in which you're interested in,your application was received, unfortunately the position already been filled, but there's another position to be filled, if you will be interested.
I have gone through your Resume/email and am quite impressed, i think you are the right person for this job. I have had a previous Personal assistant who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her previously on the Craigslist website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been. I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I will return back to the state real soon so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be a Personal Assistant,you will walk in to any warehouse which we will be disclosed to you soon and you would be expected to inspect,test, sample, and sorting of products or Golfview Pl Apt B goods being Purchased. The Purchased products can include a large range of items, including food, Art-Materials, machinery, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Depending the type of manufacturing environment, When you get my mails / packages; you are required to mail them to where ever i want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All expenses and taxes will be paid by me including your weekly salaries.
No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Art Materials and clothing sorting out my delivers and packages. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.You will be working 3 days in a week and you're to choose any 3 days of the week from Monday to Saturday that will be preferable to you and you will be working 4hrs in these 3 days and that will be from 9am-1pm and we will be offering you $400.00 per week.

Type: Part-Time
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Days: 3 days per week
Weekly Pay: $400.00

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)

If you're interested kindly get back to me with the following information:-

Full Name:...
Full Address:...
Apartment number.......
City:...
State:...
Zip Code:...
Sex:...
Phone Number:..
Email..........

I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed on the next step forward.
Regards.

Thank you!
NB:You can give me a call on my US number which is roam to australia

Tel. 307 529 1059

Fortunately I had the good sense to look on here prior to sending him my information. Excluding my age and sex, the information requested is on my resume that I already sent...what an idiot.
#170970 by JenLa73 Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:24 pm
I wish I had read all this sooner. I responded to an ad with my resume for a personal assistant. Thank goodness I listened to my instincts and kept most personal information off the resume. Here is what I recieved in an email.

Hello,
I am writing in response to your interest on my Craigslist post . You will work from home for only 3 hour per day for a basic wages of $600 per week.You need to go through my introductory message:

I am Ryan Dunston a Successful Entrepreneur, investor and a research journalist .I travel a lot, within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need an PERSONAL ASSISTANT, to keep up with all of my activities especially when i travel abroad.Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access. You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage.Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official packages will be delivered via posts. You will be actively involved in my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities as my assistant amongst other things will include;

* A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping
me up to date with them as they come up;
* Carrying out specific projects and research;
* Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
* Handling and monitoring financial activities.
* Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.
* General clerical activities.

Basic wage is $600 a week. Any extra personal expenses (transport,gas, etc) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working Month.This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact number of hours you will be doing,just bear it in mind that there will be busier weeks than others with a steady pay. Working with me is basically about instructions and following them . There is also a very sensitive issue on trust, dedication and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I am currently in Asia, for business .However, I do have a number of work you can get done, prior to my arrival.Due to the excessive number of responses to my Ad, do provide the following details about yourself for my personal record update and to filter applicant s;

Your Full Name:
Street Address:
Apartment Number:
City: State:
Zip Code:
Cell/Home phone number:
Email:

I hope you can be available for me immediately before I arrive, it certainly can act as a stable foundation to our impending working relationship.
Best Regard,
Ryan Dunston
#170997 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:30 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners JenLa73,

Thank you for posting the script the scammer used. Please post the email address the scammer used. This will help others avoid him if they search by address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#174476 by djnorm5 Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 am
My niece got a similar email and then accidently resent her resume...she then got a follow up email and a few days later received a cashiers check in the mail with some instructions to deduct her weekly wage and send the rest to the Philippines after which she would be receiving some art supplies....what exactly is the scam?? I keep finding this posted on scam sites but not what the actual scam is. Any help would be appreciated. Oh also the phone number attached to her email was different.

Diadra358 wrote:I applied for a Front office position on Craigslist. This is the response I received:

Hello,

I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Craigslist in which you're interested in,your application was received, unfortunately the position already been filled, but there's another position to be filled, if you will be interested.
I have gone through your Resume/email and am quite impressed, i think you are the right person for this job. I have had a previous Personal assistant who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her previously on the Craigslist website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been. I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I will return back to the state real soon so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be a Personal Assistant,you will walk in to any warehouse which we will be disclosed to you soon and you would be expected to inspect,test, sample, and sorting of products or Golfview Pl Apt B goods being Purchased. The Purchased products can include a large range of items, including food, Art-Materials, machinery, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Depending the type of manufacturing environment, When you get my mails / packages; you are required to mail them to where ever i want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All expenses and taxes will be paid by me including your weekly salaries.
No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Art Materials and clothing sorting out my delivers and packages. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.You will be working 3 days in a week and you're to choose any 3 days of the week from Monday to Saturday that will be preferable to you and you will be working 4hrs in these 3 days and that will be from 9am-1pm and we will be offering you $400.00 per week.

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)

Apartment number.......
Email..........

I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed on the next step forward.
Regards.

Thank you!
NB:You can give me a call on my US number which is roam to australia

Tel. 307 529 1059

Fortunately I had the good sense to look on here prior to sending him my information. Excluding my age and sex, the information requested is on my resume that I already sent...what an idiot.
#174477 by vonpaso xlura Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 am
The check is a fake printed by another victim, who thinks he has a job printing checks. The scammer gets a hold of a bank account number and hires someone to print checks on it. He then sends them to the money mule, who keeps a small part of it and sends the rest to the scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#175039 by asl Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am
I have received exactly the same email, word by word...
The person who send me the respond is Alan Benjamin <[email protected]>

hello,

JOB DESCRIPTION

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)

Apartment number.......
Email..........

Regards.