Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#16994 by Breakwind Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:51 am
From =?iso-8859-1?q?daramy=20allan?= Fri Nov 20 10:45:27 2009
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.160; Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:52:09 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 87.248.114.63
X-YMailISG: <snip>
X-Originating-IP: [87.248.114.63]
Authentication-Results: mta1067.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=permerror (no key); from=btinternet.com; dkim=permerror (no key)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO web87011.mail.ird.yahoo.com) (87.248.114.63) by mta1067.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:52:08 -0800
Received: (qmail 90806 invoked by uid 60001); 20 Nov 2009 10:45:27 -0000
DKIM-Signature: <snip>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Received: from [85.31.94.47] by web87011.mail.ird.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:45:27 GMT
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:45:27 +0000 (GMT)
=?iso-8859-1?q?daramy=20allan?= <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: URGENT FUND CLAIM WITH TOP SECRET.
To: <snip>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-226411209-1258713927=:86328"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Length: 5623

I have a new email address!
You can now email me at: [email protected]

- Dear Sir/Madam,I am Chief Allan K. Daramy, Bank Manager of Zenith Bank, Lagos,Nigeria.I have urgent and very confidential business proposal for you.On June 6, 1999,a Foreign Oil consultant/contractor with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Kari Johnson made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$66,500,000.00, (Sixty-six Million, five hundred thousand Dollars) in my branch.Upon maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Kari Johnson died from an Automobile accident. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Kari Johnson did not Declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. No one will ever come forward to claim it.According to Nigerian Law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Nigerian Government if nobody applies to claim the fund. Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a Foreigner to stand in as next of kin to late Mr. Kari Johnson. I am writing you because I as a public servant cannot operate a foreign account or have an account more than $1 Million.All these are to make sure that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials. This is simple. I will like you to provide me immediately your full names and address telephone and fax numbers and bank account details were the funds would be transferred into. For you to be more comfortable with this project please open a new account for I am not out to defraud your account.The money will be moved out for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you. If you are interested, please reply back to me with this email, [email protected], I assure you that it is risk free Please observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country. (Buying of properties like houses, hotels etc).Best regards, Mr. Allan K. Daramy
Advertisement

#17194 by The Enchantress Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:32 am
BRIEF SUMMARY OF THIS TYPE OF SCAM

The money does not exist.

This scammer is certainly not a "bank chief/manager" and is only interested in his potential victim paying him fees by untraceable money transfer (Western Union or MoneyGram) for "fake lawyer/barrister assistance"; which will be the very same scammer using a different mail address.

The scammer will most likely mail "fake" documentation and may even offer to pay a proportion of the fees to the "authority figure" - in reality, himself.

It is all lies - scammers always lie - all they care for is the money they hope you will wire to them.

Delete and do not reply to this and other scammers peddling the same/similar lies

Note these other examples of the same scam;

To: <undisclosed-recipients:>
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dear Beloved One.

I am Mr. Peter Jerry, Bank Manager of Zenith Bank, Lagos, Nigeria.

I have urgent and very confidential business proposal for you. On June 6, 1999,a Foreign Oil consultant/contractor with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Kari Johnson made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$66,500,000.00, (Sixty-six Million, five hundred thousand Dollars) in my branch.

Upon maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Kari Johnson died from an Automobile accident. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Kari Johnson did not Declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. No one will ever come forward to claim it.

According to Nigerian Law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Nigerian Government if nobody applies to claim the fund. Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a Foreigner to stand in as next of kin to late Mr. Kari Johnson. I am writing you because I as a public servant cannot operate a foreign account or have an account more than $1 Million.

All these are to make sure that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials. This is simple. I will like you to provide me immediately your full names and address telephone and fax numbers and bank account details were the funds would be transferred into. For you to be more comfortable with this project please open a new account for I am not out to defraud your account.

The money will be moved out for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you. If you are interested, please reply back to me with this email ([email protected]) I assure you that it is risk free Please observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country. (Buying of properties like houses, hotels etc).

Best regards,

Mr. Peter Jerry
Last edited by The Enchantress on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#17195 by The Enchantress Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:37 am
Subject: VERY URGENT TO MOVE THIS FUND.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008

I have a new email address!
You can now email me at: [email protected]

- Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Chief Allan K. Daramy, Bank Manager of Zenith Bank, Lagos,Nigeria.

I have urgent and very confidential business proposal for you.On June 6, 1999,a Foreign Oil consultant/contractor with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Kari Johnson made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$66,500,000.00, (Sixty-six Million, five hundred thousand Dollars) in my branch.

Upon maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Kari Johnson died from an Automobile accident. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Kari Johnson did not Declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank.

No one will ever come forward to claim it.According to Nigerian Law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Nigerian Government if nobody applies to claim the fund. Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a Foreigner to stand in as next of kin to late Mr. Kari Johnson. I am writing you because I as a public servant cannot operate a foreign account or have an account more than $1 Million.

All these are to make sure that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials. This is simple. I will like you to provide me immediately your full names and address telephone and fax numbers and bank account details were the funds would be transferred into. For you to be more comfortable with this project please open a new account for I am not out to defraud your account.

The money will be moved out for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you. If you are interested, please reply back to me with this email

[email protected]

I assure you that it is risk free

Please observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country. (Buying of properties like houses, hotels etc).

Best regards,

Mr. Allan K. Daramy

#17196 by The Enchantress Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:37 am
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Chief Allan K. Daramy, Bank Manager of Zenith Bank, Lagos,Nigeria.

I have urgent and very confidential business proposal for you.On June 6, 1999,a Foreign Oil consultant/contractor with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Kari Johnson made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$66,500,000.00, (Sixty-six Million, five hundred thousand Dollars) in my branch.

Upon maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Kari Johnson died from an Automobile accident. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Kari Johnson did not Declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. No one will ever come forward to claim it.

According to Nigerian Law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Nigerian Governmentif nobody applies to claim the fund. Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a Foreigner to stand in as next of kin to late Mr. Kari Johnson. I am writing you because I as a public servantcannot operate a foreign account or have an account more than $1 Million.

The money will be moved out for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you. If you are interested, please reply back to me with this email

[email protected]

I assure you that it is risk free Please observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country. (Buying of properties like houses, hotels etc).

Best regards,

Mr. Allan K. Daramy