Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#1170 by benjamin Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Another recovery scam

Subject: Compensation Fund for Scam Victims

We are shall be very pleased if you can reply this mail.

The United nations Refund Team in Nigeria is paying all 419 Scam Victims whose names and contacts appears in our list of 55 persons from different countries.

We have paid almost 22 Victims. Could you please write us immediately for your own compensation fund of US$3 Million.

The president of Nigeria, Did this wise considerations to maintain the Good image of the country outside the world.
You are not required to spend any money to any member of this team sa bribery or for logistics.
We have a proceedure which you have to follow to get the compensation fund . Kindly contact us or you reach to the Chairman of the Team Reverend Hilton Johnson with this email:[email protected]

Waiting for your Response.

CONGRATULATIONS.

MANAGEMENT

UNO In Nigeria
Advertisement

#1176 by ChrisSmith Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:20 pm
They have paid "almost 22 victims"?
So they've only paid 21 and half a victim? Or 21 and two thirds of a victim?

Sometimes you've just got to wonder about the logic of the scammer who is composing this trash.

#1465 by Bubbles Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:00 am
Oh, lookie, the aides to the President of Nigeria use Yahoo just like me. :shock: NOT!!

Scammer wrote:Chairman of the Team Reverend Hilton Johnson with this email: [email protected]

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.

#1505 by johnny5 Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:33 pm
Other red flags about this type of letter:
  • They don't address you personally.
  • No one signs it by name.. though often they do, along with a fancy title. This one just comes from "management"
  • You're entitled to $3m apparently. You might have "only" lost $10,000 but hey, have $3 million on us! I doubt that any real compensation scheme would offer more than you can prove you lost, let alone such a huge figure.
  • Bad spelling/grammer. Now granted they claim to be in Nigeria and so it could be their second language and all that, but the UN can afford software with a spellchecker (hey, they have $3m to give to you!) and I'm pretty sure they'd train their staff to use it.
#1722 by aussieangel Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:24 am
Yesssss I got sucked in only because today tonight put a segment about getting back your money (YEAH RIGHT) cant even trust the media

aussieangel

#1723 by GomerPyle Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:57 am
Despicably the scammers feed off the media. It isn't so much the media's fault, though they could do more to highlight that scammers will cynically exploit the news and established company names to steal money.

It is taken for granted that when any world disaster, plane crash or tragedy occurs a new wave of scam mail will soon follow. When there was a disaster in Nigeria caused by a petrol explosion and fire, very quickly scam mails were received showing graphic pictures of burns victims. It is quite clear that they will steal from anyone and abuse any helpless victim in their criminal pursuit.

hey

#1726 by aussieangel Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:10 am
Yes i know the media should do a little more to give people an insight to the dangers of being ripped off and nothing is a sure thing :D

aussieangel

#2079 by ChrisSmith Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 am
Another recovery scam claiming to be from the UN. This one from Kofi Anan no less!!!

ZENITH BANK COMPENSATION UNIT, IN AFFILIATION WITH THE UNITED NATION. Send acopy of your response to official email: [email protected]

ATTN:

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family?,You may not understand why this mail came to you.

We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2 days ago with the former secretary to the UNITED NATIONS.

This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of US$ 500,000,00 This includes every foriegn contractors that may have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to
Government problems etc.

We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you, this have been agreed upon and have been signed.

You are advised to contact Mr. Jim Ovia of ZENITH BANK NIGERIA PLC, as he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your Cheque/ International Bank Draft of USD$ 500,000,00 This funds are in a Bank Draft for security purpose ok? so he will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice.

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your correct mailing address where you want him to send the Draft to you.

Conatct Mr. Jim Ovia immediately for your Cheque:

Person to Contact Mr. Jim Ovia
Email:[email protected]

Thanks and God bless you and your family.Hoping to hear from you as soon as you cash your Bank Draft.

Making the world a better place

Regards,

Mr. Kofi Anan
Former Secretary (UNITED NATIONS)

#2950 by benjamin Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:13 am
Another "United Nations", this time coupled with Ecobank Benin. Of course the scammer has absolutely nothing to do with either of these organisations

ECOBANK/UNITED NATIONS 2008 SCAM VICTIMS COMPENSATIONS PAYMENTS.
DIRECTOR.

ATTN:BENIFICARY,

SCAMMED VICTIM/$500,000 BENEFICIARIES.
REF/PAYMENTS CODE:06654 $500,000 USD at the owner of this email
address.

This is to bring to your notice that I am delegated from the United
Nations To Central Bank to pay 250 scam victims $500,000 USD (Five
Hundred Thounsand Dollars) each.at the owner of this email address. You
are listed and approved for this payment as one of the scammed victims
to be paid this amount, get back to me as soon as possible for the
immediate payments of your $500,000 USD compensations funds.

On this faithful recommendations, I want you to know that during the
last U.N. meetings held at Cotonou, Benin Republic, it was alarmed so
much by the world in the meetings on the lose of funds by various
individuals to the scams artists operating insyndicates all over the
world today.

In other to compensate victims, the U.N Body is now paying 250 victims
of this operators $500,000 USD each in accordance with the U.N.
ecommendations.

Due to the corrupt and inefficient Banking Systems in Benin republic,
the payments are to be paid by Central Bank Benin as corresponding
paying bank under funding assistance by The Rabo Bank, London for funds
remittance. Benefactor will be cleared and recommended for payment by
ECO BANK PLC Benin.

According to the number of applicants at hand, 190 Beneficiaries has
been paid, half of the victims are from the United States, we still
have more 60 left to be paid the compensations of $500,000 USD each.
Your particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was
arrested as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby
warned not to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any
reason what so ever as the U.S. secret service is already on trace of
the other criminals.
So keep it secret till they are all apprehended. Other victims who
have not been contacted can submit their application as well for
scrutiny and possible consideration.
You can receive your compensations payments via any of this options you
Choose, DRAFT/CHEQUE PAYMENTS or WIRE TRANSFERS. I shall feed you with
further modalities as soon as I hear from you.
Yours faithfully,
Mr.Nkechimnyeri Eze.
SCAMMED VICTIM/REF/PAYMENTS CODE:06654 $500,000 USD.

#3598 by benjamin Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:47 am
Another, with a link to a real scam information site, and if you go there do please read the first paragraph :)
(United nations Anti-fraud Comm West Africa
Attention:
The Beneficiary,
SCAMMED VICTIM/ $700.000.00.usdollars COMPENSATION- REF/PAYMENTS CODE:06654 We are delegated from the United Nations to Central Bank Nigeria and Central Bank of Benin Republic both in west Africa to pay 200 Nigerian and Benin Republic 419 scam victims $700.000.00 each, you are listed and approved for this payments as one of the scammed victims in Benin Republic by Mr William Okoye, get back to us as soon as possible for the immediate payments of your $700.000.00 compensations funds.

On this faithful recommendations, I want you to know that during the last UN meetings held at Abuja,Nigeria, it was alarmed so much by the rest of the world in the meetings on the lose of funds by various foreigners to the scams artists operating in syndicates all over the africa today, in other to retain the good image of the countries, the new presidents of the Countries is now paying 200 victims of this operators $700.000.00.each, Due to the corrupt and inefficient banking systems in Nigeria and Benin Republic, the payments are to be paid by Pacific Finance Company Plc under funding assistance by the Central Bank of Nigeria and bank of west african bank gahna, According to the number of applicants at hand, 80 beneficiaries has been paid, half of the victims are from the United States and Asia, we still have more 120 left to be paid the compensations of $700.000.00. each only.
Your particulars was mentioned by one of the syndicates Mr Peter Usman,Mr Frank Eze,Dr bello Dan Mrs Grace Ibe Mrs Glory Ani and Mr William Okoye plus four men called,Mr william okoye and Mr Victor Brown also Mr Nelson Udeh So called his diplomatic agent Own Sherwood,Who was arrested today in Cotonou Benin Republic as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason for whatsoever, the US secret service is already on trace of the criminal.

For more vital information, please visit : :http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/news1jul.htm
You will receive your compensations payments via a WIRE TRANSFERS and not a DELIVERY BY COURRIER COMPANY,I shall feed you with further modalities as soon as I hear from you. In reply, provide your contact telephone number where we can be reached if need be.Reply through my alternative email address below: ([email protected])

Yours faithfully,
Rev.Dr,Douglas Ohaneze
De-facto Chief Compensation Officer
United Nations Compensation Committee
Republic Of Nigeria And Republic Of Benin
In West Africa
Telephone---+234-80-65-00-24-26
Tel.Phone---+229-93-85-94-92
(United nations Anti-fraud Comm West Africa)