Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#165862 by WhitneyO Wed May 15, 2013 4:27 pm
Hello,

So I have dealt with breeders before for a bengal and a siberian kitty. I always choose breeders within driving distance. If I can`t make it there, its a too bad.
Here is the first one;
An ad I found which was for Ponoka, AB. But conveniently, the guy moved to the other end of Canada. This is For a Bengal kitten for $300.00 canadian.
Here is the emails;
(Start from the bottom)
Last email from him;
ok thats fine

On 5/15/13, Whitney wrote:
Hi Peter,
I talked with my boyfriend. And we are going to wait a bit and find
somewhere closer to pick up the cat. We both like meeting breeders face to
face.
Thanks again,
Whitney

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2013-05-15, at 1:51 AM, "wils peter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> am waiting
>>
>> On 5/14/13, Whitney wrote:
Hi,
Sorry, I am at work, can only go on my email so often. I will discuss
with my boyfriend later on, that`s too bad your all the way in Quebec now. I
like to meet breeders face to face and be able to pick them up,
Thanks!Whitney
>>>
>>>> Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:08:13 +0100
>>>> Subject: Re: bengal kitten
>>>> From: [email protected]
>>>> To: Whitney
>>>>
>>>> have not heard back from you
>>>>From: [email protected]
Hello
It was nice reading from you, i now know am sending my
kitten to a home that is full of pet lovers , all i need is a home that
will love and take good care of the kitten more so sent me
update pics of how they are doing.Here are come pics attach below,
Details about the kitten, they are home and potty train vet check and
will be coming with a 1 year health guarantee papers, they are 13 weeks
old, and love the companion of kids and other home pets, the kittens
are been race in our home, they live with us indoors , We have
relocated to Forestville,QC and will be so happy if you will come for the
pick up, as we will like to know you in person, but if to far and you
are so busy to meet with us we could arrange shipping and home
delivery The kitten including home delivery will cost you $350, if
that is ok, by you then you get back to me with your details in this
other
NAMES

HOME ADDRESS

CITY

POST CODE

PHONE NUMBERS

As soon as i have this details i will be taking the kitten along
with all papers for shipping registration and change of papers from my
names to your names

Thanks and Waiting
>>>> On 5/14/13, Whitney wrote:
Hi Peter,
Please see below for my answersDeleted., right now I am just browsing,I can
only
have hypoallergenic cats. My parents have a
silver
bengal, so I am familiar with the breed,
If you could just let me know the price of these kittens, that would
be appreciated.

Thanks!
Whitney
>>>>>
>>>>>> Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:20:11 +0100
>>>>>> Subject: bengal kitten
>>>>>> From: [email protected]
>>>>>> To: Whitney
Hello ,
Thanks for the mail and your interest toward our kittens. There are
1male and 1 Female ,13 weeks old .They are
registered,vet check , updated in all shots.Come with a 1
year health guarantee well tamed and
potty trained, good associate of kids and other house hold pets also
very eager and energetic to lean. To begin I will start by asking you
some questions, sorry for all the Questions just to be sure my kittens
are going to a good home.
Are you a breeder?
Are you use to this breed?
Do you have kids?
What is your occupation?
Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?
Are you sure that you are going to take care of our kittens?
Were exactly are you located?
With this information I will be for sure that you are going to take
good care of the kittens,And I will be Very Happy if you can get back
to us with all the Answers to the Questions
Any of the kittens will come with all Registered document,kittens
formula, A couple of weeks food, 1year health
Guarantee and a Nutrition hand manual regard to their feeding also
with a Pet degree sanction.Thanks and Waiting

On 5/14/13, MiniAds Support <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear bery kim, Wait a sec?! Who is Bery Kim?? I noticed this after...

Whitney has just replied to your ad #10450.

Here is the message:
Hello,I came across your ad for bengal kittens, I am wondering about
pricing
(I see $300), I have never come across a bengal for that price and
am
just
looking for confirmation. I am also wondering how often litters are
available?And if you have a website?Thanks,Whitney

Your ad's web address:
http://ponoka.miniads.ca/registered-ben ... 10450.html

HIS NAME AND EMAIL IS wils peter ([email protected])

NEXT SCAM!
Same thing, $450 dollar bengals. Lots of pictures were sent of each cat. It was believable!! The ad I originally found was in Blairmore, AB, but once I said I lived close and can pick up, they are all the way in Maryland. And the format is the same as the other guy above...

Email actually goes in order! Start from the top.

Hello ,
Thanks for contacting. These kittens are still available, 2 males and 2 females Kittens. Pictures of the Kittens available are attached. The male Kittens are called JAKE and DREAM, While the female Kittens are called SNOWBALL and LILY. And the Sphynx kitten are called Gina and Max ,These Kittens are TICA reg and up-to-date in all their shots and vaccines, raised in our home, de-wormed and litter trained. They are accustomed to all the noises and inner workings of a family home and will make excellent family pets..

Our kittens are intelligent, active, energetic cats. They are agile, love to climb & can be vocal with a distinctive voice . They get along well with other pets & people. Our kittens enjoy high places & are enthusiastic climbers. We have trained our cat to walk on a harness, so they can enjoy the great outdoors in safety. My Kittens have no health issues as they will be coming with all their health documentation ok.

Kittens Statistic:
Expected Adult weight : 12-15lbs
Average lifespan: 14-16 years

We are very reputable esteem breeders based in the USA. We have Been breeding these kittens for the past 2 years and we have alot of experience with them. we breed these kittens in the most comfortable environment. I am giving them out for adoption this cheap because i am a kittens lover and i want to encourage people on the breed and not out for the money... All you will be spending to get each of the Kittens will be $450 which will be for the following

Price: - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - $270
Paper Works :- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - $30
Flight And Delivery Fee:- - - - - - - - - -$150
Making A Total:- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - $450

But if you can pay me a visit for Pick-up, then there will be no need for the extra $150 for shipping and delivery. All you will be spending will be a total of $450 for each. Before we proceed lets start by answering the questionnaire below to see if you qualify for any of the Kittens. I sincerely hope the questions will not be too personal, if you think any of the questions is personal, you could just skip the question. But answering all the questions betters your chance of getting any of the kittens.

1. Your Names:
2. How many people are in the family.
3. Who will be the primary caregiver to this Kitten/Kittens.
4. What do the adult in the home do for a living?
5. Are you looking for a pet, a show Kitten or for breeding?
6. Do you have other pets?
7. Will this be your first experience with a pet?
8. How long will the Kitten/Kittens be left alone while you are working during the day?
9. Are you Aware that it cost an average of $10 a week to care for this breed and are you able to meet up with this expenses.
10. what do you think of my price $450.
11.where are you located(City and state)?

Finally, i want you to understand that there are other families applying to buy these cute babies, so please be prompt with your reply so i can make my decision on which home the Kitten/Kittens will be going to. . I will miss them very much so i will strive as much as possible to make sure these Kitten/Kittens go to the best homes, where they will be treated with so much love and care.... Thanks once more and waiting to read from you.

All The Best
Patricia.....

whitney
3:12 PM (22 hours ago)

to Patricia
Hello,

Thanks for writing back, they are so cute!! They are all so different looking!!
And sorry, just to clarify, without the $150 shipping charge, it would be $450 or $300?
You are just located in Blairmore Alberta, correct? I lived there for a bit about 4 years ago.
Here is the answer to your questions, below;
1. Your Names: Deleted
2. How many people are in the family.
3. Who will be the primary caregiver to this Kitten/Kittens.
4. What do the adult in the home do for a living?
5. Are you looking for a pet, a show Kitten or for breeding?
6. Do you have other pets?
7. Will this be your first experience with a pet?
8. How long will the Kitten/Kittens be left alone while you are working during the day?
9. Are you Aware that it cost an average of $10 a week to care for this breed and are you able to meet up with this expenses.
10. what do you think of my price $450.
11.where are you located(City and state)?

Thanks!!

Patricia Carlos
4:26 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
Hello ,
Thanks for the prompt response. Due to your message, i am convinced that the kitten will be spoiled with the best of care and love.So the kitten will be coming over to your home with all health and vaccination records, some toys, a kitten bed,hand and feeding menu and all other accessories since i will have no use for them once the kitten gets to your home.

I am located in Greenbelt,Maryland where i work and will be flying the kitten from in a flight of some few hours which will be no problem for the kitten since the kitten is crate trained and has all health papers, And we are very happy to let you know that the kitten will be coming with all papers which include the vet checked up ,will come with all the vet papers and all necessary papers the is needed OK .

For i am Not Selling my kittens, We breed these kittens in the most comfortable environment. I am giving them out for adoption this cheap because i am a kitten lover and i want to encourage people on the breed and not out for the money... All you will be spending to get each of the Kitten will be $450 which will be for the following

Adoption Price: - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -$270

Paper Works :- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - $30
Flight And Delivery Fee:- - - - - - - - - -$150
Making A Total:- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - $450

But if you can pay me a visit for Pick-up, then there will be no need for the extra $150 for shipping and delivery. All you will be spending will be a total of $450 for each.So if you can't came over for the pick up then you will to make payment is in two installments .And when you have the kitten delivered to your home in good Health and also call us can for confirmation ,Then you can complete rest payment okay.So if that is ok by you then.
In order for us to proceed with the transportation of the kitten over to you, i will be needing your complete delivery information as follows:

Full Names.......................
State..................................
City...................................
Postal/Zip Code...............
Home/Street Address:..
Contact Telephone Number#.....
Nearest Airport To your Home.....
Name of the kitten.................

As soon as you send me your complete delivery information, we shall discuss transportation and payment details. Once i get your complete delivery information and the money, my husband shall immediately proceed with the transportation of the kitten over to your location and as soon as he is done, i am going to send you a copy of the flight ticket, the flight and delivery schedule for you to know when the kitten will be arriving your closest international airport and when the kitten will be delivered at your house address by the doorstep delivery agents . I am really happy that soon you will be getting the kitten and cannot wait to see pictures and updates once you get the kitten home. Waiting on a prompt respond

--- On Tue, 14/5/13, whitney wrote:

Subject: Re: 100% HEALTHY (TICA REG.) BENGAL KITTENS
To: "Patricia Carlos" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 14 May, 2013, 22:12

whitney
4:49 PM (21 hours ago)

to Patricia
Hi Patricia,

Thank you for replying, but the link below; Showed me these kittens were in Blairmore, Alberta.
http://www.kiclassifieds.ca/blairmore/w ... 11372.html

Unfortunately I won`t be able to get any of these kittens because you are in the US,
I like to pick them up and meet the people who raised them, just a personal thing.

Thanks though! I am sure you won`t have an issue finding those kittens homes :)

Patricia Carlos
4:57 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
Hello Whitney ,
We will have to send the over to you with no problem since the kitten will be coming with all papers Okay.And you will make a deposit of 50% now and the rest when you have the kitten home Okay.
Thanks and waiting .

Then I ignored....

SCAMMER name: Patricia Carlos [email protected]

Thanks and good luck to everyone out there!!!!!! There are good people out there to get kittens from, just do your research, :)
Advertisement

#165877 by Mike Wilson Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 pm
Hello WhitneyO
Welcome to Scamwarners and thank you for posting the emails from this scammer. This information will help others avoid this scam.

The emails from Patricia Carlos [email protected] originate from 197.159.15.183 which is located in Cameroon Africa.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#172687 by eboric Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 pm
Hello,
Had a nearly identical experience with [email protected]. I replied to a post on craigslist and became suspicious with the communication, and so did a Google search--suspicions confirmed. When I responded that I wasn't comfortable dealing with someone I couldn't meet in person, he responded "bye fool." Nice.
#215667 by breyergal Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:56 pm
Just had an experience with [email protected]. Posted on DogsNow.com originating from from oodle marketplace, listing number 54301. Bichon puppies for sale. When I contacted they had relocated from Green Bay, WI to Little Rock, AR.

The phone number used was an Arkasas number with the 501 area code. When we called to say we would come get the puppy we heard their tv and then when we called back the phone was turned off. Buyer beware of [email protected].

Everything was plausible - do your research.