Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#172501 by wrvuvf Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:10 pm
My brother bought a tractor from the company called ConstPlant LTD. After we made the payment by bank account and signed the contract, they said that we will receive it within 25 days but we have waited for 39 days and we haven't gotten anything. Please help us.

CONSTPLANT LTD
Company Registration No: 6528103
Company VAT No: GB939660678
Tynemouth Road, North Shields,
Tyne & Wear, NE30 1ED,
UNITED KINGDOM
Tel: +44 191 645 2876
Fax: +44 191 300 0112
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.plant-equipment-sales.com
Advertisement

#172530 by Mike Wilson Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:52 am
Hello wrvuvf and welcome to scamwarners,

I am sorry to hear that you were caught in this elaborate scam. This company was impersonating a legitimate company and they never had any equipment to sell. All of equipment descriptions and images were copied from legitimate equipment sales.

See this topic for more information on this fake company.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=69936&start=15

The website was reported for fraud and now appears to be offline.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#172545 by HannahsDad Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:16 am
These sites are always with us.

As soon as 1 gets shut down another pops up

Currently http://agri-plant-online.com

#172563 by TerranceBoyce Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am
We cannot identify who is setting up these websites wrvuvf. The only accurate information you will know about these people is the sorting code and account number of the 'money mule' they used. Even the name of the account given to you may be made up. They also have a large number of bank accounts set up with fake ID's to receive stolen funds.

I regret that this makes it very frustrating, as anything you think you know about these people is not correct. They usually also give you a fake address for the bank, but the sorting code will reveal the truth. The best you can hope to achieve is to attempt to get the 'mules' account shut down.

The scammers operate on ebay, Gumtree and most other ad sites and I have been able to identify some of them but, without being able to link the scam to a specific victim, it means nothing. Not that the evidence I have would be accepted in a court of law anyway. It's a very serious problem, and one that the authorities in the UK appear unable or unwilling to do anything about.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#172581 by wrvuvf Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:36 pm
Thanks for contacting us.I want you to show us what the best solution for this issue.Can I return my stolen money ? Because I have some documents which may help that such as contract ,transfer and the name of received bank.
#172589 by TerranceBoyce Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:45 pm
I understand how you feel wrvuvf, but all you can rely on as being accurate and true about the scammer is the sorting code and account number you were given to send payment to the 'money mule'. Everything else they tell you is a lie and every document they have sent you is a forgery. I have some copies myself. That information won't get you very far and the best you can hope to achieve will be to get the account shut, but it won't get your money back.

Being the purchase of machinery I presume that the amount you have been scammed is significant and I think the largest amount reported here was about £40,000 by a Greek company. Realistically there is little chance of you getting your money back. UK banks have become hopelessly lax and the authorities don't appear to wish to deal with the matter. This situation cannot be allowed to continue as the fraud is becoming so widespread that it will undermine many businesses that rely on internet trading and having confidence in the integrity of bank accounts.

Once businesses are affected, as is bound to happen, governments will take notice. Having said that businesses are already affected as the fraudsters impersonate genuine companies who are losing out on sales that they won't make as long as the money is going in to the pockets of scammers.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#172670 by wrvuvf Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 pm
Welcom to TerranceBoyce, thanks for care. I want you to discuss my issue by e-mail . Can you contact by my e-mail ,please ?
#172715 by TerranceBoyce Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:57 am
The problem is that no one has identified any of the agricultural machinery scammers to my knowledge and, the way they operate, bringing a prosecution would be very difficult. Even then, this wouldn't get your money back and I do not wish to give you any false hope that I, or anyone else, can get you your money back.

If you refer to this post, it links to a BBC news article and I would recommend that you use the form at the bottom of the page to give them details of your case. Again, it won't help you get your money back, but it's important that publicity is given to the scale and risks people face from this type of fraud.

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74536

#172846 by wrvuvf Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:16 pm
Welcome to Terrance Boyce. sorry to repeat topic. Now I am worried because of this crime that I don't expect to be one of victims, also when visited that company , I noticed that offers ,services dealing with customers are alluring . After that, I signed contract and made the payment .Then contact them by e-mail for a week, after week they don't reply my messages , also the company website was shut down.After days I surfed the net and visited the company website
then I found that the company was fraud.

Finally, if the British authirities caught the criminals , I think that they would compensate the victims. please look at the following ID and account number and the location of bank and show me if they are fraud or real.

Bank Account Holder: Mr Irinel Caloian
Bank Name: Barclays Bank plc
Bank Address: 54 High Street, Ruislip, HA4 7AT, UK
Bank Sort Code: 207353
Bank Account No: 33474879
Bank IBAN: GB15BARC20735333474879
Bank Swift Code: BARCGB22
#172854 by TerranceBoyce Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 pm
Don't think that I don't have every sympathy for your situation and I am angry and ashamed by the lack of action by the UK authorities and banks. This is affecting many people in the UK as well as foreign victims and it is a disgrace.

It would be unfair if I gave you any hope that you will get your money back. I'm sorry to say that it's very unlikely. There are some people in the UK who are going to take this up on a political level and that is a sign of how serious this problem has become, but they should not have any expectation that it will get them their money back. As long as they understand this I will support them, and if they don't turn their campaign in to one against any particular organisation. The problem lies with the regulation and enforcement of existing regulations which is hopelessly lax and sloppy. Even the FCA and UK MP's agree with this but, if I wanted a nodding head I'd buy a car ornament for the back shelf of my car.

You mention that you visited the scammer. Do you mean the website or did you travel to the UK ?

The basic problem appears to be that banks have been opening bank accounts against forged ID. It seems that as long as only consumers lose money it isn't an issue they'll do anything about. The problem is that consumers also happen to be the electorate, and the fraudsters won't restrict their activities to consumers. I could write a list of frauds the scammers could perform against companies and the state with forged accounts, not even mentioning fraud against banks and other financial institutions.