Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#174197 by dobolo Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 pm
Hello,
I have one question is this company scam or legit?
Company is named WTTWCOM. (Website: wttwcom.com)
I found this company on the site 192.com and it's registered ltd company.
Can I buy from this company or not?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

#174200 by Bryon Williams Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 pm
Red Flags one year website registration. Only forms of payments are Western Union, Money Gram or Bank Transfer. Hong Kong registration yet states UK business for seven years. I could not access the contact tab because of a virus alert.

Domain Name: WTTWCOM.COM
Registrar: ONLINENIC, INC.
Whois Server: whois.onlinenic.com
Referral URL: http://www. OnlineNIC.com
Name Server: NS5.INTRA.COM
Name Server: NS6.INTRA.COM
Updated Date: 25-apr-2013
Creation Date: 25-apr-2013
Expiration Date: 25-apr-2014

It will be best to buy your electronics from a physical store front or reputable business.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#174204 by Mumbles Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:12 pm
Of course, never pay with Western Union or MoneyGram. Business is not done that way - always a scam.

Apple products are not being sold at a big discount in some strange place and you won't find that strange place by searching the internet.

Not only is this site fake, false, a scam, but any similar site you can find selling brand names at big discount, is also a fake, fraud, and scam.

Don't do it.

The guy who owns that website is a criminal.
Last edited by Mumbles on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#174205 by Mumbles Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 pm
Now, for the business registration:

There is a company registered but it does not sell Apple products and does not own that crooked website.

Name & Registered Office:
WTTW COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
66 CHILTERN STREET
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
W1U 4JT
Company No. 07455092

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
70210 - Public relations and communications activities

(On other sites I find that this company has applied to be struck off the register, meaning it is dissolved, carries on no business of any kind, defunct, kaput.

UK Establishment Details
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#174214 by Mike Wilson Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 am
This bunch is using Barclays

Thanks for your reply with your shipping address,see below our bank data
for the transfer:

BANKING DETAILS:
BANK NAME: BARCLAYS BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: WTTW COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 43116271
SORT CODE: 206651
BANK BIC: BARCGB21
IBAN: GB28BARC20665143116271
BANK ADDRESS: 223/229 rye lane,
peckham,london,Se15 4ty,UNITED KINGDOM.
AMOUNT: 8090 GBP.

Kindly inform us when you will be making the payment as to prepare your
order for shipment.

We await your response and payment receipt.

Looking forward to create a mutual business relationship with you.

Regards
Anita Lunto
Sales Manager

reported MW

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#174217 by dobolo Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:08 am
And if I buy on this site how can I back my money to me?
#174247 by Mike Wilson Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:23 am
These criminals are claiming to be a business in the UK but they are actually located in Malaysia.

IP Address 210.187.240.216 = Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#174248 by Dotti Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:46 am
And if I buy on this site how can I back my money to me?

Unfortunately, if you have already sent them money, it is unlikely you will be able to get it back.

If you transferred money from your bank account, contact your bank and explain that you have now discovered that this is fraud, and see if it is possible to reverse the transaction. Unfortunately, scammers like this know that if the bank discovers they are committing fraud they can freeze their account and stop them from withdrawing the money. They often withdraw the money right away in order to prevent the bank from taking it back.

If you sent money via WU or moneygram, you can report it, but if it has been picked up already, there is nothing that can be done.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#174254 by dobolo Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:44 pm
And the court of law?
#174259 by Dotti Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:04 pm
In theory, a lawsuit could potentially get your money back. If you knew the people involved and where they were located, that would probably be the way to go.

Sadly, in a situation like this, it is nowhere near that simple.
The company name is fake. The names of the people you were given will be fake as well. As Mike noted, the individuals who responded to his email were in Malaysia, not UK.

These schemes are often very complicated, involving individuals in multiple countries, using several fake identities. As I said, the money was likely withdrawn immediately from the bank account, or transferred to another account. The person collecting the money may very well have been hiding behind fake names and ID.

In order to take it to court, you have to have sufficient evidence against an individual or a company to prove that they stole your money, and you would have to work within the laws of the countries where they are located.

You could end up spending a lot of money to investigate and still not have sufficient evidence.
Even if you get the evidence, by the time you add the costs of the investigation, attorneys, and court-system related costs, you could easily end up spending more money than you lost.

I am not telling you not to investigate that option, just making sure you understand that there are many related challenges.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#174277 by Mike Wilson Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:59 pm
They are now using this email address WTTW COMM. LIMITED [email protected]

It is ALWAYS a scam
#174300 by Mumbles Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:10 pm
http://wttwcom.com/

This Account Has Been Suspended

Thanx to whoever did the work on that.

Martin Luther King Jr.
#174318 by dobolo Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:49 pm
You're welcome:-)
I don't like when someone cheating me:-)