Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#11867 by Kachtice Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:24 pm
I have seen a few of these now and they all want you to give away their money to charities and/or people in need. The third one mentions several times that the person who died has the same last name as I do but never mentions the deceased name nor mine. I know these are scams and just want to let people know these are out there, they will say anything to get your money. If it sounds to good to be true then it is a scam. People don't give anything without getting something in return.

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM
Saturday, June 20, 2009 4:07 AM (I recieved this on July 20 not June 20)
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM,

I AM MRS AICHA ABBAS ,A WOMAN WITHOUT A CHILD OF MY OWN AND WEALTHY , A WIDOW TO LATE MUHAMMED MORAD . I AM 58 YEARS OLD, I AM NOW A NEW MUSLIM,SUFFERING FROM LONG TIME CANCER OF THE LEAVER, FROM ALL INDICATION MY CONDITIONS IS REALLY DETERIORATING AND IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT I WONT LIVE MORE THAN A MONTHS AND HALF, ACCORDING TO MY DOCTORS, THIS IS BECAUSE THE CANCER STAGE HAS GOTTEN TO A VERY BAD STAGE. MY LATE HUSBAND ABBAS, WAS KILLED DURING THE (U.S.)RAID AGAINST TERRORISM IN AFGHANISTAN, AND DURING THE PERIOD OF OUR MARRIAGE WE CULDN'T PRODUCE ANYCHILD. MY LATE HUSBAND ABBAS WAS VERY WEALTHY AND AFTER HIS DEATH, I INHERITED ALL HIS BUSINESS AND WEALTH.

THE DOCTOR ADVISED ME THAT I MAY NOT LIVE FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH AND HALF, SO I NOW DECIDED TO DIVIDE THE PART OF THIS WEALTH, TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MUQSIC IN AFRICA, AMERICA, ASIA, AND EUROPE AND TO USE IT IN HELPING THE LESS PRIVILLEGE, WIDOW AND FOR CHARITY ORGANIZATION. I AM WILLING TO DONATE THE SUM OF (TEN MILLION TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ONLY) TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED,SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET THIS FUND AND USE IT TO HELP THE POOR AND THE LESS PRIVILEGED IN ALL OVER ISLAMIC WORLD.YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO 25% OF THESE FUNDS FOR YOUR GOOD WORK AND USE THE REST ON WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU.

I HONESTLY PRAY THAT THIS MONEY WHEN TRANSFERRED WILL BE SURE FOR HE SAID PURPOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO FIND OUT THAT WEALTH ACQUISITION WITHOUT ALLAH IS VANITY. MAY THE GRACE OF OUR ALLAH BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY I AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY SOON.MERCY AND BLESSING OF ALLAH.

EMAIL ME ON MY SECURED EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

MRS AICHA ABBAS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTIFICATION OF BEQUEST
Saturday, July 18, 2009 8:17 AM

Barristers' Chambers:
TEDDY WILLIAMS & ASSOCIATES
Address:33 Bedford Row
London WC1R 4JH, England

Attention: Client

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr.Jürge Krügger. I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned undelivered. I wish to notify you that late Engr. Jürge Krügger made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Thirty Million, One Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD$30,100.000.00) to you in the Codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. Engr. Jürge Krügger until his death was a member of the Helicopter Society and the Institute of Electronic & Electrical Engineers.

According to him this money is to support your humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society. Please if I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job. I hope to hear from you in no distant time.

Note: You are advise to contact me with my personal email address:
[email protected] I await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,
BARRISTER TEDDY WILLIAMS ESQ.
PRINCIPAL PARTNERS
PARTNERS: Barrister Aidan Walsh.Esq, Markus Wolfgang, Mr. John Marvey Esq, Mr. Jerry Smith Esq

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!!
Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:31 AM

I am Zaid Ibrahim ,Attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours, who died as the result of a heart-related conditionin March 12th 2005. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_India ... earthquake
I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at Eighteen million dollars is (US$18million dollars) lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin will be provided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from many breach of the law. If this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinary confidential,whatever your decision, while I await your prompt response. Please contact me at once to indicate your interest.
I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail as soon as possible via my private EMAIL :([email protected]) and treat with absolute confidentiality andsincerity. I look forward to your quick reply.

Best regards,
Zaid Ibrahim
Attorney at Law

Approval To Release Your Entitled Funds.
Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:40 PM

Compliments of the day,

I regret this informal way of contacting you, I adopt this means of communication to safeguard my interest and guarantee that secrecy is not compromised.

A gentle Man, name withheld for reason of Anonymity, of blessed memory (deceased). An Astute Business man, politician of international repute whose endeavors spans various areas of Business interest,( Real estate, stock brokerage, Farming etc) and who I have several various capacities as a Solicitor and an adviser on business and personal issues directed me to prepare a WILL.

On further prompting to ascertain the necessity of such an action, he confided in me of how he was diagnosed by his personal Physician to have brain hemorrhage and had a short period to live. With his demise 2004, I decided to carry out with the instructions on his WILL which clearly states that 50% of his possessions which includes 75% of his Real Estate located at Malaga should be given to his immediate family.

Then 40% (USD25.9 Million) should be invested by his foreign business associate in a viable commercial enterprise whose annual dividends would be used to build a cancer foundation and donations made to Research on Cancer, 5% should be donated to various Charity Organizations and 5% for myself for all my contributions.

All funds have been disbursed as stated in the WILL except the USD25.9 Million which was suppose to be invested by his foreign business associate who never shown up since his death in 2004 for reasons I cannot tell.

In view of this anticipated development, I have decided to search for a trustworthy businessman or woman who can stand in as a manager of this fund for a Two (2) year period after which I intend to divert the money for our own private use when profits have been made. This development is as a result of their greedy attitude on the part of the family for denying me my 5% legal right.

All arrangements have been made by me here to execute a successful partnership together. While I await your Response, your detailed reply should contain your telephone and fax numbers for easier communication. You can reach me on my alternative Via E-mail: Thank you for your anticipated urgent cooperation.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Benito Pedro Garcia
Benito Asesores y Abogados
Partner.
Email: [email protected]
Advertisement

#11868 by Kachtice Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 pm
Sorry, forgot this one but thought it was quite pathetic. Maybe that was what they were after but these are obviously fakes. Please people don't believe anything that these scammers say. All they want is your account info and once they have it they will empty the account. Once again a gmail account, seems like its the scammers favorite.

CAN I DEPOSITE 20,000,000 GBP IN YOUR ACCOUNT ?
Sunday, July 19, 2009 10:39 PM

Beloved, Please kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I
believe you are a highly respected personality, considering the fact that I sourced your profile from the peoples search database on the web during my descret search for a partner whom can assist me in taking bringing the dreams of my late husband come through. I am Mrs Kristine Wimbledon , suffering from cancerous ailment. I was married to Sir Wimbledon G .an English shipping tycoon notable for his great charitable activities before his death in April 2nd, 2006. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Twenty Million Pounds Sterling (20,000,000.00 GBP) which were derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market with his bank here in UK and named me as the beneficiary of this trust fund.(All records are kept with my family lawyer).Presently, this money is still with the Bank. My Doctor told me recently, that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems that i have been suffering from. Though what bothers me most is the stroke that I have in addition with the
cancer. With this hard reality that has befallen me, I have decided to donate this fund to you and i want you to use this gift which comes from my Late husbands effort to establish a charity home for the upkeep of widows, widowers,orphans,destitute,thedown-trodden, physically challenged
children, barren-women and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped
financially. I took this decision because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are bourgeois and very wealthy persons and I do not want my husband hard earned money to be misused or invested into ill perceived ventures, which is the reason i
took this bold decision. I do not need any telephone communication in this
regard due to my deteriorating health and because of the presence of my husband relatives around me. You can contact me through my personal email address: [email protected]

Please assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Remain Blessed,
Mrs Kristine Wimbledon
#17932 by David Jansen Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:11 pm
Another one, with the same context as the above but with a christian touch. These ones are particularly dangerous as they prey on christians.
IP: 41.217.65.4 Abuja Nigeria
Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord

"Anthony Williams." <[email protected]> [Add]
To:

Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 8:35 PM (1 day ago)
Show original
Show full header

"Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father"
Philippians 2:11
Seek God Ministries
"to Know Jesus Christ and make Him Known"
"From there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him
if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."
(Deuteronomy 4:29)

My name is Rev Pastor mulla am 53yrs old of age, i stay Otis
Orchards, WA 99027-0100 LONDON.I am a good merchant, I have several
industrial companies and good share in various banks in the world.I
spend all my life on ministry and cooporate business both is
Asia,Europe and America here. all the way i lost my wife and two
beautiful children in Plane Crash.

I am a very godly man with all cost i care aboutorphanage and
lesprivilage people, since when I have an experience of my difficult
to sleep and give rest. later in the year 2006 novernmber i was sent
a letter of medical check up, as my personal doctor testify that i
have a lung cancer, which can easily take off my life soon.I found
it uneasy to survive myself, because a lot of my investment cannot
be run and manage by me again.I quickly call up my fellow
pastor/prophet to give me positive thinking on this solution, as my
adviser. He ministered to me to share my properties, wealth, to
motherless baby/orphanage homes/people that need money for survivor,
business woman and man for their investment and for future rising.

Therfore I am writing this letter to people who are really need help
to contact me urgently. so that i can make available preparation on
that.especially women of the day, who are divorced by their husband,
why they cannot survive from feeding theirself. please contact me
and stop weeping. probably let me know what you really need the
money for, and if you can still help me to distribute money to
nearest orhanages homes near your town. Now am so much with God, am
now born again .May the lord bless you, as you reach me,please to
remind you,dont belong to scammers or any act of fraudlent act on
internet. I will give more information to you as i await your
response immediately.Reply to this

Best Regards
PASTOR MULLA.

NB.From there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him
if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."
(Deuteronomy 4:29

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.