Information on romance scams and scammers.
#179661 by JosieG74 Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:00 pm
This gentleman contacted me on Sugardaddyforme.com. Don't judge, it's just another dating site. Here are the emails that I received. I have not responded. These weren't even after numerous emails back and forth. This was after one message.

peterthomas one
5:15 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
Immigration just called me now and they say i should come to their office for the clearance tax because i and my son are flying back to the state on sunday

We Missed our flight last time and immigration say we should pay clearance tax and my atm card not active here till i arrive the state ok. I need your help urgent.

I will pay your bills when i arrive ok, my flight is 48hrs ok

------------------------

peterthomas one
5:15 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
immigration problem here, Immigration say i should pay $2,600 for clearance tax before they will let me fly and i gave immigration $2,000 already but remaining just 600 to complete. My ATM card not working here till i arrive the states sunday

Kindly help me urgently, I don't want to miss my flight ok. I will pay your bills and i will make you happy when i arrive OK, Just 600 remaining to give to immigration for clearance, My flight is 48hrs and i will pay you back as soon as i arrive OK. Just 600 remaining OK.

I will pay your bills and i will give you back when i arrive OK. Just $600 remaining.

Baby, Try borrow or pawn OK, i don't want to miss my flight OK, Just that my ATM card not working here till i arrive the states OK,, I will pay your bills when i arrive OK, I will place you on a monthly allowance of 2k when i arrive OK, try me and you will be happy you did OK, i will spoil u when i arrive OK. help me urgent, just $600 remaining OK. you are my last hope ok. try me and i will make you happy as soon as i arrive sunday ok.

--------------------------------

I don't know if he thinks anyone would fall for this, but I didn't. No picture.
Advertisement

#189971 by kkhendricks73 Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:20 pm
Yes Yes..He is on my email now saying the same crap. I told him to send me the 100.00 transfer fee and then I will send him the 600.00..He then said oh no just send me 500.00. I then asked him what his phone number was and his real name and I will have my brother an FBI agent send the money. He said the phone lines in Africa are Down and he would have to call us. All I could do was laugh..What a crock of mess.. And yes, he found me on Sugar Daddy.com as well
#189981 by Smith Jones Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 pm
That is one lazy scammer to go for the money shot right away to both of you. Glad you didn't take the bait and came over here to tell us about it. Please keep your radar up if you're going to date online. I have several friends who had great success. Others like me found more scammers than good catches.
Please make sure you don't continue any contact or tell him you know he's a scammer. It just educates him and makes him better at what he does.