APARTMENT ADDRESS: 386 Bourke St, Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia
Ad Link: http://sydney.craigslist.com.au/vac/3533209781.html

Hello Con,

Thanks for your quick mail, yes the apartment is very much available

Theme: Family, Tourist Attractions

Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
Bedroom 1 - 1 king
Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
Sleeps up to 4 adults and one or two toddlers. We have travel cots available on request.

Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Bathroom 1 - toilet , shower
Modern renovated bathroom.

Your dates: March 7th 2013 to March 25th 2013 (18 Nights)

Your dates as stated above if correct, is AVAILABLE, if not please let us know at once

Rent per night: $ 100

For your booking reservation for the apartment, you will have to make a deposit of 50% rent payment and a refundable security deposit of $ 300

FULL RENT: $ 1400

50% RENT: $ 700

SECURITY DEPOSIT: $ 300

TOTAL ADVANCE TO HOLD APARTMENT: $ 1000

Only when payment has been made before I can secure your dates, more so make sure you make payment in person.

Note: Payment has to be made before I can secure you date.

AMENITIES

General: laundry soap, activities guide, local activities guide, towels provided, toilet paper, linens provided,hairdryer, soapsbasic, air-conditioning, shampoo, restaurant, dining guide, central heating, alarm clock, telephone, local maps, paper towels.

Kitchen: Dishes & Utensils, Kitchen, Toaster, Refrigerator, Stove / Oven, Microwave

Entertainment: TV, books, radio, satellite or cable, DVD.

Internet Access: wireless broadband, broadband access, computer available, internet access, WIFI.

Suitability: pets not allowed, children welcome, non smoking only, Long-term Renters Welcome, wheelchair inaccessible

Pool / Spa: Indoor Pool, Heated Pool, Whirlpool, Indoor Hot Tub, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Shower. Sauna, Hot Tub, Outdoor Pool

Attractions: bay/sound, botanical garden, churches, cinemas, duty free shops, library, museums, playground, theme parks, live theater, restaurants

Leisure Activities: walking, horseback riding, sight seeing

Local Services & Businesses: fitness center, groceries, hospital, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services, ATM/bank

Outside: Balcony

Tenant who visited last.

Stephen Larry and is family visited for 5 night: [email protected]

Douglass Jeff and his girlfriend visited for 9 nights: [email protected]

Attached are some more photos

Please get back to me ASAP if you want to secure the apartment for your date.

Await your urgent response

Thanks,

Smith

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#180366 by Doriska1 Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:22 pm
Thank you for this posting, as I was thinking about booking with this guy. His craigslist ad was http://paris.fr.craigslist.fr/vac/4125830062.html and he sent me the name of 2 guests that "recently stayed": [email protected] and [email protected] I sent them emails and got back 2 emails that sounded completely canned....I'm a vacation rental owner myself and know what real reviews and comments sound like. So I'm glad I did a search and found your post!! Thanks!
#180367 by Doriska1 Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm
Here is his email to me: He goes by Murray Hickman, [email protected]

MURRAY VACATION RENTALS
Apartment address: 9 Rue Greneta 75003 Paris, France, 4th Arrondissenment

Hello

Thanks for your interest in my apartment,

The apartment is very much available for your date.

Convenient for: 1-4 Guests

2nd floor: elevator

Living space: 24m2

You can always see my apartment on this link: http://paris.fr.craigslist.fr/vac/4125830062.html

Apartment amenities

kitchen: Cookware &amp; Kitchen Utensils,Crockery &amp; Cutlery,Dishwasher,kettle,oven,microwave,plates,pans,fridge / freezer,coffee maker

bedroom: Bed Linen &amp; Towels,night tables,desk,shelves,armchair,Queen size bed

bathroom: washbasin with mirror,toilet,washing machine with drier,shower,bathtub

living room: TV,coffee table,table and chairs,double sofa bed

Composition: Bathroom/WC,Kitchen,Living room,Bedroom

Internet access : wireless broadband, WiFi, broadband access, computer available, internet access

RATE: @ € 60 per night

Your date is now December 29th 2013 to January 2th 2014 (4 Nights).

The full rate for the 4 Nights is (€ 240). To secure your date, you are to pay 50% of the actual rate which is (€ 120) plus a (€ 300) refundable security deposit all in total is (€ 420).

NOTE: Only when payment has been made before the apartment can be secure for your dates

Tenant who visited last.

Stephen Larry and his girlfriend for 9 nights: [email protected]

Jones Karin and is family stay for 1 weeks: [email protected]

Attached are some more pictures

Please get back to me ASAP if you want to secure the apartment for your date so i can send you the booking form.

Await your urgent response

Thanks,

Murray