Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#181289 by dalba.pl Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:00 am
Hi,
I just lost a lot of time (but thankfully no money) with a so called Kalle ([email protected]), pretendedly located at SMALANDSGATAN, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, trying to buy a ducati diavel.

The scam is not that smart:
The bike is for sale, at a low price. After sending pictures/details/emails we agreed for the purchase.
He insisted on paying for the shipment.
Payment was supposed to be COD (cash on delivery).

A day later I receive an email from a shipping company (OCCIDENTAL MOVERS LTD. WWW.OCCIDENTAL-MOVERS.CO.UK phone number +442032908918, Unit5, Battersea Business Park, London SW8 4UG, UK).
. I am being asked to make a 2000US$ deposit via a bank transfer (on a bank account, in small bank in London).

As I declined to pay a deposit, Kalle played the offended person, blaming me for making him lose his time.
He claimed he tried to pay the deposit himself, but that the shipping company declined his offer, as it is the law in the UK for the purchaser to pay the deposit.

blablabla...

the bike is still for sale on an american website: http://motorcycles.yakaz.com/used-ducat ... ft11mp9htc
but this time there is a new email address: [email protected]

here is the ADD:
For Sale $7,000Chicago 60613, IL, United States - 3 weeks ago on freeclassifieds.com
ducati 1,418mi
The Diavel is a beast of a motorcycle with a motor that just spews raw power. The chassis and brakes are plenty stout to handle the power. And the styling is like nothing else on the road. You will get lots of attention on this baby. It has 1,418 miles on it, so it runs and rides like ...

if anyone knows how to find that guy, and denounce him to the police, please help, I really want him to pay for his crime.
Advertisement

#181319 by Michael Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:27 pm
Hi dalba.pl, welcome to scamwarners. Thank you for posting your story here. I am really interested in the bank account they gave to you, could you please post the full emails, if possible with headers here?

The website is indeed a fake and will be shut down by our site killers.

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#181350 by dalba.pl Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:32 am
Hi again,
as far as full email, I use gmail, and as such the header is not "full"...
maybe this will help you:

to: Removed (BW)
date: Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:55 AM
subject: RE: IP
mailed-by: outlook.com
: Important mainly because of the people in the conversation.

cheers
XXXXXX
#181471 by Scoot4Life Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 pm
Hi all!

I'm glad I found this site. I was almost duped by the same character - [email protected]. Whoever he/she is was advertising a 2012 Moto Guzzi Griso in the Free Classifieds. I contacted the writer of the classified ad and ended up with the exact same story as 'dalba.pl' just a different bike. The photos on the site were really good and his story fairly convincing but not quite enough to stop me from doing some further due diligence. Sjorberg purported to be a Navel Officer from Sweden that traveled back and forth to the US and had bought the bike in the US but wasn't able to register it in Sweden due to their tough safety laws - hence his reason for selling the bike and wanting to ship it pre-paid COD to my destination in Canada. I was becoming leery of the context and decided to search his e-mail address which brought me here!
Be on the lookout for this shady character to show up in other places with other great but phoney deals and be aware.
#181490 by Michael Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:04 am
Hi scoot4life, I'm happy to hear you found us and thank you for posting your story :D Do you happen to still have his emails? If so, could you please post them here (after removing your personal details)? Scammers often reuse the exact same format over and over again, and it might save even more people if we post everything we know on him.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us!

#181769 by dalba.pl Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 am
Hi all,
there are new players in that silly game.

One of them calls himself Eric, who claims to be living in Italy, be working in the navy (but this one is a must, he is a captain... no kidding), etc... about the same bs like Kalle.

here is copy of his mail and email address
Note: I did not keep copy of the bank account Kalle sent me <=> if one of you guys might just pretend to bite into their scam, and wait for them to send you the shipping instruction to pay 2000$ us, with full bank details so that you can make it available to all...

email:
"Hi, I can ship the bike to you and you will pay C.O.D (CASH ON DELIVERY). I'm selling the bike at this price because I bought it from USA and I moved to Italy, I have the bike in Italy. I work on a cruise ship, I'm cruise ship captain.
The bike is here in my garage. You can ride an unregistered bike only 3 months then you have to register the vehicle to get italian license plates. I have all the documents but the bike has US documents and I can't register the bike in Italy because the law doesn't let me. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the bike because I'll spend much money and lose time. My only chance to sell this bike is to find a buyer in the US or in another country. I can send the bike to your home address, (I WILL PAY FOR THE SHIPPING TAXES TO YOUR LOCATION) shipping will take approximately 10 working days and after you receive the bike you have another two days to inspect it. When the inspection period ends, the shipping company will contact you and if there are any issues with the bike, you don't buy it. If all it`s good, which I'm sure it will be, they will help you with the transfer of the ownership. If you want to get more details please send me a good PHONE NUMBER and I will call you as soon as I can, You won't find another bike in such condition, and at this price.
Thanks
Eric
"Unquote

email address of this clown:
[email protected]

web site for the add: http://atlanta.freeclassifieds.com/clas ... UqpSbvzg==

add on classified:
Date Posted: 10/24/2013 4:15:41 AM
Price: $8,500.00
Mileage: 1800
Year: 2011
Description of Item:
2011 DUCATI DIAVEL CARBON EDITION. This bike is in beyond excellent, like new condition. Adult owned. It has been exceptionally maintained and has only 1,800 miles. Diavel Carbon is a special limited edition package. It comes with Ohlins electronically adjustable suspension, Brembo Brakes with ABS, rear seat cowl,lots of Carbon Fiber and a throaty Werkes pipe. This motorcycle has NEVER been crashed, dropped, damaged or scratched.
Extras include: Ducati Cover ($350.00), Side license plate holder kit ($140.00), Werkes exhaust kit ($600.00).
#181941 by sim94 Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:09 am
Hi,
Kalle Sjorberg wanted to sell me a Honda Goldwing. This is the first e-mail:
"Hello,

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low for this bike.I can ship the bike to you and you will pay C.O.D (CASH ON DELIVERY). The reason why I am selling the bike at this price is because I'm from Sweden .I was in USA and bought the bike from USA and I took the bike with me in Sweden. I work on a cruise ship, I'm naval officer, I work 6 months on board and 3 months I stay home, at this moment I'm home.
The bike is here in my garage in Sweden,you can drive/ride a unregistered vehicle only 3 months in Sweden then you have to register the vehicle to get Swedish documents. In Sweden you can't register a US vehicle, I have all the documents but the bike has US documents and I can't register the bike in Sweden because the law doesn't let me. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the bike because I'll spend much money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this bike is to find a buyer in the U.S. or in another country. I can send the bike to your home, shipping will take approximately 10 working days, after you receive the bike you have another two days to inspect it. When the inspection period end, the shipping company will contact you and if there are any issues with the bike you can refuse it. If all is good, and I'm sure it will be, they will help you with the transfer of ownership. If you are interested to buy write me back with your shipping information and your phone number(cell or home).
You won't find another bike in such condition.

Please reply, Thanks

Kalle S."
#183541 by Happy Buddha Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am
All I have another bogus email from Kalle but ceased at this step thanks to the information on this site.

Me,

I sent the bike in this morning.
I sent it with all papers in order for you can be able to make the title transfer.
The name of the shipping company I used to send the bike is Occidental Movers Ltd. It's a big and a good company.
In two weeks the bike should be in United States.
I made the bill of sale that includes all the pertinent information about my vehicle and its sale price.
For the title transfer, I complete the requested information on the certificate of title.
I have completed the gray sections of the application certificate of title.
You will take it to your local DMV office.
You will need to transfer the title into your name at the DMV within 10 days.
After you transfer your name in the title send me an e-mail and confirm that.
You must handle the title transfer and registration paperwork yourself with the contract of sale and all documents I sent you. You'll need to fill out an application for title and registration and take it in person to your local DMV office.
You might also be required to pay a use tax 29 usd + DMV fees.
PS : See attachments, I'm very happy that we have completed the transaction, please remember to contact me after you receive the bike.
I sent you a copy of the contract of sale.

Thank you

Kalle S.

Subject: Re: 2011 KTM 990 Adventure R, all luggage, nice extras, Alaska proven, 16k miles
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 10:52:25 -0500
To: [email protected]

Kalle,
I will treat it well.

Thank you,

Me

On Dec 3, 2013, at 9:50, Kalle Sjorberg <[email protected]> wrote:

I want to ad the fact that the shipping cost will be totally paid by me so you will only pay the price of the bike, $6000 as i mentioned in the ad. I already lost money with this bike because of our laws here in Sweden and this is why i`ve decided to pay the transportation cost. About the bike, it is my dream bike, it has no problems at all, no hidden issues and i really don`t see why anybody would not buy this bike at this price which is reasonable comparing others around the web.
I also want to mention that i can make all the arrangements for the shipping these days and after that i will return to you with updates and all the info needed to receive the bike. Remember that the only reason for selling this bike is that is extremely complicated and expensive to register it here in Sweden.
It is still registered in US and you can easily register it in any state.
You will be assisted by the shipper with the registration process when you will transfer the title on your name because they will have the legal authority from my attorney to sign in my name and beside that the title will be signed and completed by me.
I have your address and phone no but i will also need your complete name: It is "Me" your complete name?

Thank you for doing business with me.

Kalle S.

Subject: Re: 2011 KTM 990 Adventure R, all luggage, nice extras, Alaska proven, 16k miles
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 09:12:56 -0500

Kalle,
I will take it. Info:

Address

On Dec 3, 2013, at 7:46, Kalle Sjorberg <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low for this bike.I can ship the bike to you and you will pay C.O.D (CASH ON DELIVERY). The reason why I am selling the bike at this price is because I'm from Sweden .I was in USA and bought the bike from USA and I took the bike with me in Sweden. I work on a cruise ship, I'm naval officer, I work 6 months on board and 3 months I stay home, at this moment I'm home.
The bike is here in my garage in Sweden,you can drive/ride a unregistered vehicle only 3 months in Sweden then you have to register the vehicle to get Swedish documents. In Sweden you can't register a US vehicle, I have all the documents but the bike has US documents and I can't register the bike in Sweden because the law doesn't let me. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the bike because I'll spend much money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this bike is to find a buyer in the U.S. or in another country. I can send the bike to your home, shipping will take approximately 10 working days, after you receive the bike you have another two days to inspect it. When the inspection period end, the shipping company will contact you and if there are any issues with the bike you can refuse it. If all is good, and I'm sure it will be, they will help you with the transfer of ownership. If you are interested to buy write me back with your shipping information and your phone number(cell or home).
You won't find another bike in such condition.

Please reply, Thanks

Kalle S.

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:06:57 -0800

Yes I am very interested. I live in X and am currently on a business trip in X; I had hoped to hear from you before yesterday as I had a layover in Chicago. Anyway, have you had any water or fuel pump issues? Valve clearance adjusted? If I can get a buddy of mine to stop by to take a look would that be okay with you. Thanks.

On Dec 2, 2013, at 6:56 AM, Kalle Sjorberg wrote:

Hi,

The bike is still for sale. The price $6000 is correct, the bike is in perfect working state. No scratches, no dents, accident-free, full service history. Garage kept. The bike has never been dropped or damaged, and it has the original painting, the pictures speak for themselves. It has all the necessary documents (clear title in hand, original bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). The title is clear and it can be registered in any state without problems. Please e-mail me if you are interested to buy. Where are you located?

Thank you and I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.
#183633 by Michael Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:50 am
Hi Happy Buddha, I'm happy to hear you found us in time. Thank you for posting the emails! If we can help in any way, let us know :D

As it turns out, the same script is being used by a scammer with the email address [email protected].

#188973 by No1isafe Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:33 pm
Same guy, using exact same wording:

The bike is still for sale. The price is correct, the bike is in perfect working state. No scratches, no dents, accident-free, full service history. Garage kept. The bike has never been dropped or damaged, and it has the original painting, the pictures speak for themselves. It has all the necessary documents (clear title in hand, original bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). The title is clear and it can be registered in any state without problems. Please e-mail me if you are interested to buy. Where are you located?

That is the email my husband got when answering an ad for a Ducati Sportclassic on ClassifiedAds.com. LONG story short...cheap price because this guy (aka scum) was a captain of a cruise ship, bought the bike in the US, moved to Italy but can't register there. I told him it sounded fishy, too good to be true but that he could check things out as long as he didn't have to pay anything up front. Because scum said he would pay for shipping, bike coming C.O.D and he'd have two days to inspect then pay the shipping company (which by the way he used the name, some photos and logs of this real shipping company but changed website address, email addresses and phone numbers). He was going by Eric Riller at email address [email protected].

While I was out of town, the "shipping company" Robinson International Removal apparently emailed my husband stating they needed a $2500 deposit (like a good faith payment toward the bike) to continue with the shipping because the bike was in Portugal. Guess who went against his better judgement and decided to "wire" the money? Yep...my husband. A friend found your website the same day and immediately told my husband it was a scam. He bolted to the bank to stop wire but because he authorized it and it was already sent, they could only "request" it back but that was all dependent on the recipient.

By the Grace of God, scum posing as the shipping company, transposed two numbers and the wire came back. My husband string him a long for awhile as we wanted to get as much out of him as possible, also to make him waste his time etc. My husband told scum that his bank needed documentation from shipping company before we could re-wire. This time though, the shipping company gave us a total different bank so my husband told scum that he didn't trust them and that if scum would pay for shipping and to ship bike to our door, he'd pay him another $1000.

Well we knew scum was a scammer, there was NO bike etc. Scum said that the transaction was cancelled and that he'd have to get his bike back. Then told my husband he wasn't a serious buyer. My husband told scum that he was serious, he had tried to wire the money but it came back due to an error. Scum ended up hanging up on my husband as my husband was playing along with conversation.

Now we did file a complaint with IC3 but doubt it will go anywhere. This scum from what I can find has been at this at least since 2012 AND we believe we have found even a few more ads (ClassifiedAds.com and AdPost.com) AND even emailed my husband back for a Ducati 999s using the SAME wording. But now his name is Robert at email [email protected].

Someone has to shut this s.o.b down, he needs to rot in jail. I hope and pray his day will come. We've saved all emails, pictures (which we know weren't his obviously), call logs and bank account info. Looks like he placed SEVERAL ads for different motorcycles on these two websites and is just sitting back waiting for the fish to bite.
#189075 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:03 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners No1isafe.

You've had a very close shave and someone was smiling on you to avoid losing money. This problem is massive in the UK and the significant information to make sure the authorities act on are the bank details of the money mule. This scam wouldn't be possible without money mules and shutting down their bank accounts is the quickest way to deal with the problem, which requires little effort by law enforcement and the US authorities are, from my experience, much less tolerant than UK authorities.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#189113 by No1isafe Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:29 pm
TerranceBoyce,

Thank you for the information. If I were to have both bank account numbers, is that something that the IC3 could use to shut down their bank accounts? Or do I have to go through a different law enforcement agency?
#189137 by AlanJones Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 am
Please either post the bank accounts and emails providing them (or pass them to a member of the Support Team) and they will be reported to the authorities.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#197000 by lisafitz Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 pm
We have been scammed-unfortunately, by the same man. Now going by Eric Maller, selling a 2006 campagna T-rex. We kept all the information, bank transfers, reciepts, emails. Lost $11,000. What can I do?