#169821 by jpg5 Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am
This scam is still being run by "Andrew Rudd, A&J And Sons, Australia, email [email protected] ". Lengthy emails about placing an order and shipping to Australia, all the same text as above. I wasted a lot of time figuring shipping costs to Australia. Then "Mr. Rudd" wants to ship through his shipping agent, "Thomas Leatham, Cargo Solutions Ltd., email [email protected] ", who accepts only Moneygrams or wire transfers at this time. The idea is Rudd places the order and pays by credit card, including shipping, you are supposed to pay the shipper by Moneygram from that. All the names and companies are bogus.
Advertisement

#181442 by willowfox_123 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:59 pm
Hello,
I have came across this same scam yesterday with the same address and details (see below).

>>> my name is lao i will like to purchase some of your product to one
>>> my new store in japan i will like to inform you that the method
>>> of my payment is credit card if this is accepted by you please kindly
>>> get back to me with your website address so as for me to choose the
>>> item needed by me

[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]

DELIVERY ADDRESS
> 6-9-10 Ginza
> Chuo-Ku 104-0061 Tokyo japan
>
> Also, I experience difficulties when it comes to getting orders to
> my address here in japan it would be best if you contact the shipper
> which i used in the past ([email protected] you can also notify
> them with my customer id# TW36HFJ76T.
> I will need you to obtain a quote and get back to me with:COST OF THE
> ORDER COST OF THE SHIPPING VIA [email protected] TOTAL COST
> (ORDER +
> SHIPPING)
> Once i have these details, i will get back to you with my credit
> card details immediately. so you can charge and make the necessary
> shipping arrangements.
> Kind Regards

I Just want to thank the people on this forum who took the time to post their concerns and findings as it has stopped me from continuing with this person and potentially costing me more time and money.

They are very persistent, I wasn't interested in selling to him so I even upped my prices to deter him then got even more suspicious when he placed a $3000+ order without even wanting a sample of my product. I'm so glad I went with my gut feeling and looked up the address he gave me (which lead me to this site). After this I just emailed him back saying that I could not continue with his order until he gives me the name and number of his shipper. I haven't heard back from him.
#181444 by Jillian Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:06 pm
Welcome!

I'm very glad to hear that our information was helpful to you. Thank you for adding information to help others.

On the previous page of this topic I posted a link to an overview of this type of fraudulent payment/order scam which you might also find helpful. Please see the topic here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=23020

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#181596 by Contrarem Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 pm
On November 18th, our company in Florida received the same email from a purported customer in Tokyo by the name of Osayi Lao, as some other users in this forum received. I was amazed when, after Googling "quickdrop.com", Google redirected me to Scam Warners and I saw the exact same email there that we received. Way to go, ScamWarners; I'm glad I've found you!
#182971 by Nearly Scammed! Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 pm
They're still at it. Same people, slightly different names. She just tried to scam me and I have spoken via e-mail to a trader in the US who has also narrowly avoided being hit by this scam. Luckily I only deal through paypal and so couldn't take her card payment to proceed with her 'order'! The woman Mrs Lalirra Quilan, orders a large amount of your stock and pays with a credit card, then gets you to use her ‘courier’ Thomas Leatham who charges around £60.00 to ship to Australia, then when you’ve paid for her ‘courier’ to ship the goods they cancel their card payment leaving you £60.00 out of pocket for shipping to Australia on an order that's been cancelled. :(

This is her one of her e-mails to me:

Hello,
Thanks for your reply,i really appreciate you getting back to us,Regarding the shipping we have experienced lots of difficulties when it comes to getting my items to my address here in Australia. I'm in a very remote area of the city which make it hard for me to receive shipment in the past.
I will want you to contact my shipper which i uses every time i purchased order worldwide.here is their e-mail and their cell phone,i want you to send them an message about my order ([email protected]) with the weight and dimension inclusive the value for insurance quoting as well as my reference number (LQ3410955J) They will come pick my order up at your location.
I will need you to obtain a quote and tell them that i want to Insure the package and I will like you to get back to me with overall cost of the items including the shipping cost via my shipper.
Once I have these details,I will get back to you with our credit card information for you to charge.
Hope to read from you soon.
Regards mrs Quilan.

This is from her 'courier':

Dear Client,
Thanks you for contacting Freight Cargo Solutions & Container Services and we are very grateful.In regards to your request,Yes we pick up anywhere around the globe.we will be glad to give you a quote but the following information is needed.
Pick Up Address:
Quantity And Weight Of The Consignment:
Momentary Value Of The Consignment :
Regarding our website,We are currently working on our online services so our web presence is limited at this moment.
Once we get these details, we would have a quote sent to you as soon as possible.
Thomas Leatham

The address they're currently using is:
105 Adelaide Street
Brisbane
Queensland 4000
#189516 by jenagal Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:14 am
G'day,
As this thread helped me I thought it would only be fair to add the details of the scam emails i just received so that it can help someone else. I own a winery and the person was requesting to buy a large number of cases internationally so I googled some of the details and found this thread which confirmed my suspicion.
Hopefully the next person who gets this email also does a quick google check!

Sent: 30 January 2014 16:17
To:
Subject: QUOTE REQUEST ASAP

Thanks for the mail this are the item needed Below

2010 **....QTY5CASES
2012 **....QTY5CASES

MY DELIVERY ADDRESS
Mitsukoshi Nihombashi
main store. 1-4-1 Nihonbashimuromachi,
Chuo-ku. Tokyo Downtown East 114-0021

Also, I experience difficulties when it comes to getting orders to my address here in japan it would be best if you contact the shipper which i used in the past ([email protected] you can also notify them with my customer id# TW36HFJ76T.
I will need you to obtain a quote and get back to me with:COST OF THE ORDER COST OF THE SHIPPING VIA [email protected] TOTAL COST (ORDER + SHIPPING)
Once i have these details, i will get back to you with my credit card details immediately. so you can charge and make the necessary shipping arrangements.
Kind Regards
#189521 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 am
Yes, this is a shipper-operated-by-scammer scam. The scammer asks you for a catalog, then orders some items from it, not having a clue what they are (they happily buy things that don't exist, as long as the total cost is something reasonable to them). They pay by stolen credit card, but the shipper doesn't take credit cards, so they ask you to add the shipping fee to what you charge to the card and send the shipping fee by Western Union. It's a way to turn stolen cards into cash.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10