Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#181752 by c3m Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:46 pm
Hi, i recently came upon a site and i was given an email address to get information about electronics. The person who replied claims to be the sales manager for the company which is located in India. I have found out prices for phones, tablets and cameras but when i check the prices on ebay and amazon they are more expensive on those sites. The sales manager claims that the items are original and brand new not knock-offs or refurbished. They require you to send your full name and address and telephone contact as they claim that they will be sending the purchased item to me via dhl express 2day shipping. You are also required to send the money before any item is shipped as is with all online trading sites. This site however requires you to send it through western union money transfer and upon receipt of the money they claim to inform you that the transfer has come through and they will ship the item which will be delivered in 2days as i stated previously. The site has an offer that if you purchase 3 items you can get an item for free. Please help me figure if this is ligit or if it is a scam because my husband also finds that it is too good to be true and most if the time when he finds so it really is like that.
Advertisement

#181755 by AlanJones Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 pm
It would help if you could post the address of the site and the email address, but from what you describe it does sound to good to be true (I would be even more convinvced it was fake if they claim to be selling recently released items such as PS4, iPhone 5S etc at really low prices). Also the mention of payment by Western Union raises a major red flag, as legitimate businesses do not use this as a means of payment.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#181757 by c3m Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:20 am
Well thanks because i also found that to be a bit fishy that they were using Western Union as a means of payment. Also the items which i did find out about are:
Apple iphone 5S 64gb (gold) price: 750usd
Apple iphone 5S 32gb (gold) price: 650usd
Apple iphone 5S 16gb (gold) price: 600usd

Apple iphone 5S 64gb (white/black) price: 600usd
Apple iphone 5S 32gb (white/black) price: 550usd
Apple iphone 5S 16gb (white/black) price: 500usd

Samsung I9500 GALAXY S4 16GB(Black/White) Price:350USD
Samsung I9500 GALAXY S4 32GB(Black/White)Price:400USD
Samsung I9500 GALAXY S4 64GB(Black/White)Price:450USD
#181760 by AlanJones Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:27 am
A definite scam - no one (particularly some "trader" in India) would be selling a 5s for that price (or offering get one free deals) - they are a brand new product with high demand.

Please can you post the details of the scammer so that other would be victims can find them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#181761 by c3m Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 am
I just realised i forgot to mention that the site i found them on is a site where persons interested in selling items place ads and numbers for you to contact them its not the company's official site. I do not want to mention the site and taint its name as the site is a very useful site in my country.
#181764 by Dotti Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 am
Standard scam.

Literally dozens of these new fakes appear every single day.

It is not possible for a business to sell certain electronic items (especially the phones) for those prices. Unlike many other things that have extremely high markups, the manufacturers don't sell phones to distributors for cheap, and they don't give major volume discounts. Companies like Sprint and Verizon can ONLY sell phones for cheaper because they make up the extra money in the monthly phone charges. The manufacturing plants are owned by the company, and they can't sell phones on the side!

Please do post the email address this lying thief is using.

Edit to add: NO legitimate business will require payment by Western Union or moneygram, and you should NEVER use those services for anything except to send money to family and friends. Once the money is picked up, there is absolutely no way to get it back. Scammers like it because they can pick up the money and disappear, and there isn't a thing their victims can do about it.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#182005 by andrewnice Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:17 pm
In my opinion, They may be not scam. they will send you the 3 items after you finish the payment, but no body knows the quality.so I advice you buy it from trustful website.
My experience on purchase, I ordered a tablet ,a powerbank, and three TFcard from fancycost.com last week, I compared the price on the website to others , power bank and TF is very cheaper but tablet is little more expensive than others,even though, I placed my order on <removed - dotti> , I'm glad I did so when I received the items, all of the items work perfect,and I'm very happy with thier service, the customers replied my questions very fact, it made me no worry. :lol:

Edit by dotti. Removed the spam link to a questionable website. Don't worry Andrew, we will be sure to check out that website you are spamming!