Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#170999 by KatrinaVDH Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:33 pm
ANY AU PAIRS CAUGHT IN THIS SCAM - Please contact Katrina with Au Pair International at [email protected]

We would like to provide you instructions on how you can help bring the scammers to justice.

Thank you.
Advertisement

#174294 by noramydog Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:30 am
Hi,

I also have contact with those scammers. The contents of their emails were almost the same. Fortunately I haven't paid them yet, because I got email, which I thought strange and I started to search the Internet very carefully for any information. I noticed this forum and thank you for your being and thanks God, I didn't lose my money. I'm only worried that they have documents with my data (scanned passport, driving licence etc.) I don't know what I should do. I'd really like to find them, whoever they are and wherever they are. I have contacted with Mrs Katrina (the real one) and she asked me to write my information here. Is it possible to do something more to help to catch those awful people?

emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

names:
Crystal Moore
Crystal Wilson Moore
https://www.facebook.com/crystalwilsonmoore?fref=ts (there is only one person, who observes this profile, but I don't know if this girl is also a victim, or maybe she is connected to scammers...)
Cristina Rodriguez
(Katrina Vanderhulst
Director of International Programs
Au Pair International, Inc.
Main: (646) 493-9617
Email: [email protected]) -> I know now that it's not the real one, and the real one Agency.

Fool me that I have never tried to call at this number...

Payment representative details:
Joshua Williams Montenegro
city: Weslaco, zip code: TX 78596
Texas, USA
Total fee: 1 520$ Money gram Ref. no. ...

Fortunately I haven't paid, it was very strange for me that I have never heard about this name of representative, the state was Texas (ehm? the Agency from Colorado, "family" from Florida? and representative from Texas, strange too) And of course it was very strange for me ->

"Please NOTE we are currently having an Audit of our Domain account so bank transfers can NOT be made to our account at the moment , we apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and we promise this will be resolved soonest.

As we wouldn't want to delay processing of your documents, we partnered with Money Gram Inc. so you will be making payment using the Money Gram service as the means of payment to our Agency representative."

If there is a little problem with Domain, it should be repair in few hours, or maybe days... not longer, so it's not a problem.
#174347 by Kabbe Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:22 am
another new email:

[email protected]------>Ms Andrea (I saw her already here)
the phone number for the Agency she gave:
+1(972)836-7414 but it is fake!!!

they say they are from Agent Aupair. The real Agent Aupair is in SanFrancisco and the email address is [email protected] Should I contact the real agency to tell them about this?They do not use the names, but they are using the forms and logo and address.

It was the same with me. "Host Family" is in Boston, "Agency" in SanFrancisco, and Western Union in Ohio Cincinnati.

How we can catch these terrible people?

They have all the details(passport, real address, real photos) they can be dagerous for us?

thank you very much!
#174982 by KatrinaVDH Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:25 pm
Please realize that we will always have an agent MEET in person and you should always have a face-to-face with the family.

We have received so many contacts from girls all over the world that have become a victim of this scam.

There is a new fake family, Mike & Carol Smith.
#181551 by KatrinaVDH Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:42 pm
They are now using Bonnie Sims as a name of someone in the agency. There continue to be new fake "families" created, as well as fake "au pairs". The one thing that seems consistent is that they are mainly targeting through Facebook.

Here are some recent family names:
Sherlly Howard - [email protected]
Carneal - [email protected]
G Mike Ricks
Newmann
Carlos Calvin Christopher

Former au pair:
Larissa Bazoni

The use this fake phone number:
(513) 275-7994
513-275-7994

Ask them if you can skype face-to-face with the family. Ask them for the name and address of the representative in your country. These things are required of the program.
#182240 by KatrinaVDH Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:48 pm
This scam is still going, unfortunately...new "family" names:

Hilaria Mckenna Laura
Harley Brandon Totti

Please know that you should only be sending emails that end in @aupairint.com and @agentaupair.com

DO NOT SEND MONEY!
#182292 by KatrinaVDH Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:36 am
Here is another version of the email that has been sent out from the scammers.

Thanks for your mail and co operation! We have receive the details you forward to us. We will like to congratulate you as Our Moderators has review them and store them in our data base, but we can't start the processing if we did not receive the payments from you......Since the Western Union or Money Gram is the convenient way you can send the money to us and it is the easiest means from your location.

Below are the information you will be using to transfer the money to us.

WESTERN UNION

Name:Heath Russell

City:Gulf port

State:Mississippi

Zip code: 39503

You are to go to any Western Union or Money Gram payments Outlets in your location with the details above to transfer the payment

After payment kindly send us the scan copy of the Western Union or Money Gram Money
Transfer Invoice (Receipt) so that we can proceed in processing your
Working permit, and other Backing Document(s). All necessary
Document(s) including your Flight Ticket will be posted to your
address with us within 2 weeks as soon as we confirm your payment.

Or you get back to us with the payment details for fast confirmation
of your payment if you can't scan the receipt such as.

Sender's Name :
Western Union/ Money Gram Digit Reference Number :
Payment Address :
Amount Sent :
Where Money is sent from :

You are advise to go ahead with the payment so we can start with the
processing of your document with the information we have in hand and
as soon as we get the rest information we finish with the processing
of your document and get it sent to you in no time.

We will wait here to receive the payments.

Thanks for your co-operation.
Yours Faithfully

Katrina Vanderhulst
Au Pair International,Inc
4450 Arapahoe Avenue
Suite 100,
Boulder, CO 80303
Tel: (513) 275-7994

added quotes for clarity - dotti
#182922 by KatrinaVDH Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:52 am
Another family: Sara Hills ([email protected])
Another fake agency email: [email protected]

New payment amounts:
Au Pair International Management have calculated the total amount to process all your documents including your Flight Tickets and we are giving you the load down below.
For your flight tickets it will cost £765 Pounds
For your visa it will cost £220 Pounds
For your working permit it will cost £210 Pounds
For your health insurance it will cost £155 Pounds
And definitely our agency is gonna charge you for our agency fees which is not that much but it will be just £ 200 Pounds, so the total amount for the processing of all your documents including your Flight Tickets will be £1550 Pounds in total.
Send the payments of £1550 Pounds via Western Union Money Transfer to the payments verification officer with details below :
Name : Mr Justin Tucker
Street : 25-27 Vanston Pl, Fulham,
City : London,
Post Code : SW6 1AZ,
#184171 by KatrinaVDH Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:19 am
Another fake email:

Dear,
Au Pair International Management will like to inform you that we have received your details that you have sent to us and everything is complete.
A Total of any of this Work Permit Validity to enable us process the necessary Documents for the Visa and Work Permit for you to Travel down to United States of America to live and work as well.
Au Pair International Management will like to inform you that all documents will be arrange here in our Office after which will be forward to the American Embassy along with your Flight Ticket and Health Insurance, and also some Copies of this Documents will also be sent to the address of your home that you have sent to us in your last message..
Au Pair International Management have calculated the total amount to process all your documents including your Flight Tickets and we are giving you the load down below.
For your flight tickets it will cost £765 Pounds
For your visa it will cost £220 Pounds
For your working permit it will cost £210 Pounds
For your health insurance it will cost £155 Pounds
And definitely our agency is gonna charge you for our agency fees which is not that much but it will be just £ 200 Pounds, so the total amount for the processing of all your documents including your Flight Tickets will be £1550 Pounds in total.
Send the payments of £1550 Pounds via Western Union Money Transfer to the payments verification officer with details below :
Name : Mr Justin Tucker
Street : 25-27 Vanston Pl, Fulham,
City : London,
Post Code : SW6 1AZ,
Au Pair International Management will want you to go to the POST OFFICE and tell them that you want to make the payments through Western Union Money Transfer.
Anticipating your respond

Yours Faithfully
Au Pair International Agency
Contact Address : 446 Kenton Road, Kenton,Harrow, HA3 0XY, United Kingdom
Telephone Number :+447024021577
Email Address : [email protected]