Information on romance scams and scammers.
#182811 by candyb Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 am
> On Nov 28, 2013, at 1:21 AM, [email protected] wrote:
>
> From the Department of Leave Affairs,
> Military Administration,
>
>
>
> After proper assessment of the leave permit request as applied for by you as a beneficiary to Sgt. William Perron, we are pleased to announce its approval therefore further processing can start immediately , based on this, Congratulations!!!.
>
> We are so happy to inform you that processing will henceforth start on this application as you have been approved. Thereby you must make a payment of *725USD* as the processing fee, the details of payment agent will be found at the end of this letter.
> Information below are also needed because it will be used in the cause of this leave process:
>
> FULL NAME :
> AGE : SEX :
> DATE OF BIRTH :
> MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME :
> RELATIONSHIP WITH DEPLOYED OFFICER :
> FULL ADDRESS :
> PHONE NUMBER :
> REASON FOR LEAVE REQUEST :
> DURATION FOR LEAVE REQUEST :
> ADDRESS OF CLOSEST AIRPORT:
>
> Now here is the payment details :
>
> Name : Rebecca Vanzant
> Address: 17701 CR 1530 ADA
> Country: USA
> State: Oklahoma
> Zip Code: 74820
>
> With this information, you can pay through the money gram or western union, as soon as payment is made you can let us know through your fiance , we will tell him the information of payment we are going to need from you
>
> We will update you from time to time on proceedings and you are also free to ask questions, please remember to reply us with the informations requested for as they will be needed in preparing traveling papers as soon as the warrant is issued out to you and your fiance.
>
> Thanks so much for your understanding and co operation.
>
> Lt. Gen David M. Rodriguez
> Processing officer
>
> NOTE : PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE WITHIN THE NEXT 24HRS FROM NOW TO ASSURE US YOU ARE BOTH STILL INTERESTED IN ATTAINING THE LEAVE , AT LEAST DEPOSIT OF PAYMENT WILL PROVE TO US.

help me please...... is this scam?
Advertisement

#182824 by AlanJones Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:58 am
Hi candyb and welcome to Scamwarners

Yes it is definitely a scam.

The US military do not charge "processing fees" for soldiers to get leave.

In the very unlikely scenario that the US military (or any other military or government department in any country) did need someone to make a payment to them for some reason, they would not use Western Union or Moneygram as a means of payment.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#182851 by vonpaso xlura Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:19 am
On top of that, the email address is at a free email domain, the writing is West African, and no one outside the military gets involved in a soldier going on leave.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#182886 by Dotti Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:19 pm
Could you please post the information on the fake soldier who led you into this fake leave request? Email address, any phone numbers, and some of the messages he sent you (which will most likely be scripts, especially the early ones)?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#182889 by jolly_roger Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:05 pm
I'm glad you asked candy. If you scroll to the top of this page, you see the site search function on the right hand side. Type in, military scam. The results that show on the screen will amaze you. And sadly the military type scams are littered throughout the forums. If you read some of them, a familiar theme soon emerges.
I'm happy you saw the fraud before losing any of your money.
#183853 by Smith Jones Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:37 pm
Hi candyb, you didn't say but had you been communicating with a scammer? Usually they pull this trick after you have been chatting or emailing for some time. Let me know if you had started a relationship and if you have any issues related to that. I'm a former victim and I can help with the healing process.