Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#180322 by knatutusau Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:24 pm
Dotti wrote:the
marysaville wrote:Hi there I have recently set up a group on Facebook for all of those who have been scammed by US Army personnel. If you would like to join this group please do. The more people we can get to join the more chance we have of doing something about these horrible people and the more chance we have of stopping them. Pleas come and tell us your story. It will all be treated with the upmost confidence and consideration i promise you that. These guys have to be stopped. Thanke looking forward to hearing from youi all. Love Mary

Hi.I have also been texting with a man who claimed to be in the US Army currently deploying in Afghanistan.He speaks very good English and he claimed that he is form New York City.He claimed that he's divorced with 2 kids.
A few days ago,he told me he wanted to hear my voice.I told him to give me any phone contact where I can contact him.He said he is not allowed to give any phone contact for security reasons but I should write to i.military @usa.com requesting permission to call Sgt Richard Carney,which he claims to be his name.I sent an mail and I got a reply from the above that I needed to pay $150.00 through Western Union before I am allowed to talk to this scammer.I was supposed to send the money to a Michael Smith in Ikeja,Nigeria.I knew straight away it was a scam so I have stopped communicating with him.His e mail id is [email protected]
#180361 by Chynadoll2 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am
This soldier who calls himself Captain Thomas Ryan, AKA Ryan Thomas, AKA Robero Crespo is asking women on Mocospace.com to send him money. I have notified the support team of moco, as well as all his women friends he has contacted asking for money. I hate people like that. I hope he is eating dirt off the street for lunch. :laugh-s:
#180651 by Elsascott Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:53 am
https://www.facebook.com/calvin.adams.9 ... riends_tab
Is a scammer to. The man on the picture is, . Adams Robert.

He says he is a US soldier on secret mission in Libya, His wife died in blood cancer, and have a 9 yer old son in the Usa, And all of his money go there, so hi ask me to send money for a phonecard so h can call me, 150 USD.

He had changed his photo 6 times and all of them is fake.
#180914 by DisgustedinNJ Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 am
knatutusau wrote:
Dotti wrote:the
marysaville wrote:Hi there I have recently set up a group on Facebook for all of those who have been scammed by US Army personnel. If you would like to join this group please do. The more people we can get to join the more chance we have of doing something about these horrible people and the more chance we have of stopping them. Pleas come and tell us your story. It will all be treated with the upmost confidence and consideration i promise you that. These guys have to be stopped. Thanke looking forward to hearing from youi all. Love Mary

What is the name of the Facebook group that you set up?
#180945 by Dotti Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:26 pm
The post about the facebook group was from May of 2010. The user has not been back for some time, and I'm not sure if the group even exists any more.

I believe Michelle (Michelle Banks) had a link on her FB to that group, you might be able to look that way. Just keep in mind that FB pages that are not carefully moderated can be a mixed bag--there may be very good information there, but there may be misinformation as well.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#182667 by Dotti Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 pm
The email address is 100% scammer fake.

That means that anyone and anything associated with it, including the "soldier," is fake as well.
The scammer doesn't know the real soldier in the photos. Most likely they are from an old myspace page or something of the kind.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#185226 by LawrenceAlvinVictim Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:55 am
This has also just happened to me. I noticed some of these posts were from exactly one year ago. These scammers must really love to take advantage of lonely people on Christmas. I too have been lonely, and thought that my prayers had finally led me to someone who cared. I try to be good to people, a good friend, and honest person. I pray all the time for a good man and this man completely took advantage of that. He contacted me on facebook, said he was a divorced single father named Lawrence Alvin on his Facebook but said to me he is called "Alvin by name" living in Alabama for more than 6 years. he is from Belgium and said he was a Civil Engineer. He wrote me the most beautiful things. I did not question his writing and broken English as he said he was foreign born. he even called a few times. He talked about real stuff, even described how he love to make fruit in his food dehydrator, and went into detail. (He lifted all of that WORD FOR WORD off of a yahoo forum) In fact, I started googling everything in his messages and found that 90% of it was lifted from lovingyou.com and other similar sites. I also found almost every other scammer site I have been on has people of both sexes who have been scammed by these EXACT same words. They ALL use the same words and phrase. For some reason they also like to say "my dear" a LOT. I found out my "guy" was a fake the day before Christmas. I had been depressed for so long I forgot what it felt like to be so happy and feel so loved. He stole my hopes and my dreams from me. I really fell for him. It has been many many years since I have had someone to love. I was on top of the world, and felt like a different person. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to finally find a kind man. I thought he was just lonely too. Now, i am just in shock and in a daze. He didn't ask me for money thankfully, but that is only because I started questioning him a lot. I wa worried he might be lying about being single as he didn't contact me often in evenings or weekends and always mostly in the morning. Sometimes would take 24 hours to get a new contact, sometimes several a day. He would just ignore them and profess his love with more flowery words. I became persistent at which point he stopped contacting me. I blocked him on FB and made my settings very private. 2 days later he takes all of the info about my family that he got from my page and now tries to send me a friend request from a "Heidi Ford" (no picture just joined FB that day) and said he was my cousin and her account was hacked and not to tell anyone, but could I please give her my families emails and phone numbers and all of that again? "She" claims she lost them. Right. "She" mentioned everyone BY NAME. He really did some reasearch on my family. I am SURE it is the same scammer. I reported them both to FB and to IC3 and here too. I have to update my report with the info on the "woman". So now it is Christmas Eve/Day and I am so depressed I can't get out of bed. I cancelled my plans with my family because I am too sad to do anything. I haven;t felt that good about myself in over 15 years the way he made me feel and to find out it was never even real has been a real blow to me. My self esteem has been very low and I thought "wow" this nice looking kind man really wants a relationship with me. I never thought I would find someone to love me again. he sent me pictures and I really fell for him. I too wish I could find the guy in the pictures and see if he is single. Maybe he would like me, maybe not but i would like to try. Have tried reverse photo search on my own, but nothing. I am thinking of trying a private investigator. I know that sounds pathetic but what if the REAL guy behind the photos is single and actually a nice guy? The worst part of all of this is if I would have found out he had been in a relationship and just hiding it from me it would have been easier to get over than the fact that NOTHING he said to me was EVER real. That is what huts the most. I hope ALL of these scammers end up being tortured in horrible ways in the horrible third world countries. I really do. To prey on lonely people is bad enough, but on Christmas is HORRIBLE. They also pretend to be big churchgoers and Christians and that is what made me believe in him probably more than I should. He even had the nerve to contact me on Christmas Eve as that new person. What kind of people do this?? I just still wish he was real. I am having a hard time getting over that he isn't. I am so much more depressed now than I was before. Yeah, Merry Christmas. Right.
#185230 by Gateway Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:15 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

I am sorry that you are going through this, especially at this time of the year, Scammers just do not care, they are only after one thing...money, they have no conscience at all.

So now it is Christmas Eve/Day and I am so depressed I can't get out of bed. I cancelled my plans with my family because I am too sad to do anything

The best advice is to go to your family and explain to them why you are feeling so down, and depressed, they will understand.

For what it is worth I wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014, believe me things will get better.

If you wish you can email me at
[email protected]

How to get E-Mail Headers
http://www.isipp.com/resources/email-headers/
#186339 by LawrenceAlvinVictim Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:14 am
Thank you so much! I did end up going by my son and daughter-in-law and ended up feeling better just for getting out of town. I also made myself go out for New Year's and saw some old friends that really cheered me up. I really do feel so much better now that the holidays have passed and I can move forward. It was just such a difficult blow to find out the night before Christmas Eve that the person you thought God had finally placed in your path was not only not who he said he was, but was a scammer. I just thought he was lying about being single! It really was devastating to me. These really are some horrible horrible people!!! To do that especially on a holiday is evil. I wonder why they all originate from Africa? Do they just teach people there that that is how to make a living? It is so unfair that more can't be done to stop them and prosecute these people. Anyways, thank you so much for being there. I was really down on myself. Now, I am stronger for it, still lonely, but hopeful for a real future with someone someday. I am done trying my hand at internet dating though! It honestly was my first and last experience.