Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#187979 by jtrty Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:57 pm
Hello, I was wondering whether anyone knew whether the website "electronichotdeal.com" was a reputable, legit business or a fraud. I cannot find any reviews on this website. Check out & payment is made through PayPal. I found them through "Google Shopping" and they're advertising a laptop for about $110 less than Best Buy. I contacted them via e-mail and did receive a reply. There is no phone number listed and their "About" section contradicts the "Contact Us" section.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, John
Last edited by jtrty on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#187984 by AlanJones Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:11 pm
The website was set up in late December and uses privacy protection to hide the name and address of the domain registrant - not something a legitimate business would do.

The About Us information has been stolen from this site http://www.walts.com/about.php, they even forgot to change one of the mentions of the other site's name.

At best you would get a cheap Chinese fake, but more likely they will take your money and run

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#187986 by Con Warner Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:16 pm
electronichotdeal.com wrote:This year electronichotdeal.com is celebrating 50 years of business in Arizona

The internet has been around a long time for me but no .com business has been around for fifty years!
In fact, this website domain was only registered on the 28th of Dec 2014 and for only one year. - A sure sign of a scam, especially from a business that claims to have been around for fifty years.

The text is stolen from walts.com and even includes the "Walts" name.
electronichotdeal.com wrote:This year electronichotdeal.com is celebrating 50 years of business in Arizona. Since 1957 Walt's has been selling and installing quality consumer electronics for thousands of Arizona families.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#187988 by Con Warner Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:25 pm
jtrty wrote:Thank you for your input. Wouldn't I be protected by paying with PayPal?

Image You would be if this site was for real and accepted PayPal but it's a fake and any payments will be either through anonymous cash transfer such as Western Union or Moneygram.

If Paypal is accepted, then it will be through an account of an innocent person or using fake invoices claiming to be from PayPal but accepting payments through money transfer.

You can't buy branded electronic goods cheaper than the brand sets the price at.

It's a fake and if you go ahead, there is only one loser.... Be warned!
Last edited by Con Warner on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quote

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#188019 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:48 pm
The registrar's abuse address is [email protected], who will pass the complaint to Namecheap, who will reply saying they can't do anything. The nameserver is registrar-servers,com, whom I don't know. The hoster is Softlayer, with abuse address [email protected], and the mailserver is Google, and I'm not sure how to get their attention. Try those and see if you get anywhere.

We focus on AFF, 419, fake banks, fake conferences, and things like that. Fake shops don't get in the DB, and I'd want to see evidence that someone's lost money to it before trying to report it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#188321 by Kantucki Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:29 pm
I found Scamwarners a day late after ordering from electronichotdeal.com. I ordered an i7 processor this past Friday, on Saturday I got an email saying order was "Awaiting Fulfillment" and by Monday afternoon I had not heard anything from them. I looked on electonichotdeal .com's website for a phone number but could not find one. I felt like such a fool I called my credit card company and told them what I had done and that I wanted to cancel the order. They said "no worries....if it arrives send it back and call them (card company) or if it doesn't arrive in 10 days to call them and let them know. That took the sweat out of my foolishness a bit.

But this morning I got another email from electronichotdeal.com stating that my order had been shipped with a UPS tracking number included. It should arrive tomorrow afternoon. Now I feel like a doofus.
#188323 by jtrty Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:52 pm
Kantucki wrote:I found Scamwarners a day late after ordering from electronichotdeal.com. I ordered an i7 processor this past Friday, on Saturday I got an email saying order was "Awaiting Fulfillment" and by Monday afternoon I had not heard anything from them. I looked on electonichotdeal .com's website for a phone number but could not find one. I felt like such a fool I called my credit card company and told them what I had done and that I wanted to cancel the order. They said "no worries....if it arrives send it back and call them (card company) or if it doesn't arrive in 10 days to call them and let them know. That took the sweat out of my foolishness a bit.

But this morning I got another email from electronichotdeal.com stating that my order had been shipped with a UPS tracking number included. It should arrive tomorrow afternoon. Now I feel like a doofus.

please post further findings about this business as in product quality, shipping time etc. I'm sure a lot of people would be curious whether they're really legit .
#188337 by dedave Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:54 pm
I ordered a laptop acer from them. Before I did, I contacted paypal and they said no worries.

I also have my CC to back it up. I emailed prior to ordering, the item is not quite 200 bucks cheaper, and not sales tax. They responded and answered my questions directly about the product. (by email) my status is still awaiting shipment. I will give 10 days to ship.

I ordered a Vitamix on ebay from a low feedback seller, with very little recent activity. The item was nearly half price as a refurb. it took awhile to get it, but it was perfect.

I hope they come through. There is nothing negative about the company, and as stated, they seem to be relatively new, with hidden domain registration etc. Found them with google shopping also. Checkout was through another company, domain, but through paypal. The official paypal, not a spoof site.

Dave
#188338 by dedave Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 pm
AlanJones wrote:The website was set up in late December and uses privacy protection to hide the name and address of the domain registrant - not something a legitimate business would do.

The About Us information has been stolen from this site http://www.walts.com/about.php, they even forgot to change one of the mentions of the other site's name.

At best you would get a cheap Chinese fake, but more likely they will take your money and run

Not even close to the walts page.

Electronic Hot Deal
6475 E Pacific Coast Hwy # 324
Long Beach, CA 90803

Then search that address, and you get another electronics company.

Payments go out of country, some mention of panama, probably a tax issue. Paypal guarantees it, and they are verified with paypal.
#188360 by Mumbles Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 pm

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#188408 by dedave Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am
Got a ups tracking number today after filing a dispute last night on paypal. Allegedly is on the truck for delivery today. Weight looks right on package, coming from Louisville, KY, United States.

I will open with UPS guy.
#188418 by qwerty0000 Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 pm
I had purchased a Marantz NR 1504 from Electronichotdeal.com on Jan. 18. I has received all the same emails everone else had minus one for tracking. I had also taken the precautions of using paypal and contacted my credit card provider. I found this post 2 days ago and began to worry, but to my surprise it came this morning, Jan 22. The package was new and all piece were intact. Its exactly what I ordered. Sames like the site is legit.