Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#189577 by Bryon Williams Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 am
The Usa.com address if a free email provider like Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail. The US Military would never use a free email address. Also a Military Member will use a Military email address and not a free email address also.

People, family nor friends need to pay for Soldiers/ Military personnel to go on leave, talk on the phone or use the computer.

The Military provides everything a Soldier needs. Soldiers do not have the time to chat online while deployed. The little time they have is used to communicate with family.

Everything said by the person you are in contact with is a lie. The Fake Commanding Officer at USA.com is also the same scammer. He is playing all roles. Its just another email account he has.

Do not confront the scammer. He will never admit it. He will only keep lying to you. The best thing to do is block him from your email address and/or ignore his text or phone calls.

Please keep in mind, now that he has your email address. He may contact you with a different name and email address.

Never send money via Western Union, Money Gram or Bank Transfer to anyone you met over the internet.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#189637 by Smith Jones Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:02 pm
Hi fakeid, please pay attention to what Bryon has told you. These scammers are all over the dating sites right now and this is one of their favorite ploys. Make sure you have stopped contact and don't buy into what you are being told. These are scammers of the lowest order, preying on our desire to make sure our troops are well taken care of and our love of a hero. If you have had a longer time with this scammer and find it hard to let go and understand what is happening, I know how you feel. While my scammer was not this type, I got wrapped up in his story and had a hard time when I finally saw the truth. Please be safe, let go of this liar, and find someone real who will appreciate you.
#190316 by Jdj73 Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:06 pm
Fakeid,

This is the same guy that tried to scam me. Same name & email address. Do not listen to anything he says. It is all a lie. I almost fell for it until I talked to a family member in the military. No one in the military ever has to pay for leave. He even tried to email me under a new email address saying his has been hacked.
#190321 by Grunt Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:39 pm
email address [email protected]
leads to a profile on tagged

profile pic shows Staff Sgt. Adam Lingo
Jay P
Last Active: a day ago
Tagline: Say Hi and I could just be the man of your dreams
Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Friends, Dating, Serious Relationship
Languages: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Christian
Orientation: Straight

About Me:
I believe there is nothing lost or gained in saying Hi sharing your views,interest and Lets get to know each other,I'm looking for a woman who has special interest in a Uniform man. Well I'm an enlisted member of the US Army and I'm proud serving my country and the world at large meeting new people every where I go and It has been so adventurous. You will find out that I am VERY outgoing and I never meet a stranger,I take life the simplest form and I'm not bothered with the things of the world but to find a lovely woman to share life adventures with me,I am looking for a best friend and not a perfect woman because no one is perfect,Someone to love me just the way I am, My black hair does not dictate I have a bad Spanish temper or anything like that,I really love to make people laugh and give them motivations when ever they look down ad be there to pick them up.I love taking care of others, probably my greatest passion behind singing--yes I can sing! I love listening to good music singing it along. I also love to hike,gardening, hang out with great friends, watch a good movie, swim, walk, and whatever else spontaneously comes to my mind.

#190352 by Smith Jones Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:17 am
Jdj73, thanks for coming here to reinforce your story. I am glad you had wise people in your family to advise you. The military scammers like to use the tale of having to pay to leave, as you have seen, and many have been fooled into thinking that must be so. Looks to me like you spent some time with your scammer before that request happened. I'm sure you are a much better informed online dater now. Please be careful if you continue on online dating sites. Some scammers like this one make themselves obvious, others can catch you unaware.
#197999 by Jdj73 Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:39 am
Pictures of this same guy are being used on the dating site OkCupid and the username that is being used is simplesoldierman. I just ran across this a few minutes ago when I was looking on that site.
#220385 by faerytales Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:50 pm
Yup he is using a different Yahoo mail also been in contact with whom ever this person is and not a happy camper to say the least... I have not made it known that i am on to him as of yet but i had to make sure for myself it was just a gut intuition also my best friend telling me things didnt add up thank you best friend for looking out for me.. anyways user id or email is [email protected] is currently on my yim and still talking to me like we will one day meet up.... Jack Romney:‎ I have been out on a mission for the past couple days and Im just getting back from our outpost to the base.
Jack Romney:‎ Sorry to have got u worried babe but I'm doing pretty cool that was sept 23. Jack Romney:‎ If only you could step inside my heart for just a moment or two you might be overwhelmed by what I feel for you Sep 24 at 12:42 AM Utter bs.. grrr I'm so angry but honestly only have myself to blame as well for being so damn voulnerable
#220391 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:33 pm
@faerytales, I am sorry you ran into this scammer.

Thank you for updating us.

Please stop all communication with him. Do not confront him. He will continue to lie.

Do not say a word to him about knowing he is a scammer and posted here. Just leave him guessing why you are not replying. We do not want him to change his email address and methods. We want other women and friends to see the red flags.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#222892 by Tranelle Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:46 pm
Now he is using the Yahoo email [email protected] and he is on OKCupid with the user name DreamLover2226. I started questioning him when he first told me his name was Jason and then when he asked me to contact his CO to get him leave he told me his name was Jack Romney. First, I have never heard of family members that request leave for someone, especially since the address he told me to email it to was [email protected] and I know that is not a military address. I have no idea if he knows that I am on to him, but we will see when he contacts me later. People like that make me sick.

He told me his mom died of cancer, his wife died in a car accident 4 years ago, his dad is 74 and in bad health and he has two sisters that he is not close with. Luckily I did not tell him much personal information, just generic info that I would tell the person sitting next to me on the bus.
#222893 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:55 pm
Thank you for the update Tranelle.

Please do not tell him that he is posted here. Also, do not let him know that you know he is a scammer. Just stop all contact from him and ignore him. Keep him guessing where he messed up.

If you have further questions, just ask.