Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#184604 by Terminator5 Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:51 pm
http://www.nationaljobbank.com/index.cf ... obid=34199

Data Entry,Clerical Admin,Receptionist
Job Posted: 11/20/2013
Posted by: Crg mystery shoppers

Job Description:
We are here to inform you that our company is offering a job opportunity.The Name of the company is Merrill Lynch & Company Inc, this branch recruiting is Located on (4 World Financial Center250 Vesey Street New York,NY 10080 United States) to know more about our company logon to http://www.ml.com ABOUT US :MerrillLynch is one of the world’s premier providers of wealth management, securities trading and sales, corporate finance and investment banking services.. They represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms,hire 40 percent of high tech workers, and produce 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms. This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $35 per hour training is $20 per hour Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance,Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts. The positions available are Accounting Clerk,Payroll, and please let us know which are you applying for? If you are interested in any of the position listed, please you are required to email us your resume to enable us know the position you are requreing for... You are to email your resume to our Hiring department for reviewing([email protected])... Thank you and we hope to review your resume and reply back to you as soon as posible.
Category Listing:
Administration/Clerical

Salary:
$40,001 - $50,000

City, State(s):
New York, CA, FL, HI, LA, MN
USA

Contact Name:
Alison A. Quirk

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#187088 by mbutts01 Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:20 pm
Is this a scam I was contacted yesterday by Mr. John Olson and I was interviewed on hangout seemed suspicious. I was originally contacted by a text message from 6017591045 from a Ms. Angela Bradly from Merrill Lynch & Company Inc stating my resume has been viewed and forwarded to our head department. She asked me if I was still interested in the job. I said yes and asked if I had gmail or hangout I said yes I do and hangout and that was where I was interviewed she told me to reference [email protected]

Removed personal information. (BW)
#187089 by Bryon Williams Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:27 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners mbutts01,

Yes, it is a scam the real Merrill Lynch would not use a gmail address nor do online interviews.

If you can not meet your employer face to face then consider it a scam. Only scammers use free email address and conduct interviews online.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#187110 by Terminator5 Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:43 am
Thanks for posting and updating the record . I'll investigate the new details you posted tomorrow . Your post here will help to warn others .

#188594 by zeyvon209 Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 pm
Hey guys,

I'm new here and was also researching this very same interview over text messages thing with Mr. John Olson and Ms. Angela Bradly who texted me the day before out of the blue using this number 914 222 3401 and then later used this number 601 759 1045 to set up the interview with Mr John Olson and gave me the verification code HR3201. I did the interview with "him" earlier today and he told me that I got the job but I needed to report back tomorrow morning at 8am so we could go over some more stuff. The whole thing was done using Google Hangout App. Anyway, I'm suppose to receive some paper work in the mail and a check to purchase all the equipment and supplies I will need in order to complete the job which is suppose to be a data entry job at home for $35/hr for 45hrs a week. After I did the interview, I got very skeptical about the whole thing because I find it very strange and weird, plus the job offered just seem way too good to be true and that's why I was researching it. Though I didn't give them any confidential information as far as SS#, bank account#, birthday and the such, I did give them my full name, address, phone # and email address. Could those information be use for identity theft?? Maybe it's not much cause for concern, but I can't help but worry about it.
Just thought I'd share this.
#188596 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners zeyvon209,

You have nothing to worry about with the information you have given the scammer.

You may receive a fake check in the mail. Just rip it up, refuse delivery or give the envelope, check and printed emails to your Banks Fraud Dept.

Please stop all communication with the scammer. Do not inform him that you know it is a scam. If you receive a fake check the scammer may send you fake threats. Just ignore them too.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#188598 by zeyvon209 Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:41 pm
Thanks Bryon, at least that gives me some peace of mind.

Why would someone do such a thing with the economy as it is and with so many people actually trying to get a job? It is absolutely ridiculous.

And why hasn't Merrill Lynch done something about this? After all, their name is being use for this kinda stuff.

I know you may not have the answers for my questions and that's totally fine cause you don't need to worry about them anyway, however it just infuriates me that someone would do something like this.

In any case, I'll follow your advice regarding the check, paper work etc. and I'll stop all communication.

Thanks again!!!
#188600 by Dotti Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 pm
Why would someone do such a thing with the economy as it is and with so many people actually trying to get a job?

Because they would rather steal your money than work for their own. To them, the number of people looking for jobs is a bonus, as it means more potential victims for them.

And why hasn't Merrill Lynch done something about this?

There's nothing they can do about it. These people are sitting in another country, using free email addresses, registered with fake information, with no connection to Merrill Lynch. The company has no way of knowing that these scams are happening, or who is being contacted with the fake offers. The most they can do is complain to the email or website providers when someone tells them about a fake--and it will take the scammer less than 2 minutes to create a new one. We actually prefer that free email addresses not be killed, because if the scammer changes email addresses, new victims won't find the warnings.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#190087 by jfish84 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:48 pm
Thought I'd share a similar experience as well! Just happened to me within the past half hour... I thought it was super weird for the company to be contacting me about a job via text, so I've been researching it!

I was texted by "Mr. Cole Thompson" from a Michigan number (989) 546-0318 for a position as a "Receptionist/Customer Service Representative/Data Entry" in Madison Heights, MI. Turns out there is no Merrill Lynch Co. in Madison Heights.. And the $25/hr pay seemed a little crazy!

Guess that's what you get for posting your resume online! Ugh.
#192159 by lizs11 Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:48 am
I received a text from a Cole Thompson from a 989 area code Thursday afternoon. Told me he received my resume, but when I asked from who he did not respond. Told me they were planning on hiring about 16 people to open a new branch in my area so I can work remotely or from the office. He said someone would contact me via yahoo messenger for an interview. I did inform him I only have gmail and not yahoo messenger, would that work, but that is when he no longer responded. I was questioning this the whole time, but also was sort of hoping that would be the case since I would love to work remotely doing clerical work or even data entry.
#192161 by Terminator5 Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:23 am
You'll find that 99.99% of those work at home jobs are either Fraud or some other gray area ripoff . The one using yahoo messenger is definitely fraud , its known as the money mule scam . Your welcome to update the record here and post a transcription of the text if you like . Make sure to remove any of your personal details . Your also welcome to post the phone number it originated from . Thanks for posting here .

#194400 by Georgia Woman Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:44 pm
I just finished a hangout interview with him if your not smart enough you will fall for the scam he said at the end of the year I will be given a house and car really then said after I give him my info I will receive a free he laptop all o have to do is provide him with 350 so he can install the soft ware I would need to begin wrk on Friday I knew it was a scam beware of them