Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#194585 by curlypen Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:26 pm
Hi

new to site, but I just wanted to say thanks for the very useful info on this topic. like others I have a car on sale on autotrader and today got a text saying contact yourcashprice.com for a offer near to asking. thought it was too good to be true so googled them and came across this site and thred, so big thanks everyone for saving me any hassle

site is great, keep up the good work :D
Advertisement

#194700 by k8 selling golf Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:55 pm
hi, just registered on this site.

I thankfully did a search regarding the site yourcashprice.com which i received in part of a text after registering to sell my car on Autotrader at the weekend.
The number from the text is: +44745934666, received on 19 March 14. I am very glad i found the detailed info on here describing what the scam is, so thanks very much.
for info: Looks like the website has now been removed.

thx again k8! :=)
#194701 by TerranceBoyce Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners 'curlypen' & 'k8 selling golf' and thanks for mentioning our warnings have been successful.

If a buyer asks YOU for money - then it's a scam and if you see this on a website there's no doubt.

If they change the design we'll post the new version here as soon as it's detected.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#194707 by TerranceBoyce Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:42 pm
I'm afraid that all vehicle ad sites are magnets for scammers and many people don't know or understand the risks.

You're selling, but I pick up something like 100 fraudulent sales adverts every night on Autotrader UK and every night dealer accounts are getting hacked, and how many people would realise that even dealer adverts can be frauds, and I only point out the ones where there's no doubt.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#196377 by AlanJones Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:43 am
Thank you for posting the new URL urban mayhem.

The site autotradebuyer.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

autotradebuyer.com
Telephone : 0207 1830 747

Address : FREEPOST TG-1826. London. NW5 3RR ‎

Web : autotradebuyer.com
Email : [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#227890 by mellorman Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:33 am
New one as of today, we have a car on Autotrader. contacted by text today , same company as above trading as sameday-trader.com .

The doamin name was only registered yesterday. Googled sameday-trader.com and no info apart from their site and hopefully soon , this page!!

Same website used as screenshots above
#227896 by TerranceBoyce Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:16 am
Welcome to Scamwarners mellorman and your post will help a lot of people to avoid getting scammed by these criminals.

The poor spelling, punctuation and grammar is a warning. It's also very naughty that they put this at the bottom of their webpage

AUTOTRADER © 2012 PRIVACY POLICY

.. suggesting that they are somehow connected with them.

In the terms & conditions

www.sameday-trader.com is the website which trades under the business name of AutoTrader

Obviously they have no connection with Autotrader and I imagine that Autotrader will be very unhappy about any site making such false claims.

Domain Name: sameday-trader.com
Registry Domain ID: 1885863415_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.ascio.com
Registrar URL: http://www.ascio.com
Updated Date: 2014-11-18T02:14:53Z
Creation Date: 2014-11-18T02:14:42Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-11-18T02:14:50Z
Registrar: Ascio Technologies, Inc
Registrar IANA ID: 106
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: Email Masking [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +44.2070159370
Reseller:
Domain Status: OK
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Carl Jenkins
Registrant Organization: Group Trader
Registrant Street: High Street
Registrant City: Epsom
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: KT19 8BE
Registrant Country: GB
Registrant Phone:
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Host Master
Admin Organization: One.com
Admin Street: Kalvebod Brygge 24
Admin City: Copenhagen V
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 1560
Admin Country: DK
Admin Phone: +45.46907100
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +45.70205872
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: Email Masking [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Host Master
Tech Organization: One.com
Tech Street: Kalvebod Brygge 24
Tech City: Copenhagen V
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 1560
Tech Country: DK
Tech Phone: +45.46907100
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +45.70205872
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: Email Masking [email protected]
Name Server: ns01.one.com
Name Server: ns02.one.com

Registrar Info
Name ASCIO TECHNOLOGIES, INC. DANMARK - FILIAL AF ASCIO TECHNOLOGIES, INC. USA
Whois Server whois.ascio.com
Referral URL http://www.ascio.com
Status OK
Important Dates
Expires On November 18, 2015
Registered On November 18, 2014
Updated On November 18, 2014

#227921 by mellorman Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:17 pm
It's actually thanks to you , Terrance, for your comprehensive post.

When I first googled sameday-trader.com, the only references to it on google were links to its own pages. ( I would love to know how he got the site indexed )

I only managed to find your site and the relevant post by googling for a chunk of his text

I then wrote a post on my blog, see here http://mellorview.wordpress.com/2014/11 ... rader-com/
and linked back to your site. My site is indexed by Google almost hourly and within minutes our mutual friend was featuring on Google in his true colours. It is currently getting about 60 views an hour and I have had messages thanking me for the post. We can all feel we have done our bit to stop a number of people being taken in by these scum. It is good to think that the power of the internet works both ways.

Keep up the good work on here.
#228036 by TerranceBoyce Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 am
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/safety_and_security_centre

Staying safe on Auto Trader

Fraudulent text message in circulation
Wednesday 19 November 2014
Please be aware of text messages or emails being sent to you asking you to pay a deposit in order to secure the sale of your vehicle. They will say this is to secure an appointment to take advantage of this offer. The website customers are being asked to visit is http://www.sameday-trader.com/ This is not a genuine offer, and this website is in no way affiliated with Auto Trader. If you have sent a deposit please contact Action Fraud immediately on 0300 123 2040 www.actionfraud.police.uk