Information on romance scams and scammers.
#189576 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ginasugarsweet,

Please keep in mind that he will always lie to you. If you confront him he will make up new lies and deny being a scammer. It is best just to ignore further communication from him. Do not inform him that he is on anti fraud/scam sites. He will only change his fake name, email address and stolen new pictures. When this happens potential victims can not search his fake information and find sites like this to warn them. We will only learn of his new activities after a possible successful scam on a woman.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#189937 by ebrima9455 Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:28 pm
A man named Captain Andre Graham, 41 stationed in Afghanistan, sent a message to my email claiming to be looking for a relationship, he sent me pictures that I know are stolen from some website. After chatting with him for about 2 weeks, he mentioned that he was about to be transferred to Syria and he was afraid and would i request a leave for him from his Commanding officer. Well, the so-called commanding officer sent me an email stating that Andre's Leave Permit was approved and that i have to send $380 via Western Union. NO way am I falling for this. I knew this man was a scam all along but didn't let him know it. Has anyone received mail from a Captain Andre Graham ([email protected])? From this day on all communication with this person will end.
#193314 by Brendah Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:09 pm
These military people don't have families to contact? They can't get their friends to find them a fake fiance to request their leave, they need to contact a total stranger that should tell you it's a scam. Not saying making your family request your leave is something real.
#195070 by luvspoohbear69 Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 am
I have a person that I met on Match.com that is supposedly an officer stationed in Afghanistan, he is stating that I have to send a letter to his commanding officer requesting a non-military leave for him and that it will cost $1800 to procure his paperwork. Then he tells me that his bank account is messed up, that is why he needs to borrow the money from me.

I have several family members as well as friends that were in the military and I have never heard of anyone being able to put in a request like that, never mind have to pay for it. Please beware of anyone using [email protected]....he is a total scam artist!!!
#195583 by STARR1969 Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:28 am
I TOO WAS SENT RECENTLY AN E-MAIL FROM A CAPTAIN ANDRE GRAHAM,44 YEARS OF AGE. HE SAYS, HE'S STATIONED IN AFGHANISTAN AND HAS BEEN IN THE ARMY FOR 16 YEARS. HIS WIFE AMANDA DIED 8 YEARS AGO DURING CHILDBIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER, CHLOE. OF COURSE, I RESPONDED BECAUSE MY RELATIONSHIP IS ON THE BRINKS AND HE WAS SAYING SO MANY NICE THINGS. HE ASKED ME TON'S OF QUESTIONS BUT NEVER ONCE DID HE EVER MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT MONIES OF ANY SORT. HE TOLD ME HE HAS A HOME IN DENVER, COLORADO AND LIVERPOOL. CURRENTLY, THAT IS WHERE IS DAUGHTER CHLOE IS LIVING WITH A NANNY. I'M A SUCKER FOR ROMANCE! BUT THE OTHER STORIES I HAVE READ DON'T GIVE AS MUCH INFORMATION THAT I HAVE. WE JUST STARTED INSTANT MESSAGING IN THE MORNING HOURS MY TIME WAS 5:50 A.M. CST. WE INSTANT CHATTED FOR 2 HOURS AND HE HAD MORE QUESTIONS FOR ME. THE QUESTIONS HE'S ASKING SEEM TRULY SINCERE. HERE ARE SOME OF THEM: DO YOU LIKE TO SURPRISE PEOPLE? DO YOU LIKE QUIET PLACES OR LOUD? DO YOU BELIEVE IN ROMANCE? WHAT'S MY FAVORITE MUSIC? DO I LIKE KID'S? WHAT DO I THINK THE ROLE OF A MOTHER IS? DO YOU LIKE YOUSELF THE WAY YOU ARE? WHAT THINGS MAKE YOU HAPPY? WHO IS YOUR ROLE MODEL? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? DO I LIKE ICECREAM? WHAT KIND OF THINGS DO I LIKE TO DO? IF I'M A SHY PERSON? DO I HAVE ANY PET PEEVES? WHAT OUTDOOR GAMES DO I LIKE? WHEN YOUR FEELING LONELY, WHAT DO I DO? DO I GET ANGRY EASILY AND HOW DO I DEAL WITH MY FEELINGS? THERE'S SO MANY MORE BUT I WON'T POST. HE ALSO SENT ME 3 PICTURES, THE FIRST ONE WAS HE WAS SITTING AT HIS DESK IN UNIFORM, THE SECOND WAS A PICTURE OF HIS DAUGHTER,CHLOE IN A RED DRESS AND HIM WITHOUT A SHIRT AND BLUE JEANS, THE THIRD WAS PICTURE OF HIM AND ANOTHER GUY DRINKING A BUDWEISER BEER. I HAVE A 17 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND SHE SAID, MOM WHAT IF HE'S CATFISHING YOU. IT'S A SHOW ON MTV, WHERE PEOPLE TALK ON LINE OR SKYPE AND SEND PICTURES, THEN THEY WANT TO MET THEM AND THE 2 GUYS HELP THEM AND THE TRUTH IS REVEALED. SOME TURN OUT FINDING REAL LOVE WHILE OTHERS WERE JUST BEING USED. SO, I HAVE KEPT MY GUARD UP BUT I'M STILL CURIOUS. IS THAT WRONG? I DO FEEL SOMETHING FOR HIM.. BUT I ALWAYS CONSTANTLY REMIND ANDRE THAT I HATE LIARS OF ANY SORT. HE EVEN GAVE ME HIS BIRTHDAY FEBRUARY 22,1966 AND HIM AND HIS DAUGHTER SHARE THE SAME BIRTHDAY, DIFFERENT YEAR OF COURSE. HE ALSO TOLD ME WHAT PART OF THE REGION HE WAS AT KABUL,AFGHANISTAN. I'M SUCH A TRUSTING PERSON BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE MADE A FOOL OF EITHER. IF I CAN HELP OTHER'S I WILL CONTINUE TO CHAT WITH HIM BUT THE DAY HE BRINGS UP ANY TYPE OF MONEY, THEN I'M OUT! TO ebrima9455 DID HE SHARE ANY OF THIS INFO WITH YOU? WHAT DID HE LOOK LIKE SO WE CAN COMPARE? ANYTHING YOU CAN GIVE ME WILL BE HELPFUL? WHEN I THREATENED HIM AND SAID I WAS NO LONGER INTERESTED, WE STARTED INSTANT CHATTING. I ALSO HAVE OTHER E-MAILS FOR HIM, THESE ARE THEM: [email protected] and i for got the new one he just gave me for instant chat. I WILL GET IT AND POST AGAIN. THANKS TO ALL YOU BRAVE YOUNG WOMAN.
#195587 by Dotti Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:57 am
I'm going to be quite blunt here as you are heading down a risky path.

What you are describing is bog-standard African romance scammer. And it IS a scammer, absolutely no doubt about that. That was clear very shortly into your summary, without even looking at the report from the other woman he attempted to scam. Even if we ignore the fact that soldiers in Afghanistan are far too busy with their duties and do not have hours to sit and chat with strangers online (real soldiers are spending the precious little time they have for chatting staying in contact with their loved ones back home!), he proved himself to be a scammer beyond any doubt with the story about the "daughter" which contains a typical African scammer mistake.

What you are describing is also NOT new, and the level of detail is actually quite typical. Many of the scams posted here include many hours of chat (sometimes hundreds of hours) in addition to the posted emails. We just don't have the victims post a lot of the chats because the victims have often revealed much of their own personal information in their chats.

He is NOT sincere.
Hundreds of scammers have asked those exact same questions before. They don't ask because they are interested, and they don't actually care what the answers are, except when those answers will help them to better scam you. They are NOT sincere questions, and the scammer is too lazy to even make up his own questions--he will have copied them from a previous victim or from websites online. He asks because (a)He wants you to think he is really interested in you and (b) it is easier for him to ask you a bunch of questions than to carry on a real conversation.

FIRST ONE WAS HE WAS SITTING AT HIS DESK IN UNIFORM

The person in that photo is an innocent soldier who has nothing to do with this scam. You have seen NO photos of the young African man who is actually sitting at the computer. The picture of the "daughter" is also a stolen victim of a young girl he has never met.

NEVER ONCE DID HE EVER MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT MONIES OF ANY SORT.
He's still "setting the scene" so to speak. While a few impatient scammers will start talking money right away, an experienced scammer will wait until he is certain his victim believes she is in love before asking for money. Some scammers will wait days, others weeks or even months.

The best thing you can do is cut off all contact with this scammer immediately. If you confront him, he will only lie to you. He does this for a living. Romantic emails and chats are nothing but a business to him, and he sees his victims as nothing more than foolish women, meant to be manipulated for his own benefit. He will say anything, without hesitation, if he thinks it will get him money, and he couldn't care less if you (or any other women he is scamming--and there will be others, even if he is scamming them under a different name) end up hurt as a result of the scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#200651 by nia marisa Thu May 08, 2014 4:43 pm
dear friend please help me is he scammer??? we are meet from dating site we love each other and he said he want to meet me.but i must help out from war zone he was posted in kabul afghanistan..he ask me to write the letter and send it to the UN the email addres of UN is [email protected]
and i do what he askme just to write application leave writen my name and his name.
and the UN replay me back they send me request leave paper seems like original..they ask me to fill up the paper and send back to them..but they need me to pay for admin in amount 345 $ hey said just for processing his leave request..which i need to send one officer in thailad addres only in thailand embassy provide.
#200655 by AlanJones Thu May 08, 2014 4:54 pm
Yes he is a scammer:

1. Soldiers do not pay for leave.
2. The UN does not get involved in the leave of soldiers.
3. The real UN would not use a free email address like [email protected].
4. If the US military or the UN were ever to need to receive money from someone (which wouldn't happen), they would not ask for it to be sent to a random person in Thailand.

The soldier you are communicating with doesn't exist - he is a young African man in an Internet cafe.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#200704 by Smith Jones Thu May 08, 2014 11:12 pm
Hi Nia, yes, you are in contact with a scammer. I know this is hard because you have fallen for him and he is using love as a trap for you in asking for money. You need to stop contact with him, as his sole goal, even if he would say it is not, is to get money from you. That is it. He says he loves you because he believed he could get you to send money. He is not who he says he is. He is a scammer, filling your head with lies and telling you tales about paperwork and what it takes to leave. Alan is right- this how it works for military scammers. And they steal the details and identities of real soldiers so we will believe it and be swayed by them being the heroes we admire.
I too fell in love with someone I thought was a real person and they turned out to be a scammer. They tell such great stories and have ways to make us want to fall in love when all we wanted was a connection with someone. You didn't deserve it, you didn't ask for it, but now you must understand it. Do not send any money. This is not real. He is not real.
#208330 by jolena73 Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 am
I am wondering if there is a way to check out the "guy" I am supposed to be seeing. I have no clue if he is real or not. I have not sent any money to him. but I am just feeling really deluded right now.I am supposed to send $750.20 via a MoneyPac card from Walmart.
#208331 by AlanJones Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:36 am
See my response to your other post - he is a scammer using a free email address and this just confirms it:

jolena73 wrote:I am supposed to send $750.20 via a MoneyPac card from Walmart.

Soldiers do not need random individuals on the Internet to pay for leave, calling cards or whatever other lie he has told you to convince you to send money. The Military look after their soldiers and they have no need to go begging to strangers.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#212859 by Leyla Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:19 am
Hello there!

I have now the same experience.... with some Senior Sgt. "Chris Ryan Jackson" from Montana, in this time in Turkey like Air Force.....haha. He wounds up me a longer time.... and yes, he is very charming in emails... BUT when he asked me for spouse leave, that we can spend our time together, when i send some request to this email address:
[email protected]
So i did this. But i checked some informations in official websites and there are some informations very beneficial to me.
Firstly he said about 14 days, then about 3 months leave..... it was a little suspicious.
I have very good intuitions abilities. But i need confirm it in my rational thought...
for a long time i didnt have any proofs...
THANKS this website, to your experience i am sure, it is a scam!
It is dirty game on his part, this is my reason to publish his "data":
I also laugh that I came to this scam, finally, it also asked me money (supposedly the major Hansen, who supposedly answered), namely 1.000, - USD for the execution of such leave as a fee for the processing and communication.

alleged soldier:
Chris Ryan Jackson, 45, born 28th November 1968
badoo.com - nick from Chris from Montana, Helena
Skype name: Chris Jackson, Montana, Helena
facebook: Ryan Jackson, gmail: [email protected]
Officer Name: Jackson, Chris
Military ID: AF1105920
Country of Deployment: Turkey
Base: Incirlik Air Base, Turkey Incirlik

email contact of Mr.. "Major Ryan Hansen" haha is majorhansen.USAirForce @ usa.com

Naturally, I was suspicious that they had me written off from such institutions without their contact details., Without letterhead! Without any possibility for me to verify the information.

Of course, it is also disappointing, but I expected it to be a lie, all the time, so I'm glad I did not believe it.

Also, like this beautiful story Chris presented as disappointed in love, what is the lone parents died he said, sister lives in London and is alone and wants to start a new life with me, left to me by the army ..... .......
In short, it was too perfect and fetched when I read it all.
Can not someone to love over the internet, nevertheless, is not it?

Please, sorry for my english, sorry sorry. I am very bad in languages, and I am Slovakian woman. So.. i want only say my story for some women, which may be deceived in a similar way, and let it be as a warning to you who are reading this.
I would never have sent my money just someone who writes soft soap me via email ...

So, good luck for every decent man...
BYE! :wink:
#213209 by Gala999 Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:46 pm
Sequel to your recent application requesting for the
leave
applicable to a soldier (Leave) for your FIANCE Capt
Austin Fred,stationed with 10th Field Artillery
Regiment Association Society of the 3rd Infantry
Division, U.S. Army in the Kabul Base,
Afghanistan, We got the payment you have made
as requested for the
leave of your fiance Capt Austin Fred. We are in half
way of getting his flight confirmed and give you the
new details and to know what time you will be
picking him up at the airport.......Mean while there
will be a replacement for any of our amiable soldier
leaving war zone,more so an invitation will be sent
to another soldier in state to be
available here in war zone to occupy Capt Austin
Fred duty...In due
course there will be a replacement charges listed as
follows

(A) Flight Fees of replacement officer Us$832
(B) Liberty Pass Card $230
(c) medical fees $400
(C) We don't force you to honor this payment
against your WILL or WISH....All the fee cost of this
money will be refund back to you as
soon as your husband is right there with you cos he
will be given a leave bonus. On this occasion we
remember our fallen soldiers that have serve well.

Name......michael truitt

Address....768 penn street

City....Meadville

State.....pennsylvania

Zipcode....16335

NOTE....THIS PAYMENT MUST BE PAID WITHIN 48
HOURS OF RECEIVING THIS EMAIL

Thanks for your sincerity.
Accept my Congratulations.
Yours faithfully,
Commander Derrick Codner
1st battalion.