Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#196481 by sweetmel Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:23 am
I received this email from Vincent Charlmagne see below. and also from his bank HSBC....asking for $300 to open an account so funds can b transferred there and then I can use that account to transfer funds to any other bank I choose. if needed I will send that email as well.

How are you doing? i have now issued a letter of authority to my finance firm appointing you as my beneficiary and you are now the sole beneficiary to this fund totalling $2,000,000.00 USD for you and your family. also write to me as soon as the funds get to you please let me know.The contact details and email of my personal account officer is below and you have to contact him immediately via email [email protected]) or you can also reach him via phone as I have already issued the authority to them and they will be expecting to hear from you so that they can arrange on how the funds will be transferred to your personal account via an online bank to bank wire system, I want you to contact Mr.Marc Moses stating only my deposit Reference ID no: 19111321 and your full name along with your phone contact..... For easy trace of my file.

Note that you "MUST" first open a new online paying bank account with my paying finance group before your $2,000,000.00 USD USD will be paid to the new online bank account so you can have an open/secured access to your new bank account online and then information will also be provided on how you can personally transfer your $2,000,000.00 USD to your local account within 24 hours without providing your personal bank account information to anyone, if you follow the instructions from our finance firm directly within the next three (3) working days you will have this funds transferred to your account and available for use.

Bank Name: HSBC HOLDINGS BANK
Contact Person: Mr.Marc Moses
Executive Director and Group Chief Risk Officer
Bank Tel Number: +1-910-541-3290
Mr. Marc Moses Email: [email protected]

I wish you and your family the timeless treasures of Christ, the warmth of home, the love of family and the company of good friends because lot of friends will come around now.

Best Regards,

Vincent Charlemagne
Advertisement

#196489 by HillBilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:41 am
This scammer that sent you this scam mail did try to forge a good story. There is a such person as Mark Moses, and he is working for the bank :
http://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc/leadership/marc-moses

However, it does say plainly on the page :
Mr Moses lives in North London and is married with four children. He is a keen Arsenal supporter and enjoys playing tennis.

The # they gave you is located in North Carolina, and is a VOIP #. Combined with the fact that the email address they gave is a free and anonymous hotmail address, not a bank domain .com address, this is truly a scam.

Information on phone number range +1 910 541XXXX
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Topsail Island, NC
Original network provider* Charter Fiberlink Nc-cco, Llc - Nc

#196525 by vonpaso xlura Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:21 am
The writing looks more African than French or Canadian. Why would a Canadian win a lotto in US dollars, and why would he insist that you open an account at a particular bank, which is in North Carolina, not in or next to Canada?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10