You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#197133 by [email protected] Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 pm
dont know what to say bout this,but i'll post it anyway :laugh-s:
Contact Bank for Payment
PERSONAL
x

Guinness Promotions
Apr 9 (2 days ago)

to me
Congratulations Mmarsha Edwards,

Your data have been confirmed by the accreditation/screening committee of the Guinness promotions. This means that you have been officially cleared for the payment of $1,500,000.00 (One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars). Your details have been forwarded to Bank; they will handle the transfer of your money to your account.

The scanned copy of your award certificate is attached to this email, please download it for confirmation. The original copy of the certificate will be sent to you via courier to your address after you have received your money. Please forward this certificate to the bank whose details is stated below:

Bank Contact Information
===========================================
Bank Name: Tesco Bank
Contact Person: Peter Bole
Position Held: Chief Financial Officer (CFO Edinburgh, United Kingdom)
Department: Account Department
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
Tel: + (44) 708 646 5337
Fax: + (44) 843 265 1854
===========================================

The certificate will serve as a confirmation of you being a beneficiary. This organization needs you to strictly adhere to the instruction of keeping the information of being a beneficiary to yourself, so as to avoid multiple claims and impersonation. Final date for claim is April 17th, 2014. Congratulations.

Bradon Taylor
Guinness Representative
Hotline: +447024075660
Hours for Call: 8:00am - 6:00pm GMT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
Copyright © 2014. Guinness Promotions.
PDF
Mmarsha Edwards (Guinness Certificate).pdf
i stopped replying to them when they wanted money.hope they send me the check thou,hang it on the wall as a reminder of whats out there :=)
Advertisement

#197136 by Dotti Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:41 pm
It appears you already realize that it is a scam. Of course, you can't win a lottery you haven't entered, and companies don't just hand money out to random people via email. Numbers starting with 4470 are not real UK numbers--they are redirect numbers used by scammers who are only pretending to be in UK when they are in another country.

While there is a variation of the lottery scam in which the scammers send the victim a check, with instructions to cash it and use the money to pay the "fees," I can't say from what you have posted whether this particular scammer intends to do that. If they do send a check, it will be fraudulent, and attempting to cash it would not be wise. If you do get a check and want to keep it as a souvenir, just make sure you are aware of any legal concerns (in many places clearly marking it as void or fraudulent in permanent ink will be enough to prevent problems, but in some cases merely possessing a fake check can be illegal.)

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.