Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#198031 by modaboda Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:08 am
Is there somewhere on here to report a scam buyer in response to an advert i placed on craigs list?

This person got back asking if the item was still available?

Then sent me this. Looks like a scam to me. :roll:

Thanks for getting back to me.....am getting it for my son in United State for Birthday Gift an am offing you £250GBP for it and £40GBP for the shipping fee via Royal mail and the method of payment you want me to use so as for me to send out the payment asap

Thanks.
Linda.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: 14k gold ring.
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:10:48 +0100
Advertisement

#198062 by tazmanian Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:53 pm
Please reproduce the full email (with your own details removed) and the header if possible.

And yes, it looks like a scam.
#198078 by HillBilly Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:52 pm
it looks like the beginnings of a fake check scam. But there is no incriminating evidence so far.

Please post other details, such as the email headers (removing your own info first), we can give you more details after you give details.

#198079 by Bryon Williams Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:09 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners modaboda,

Yes, it is a scam. There are clues in the messages he sent you. Please sell your ring face to face with a buyer in a public place with cash.

This scam can be used by sending a fake check, flashed bank account transfers or fake Paypal payments.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/