If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#169673 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:34 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Played,

Thank you for posting [email protected]

Yes, in the next couple of emails you can expect the money request. I am sorry you lost valuable time with this scammer. Yet, happy you have not lost any money to him. Just keep in mind to never send money to anyone for any reason that you met over the internet. Scammers have all I kinds of reasons to separate you and your money. Also, you will find more scammers on Dating sites than real people looking for love.

Now, just ignore him. Do not email, chat or text him anymore. He will will only lie more if confronted. It is just best to keep him wondering how and where he messed up. We like to keep scammer uninformed and less educated on their mistakes. If he would learn that he was posted here. He would get a new email address in 5 minutes. Then we will only find him again with another victim.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#192335 by Firewater Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:37 am
I met this one on Rendez Vous, a dating site. He goes by the name of Philip Martins.

He caleed from a bizzar phone number +234971509683697
Seems to be another Nigerian phone number. I didn't answer.

Thanks scamwarners for the heads up!

--------------

Hello my wonderful one. How are you today? Am so sorry about the dog, please dont let it wear you down. Thank you so much for the photo, you have got two pretty princesses and you the beautiful queen. its a nice photo. I really cant explain Why i am getting addicted to my email?
lol. I get a good glow on my face just waking up to read from you. I knew something was missing since i havent smiled all morning till now,lol.I woke up late, i think i am becoming restful again, Maybe i could sense something good ahead of us.

What wouldn't i do to make my dreams come true. It is like a rigger waiting for a trigger. Would you be my trigger? lol. I just need a woman to hold me before i am old. Absolutely i have come to know that we spend the most of our life seeking for the secondary needs, while our primary needs are left unseen. We have worked so hard and attained some wealth right? but for what purpose? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. All the millions are useless indeed. how much do we need to eat? How much do we need for shelter?
how much do we need for daily fun. excess and excess leads us to vanity. But for few of us who value the simplicity, we sure would do well in finding happiness. As i always say, money can buy a good bed, but never will money buy sleep. it can buy the best diamond watch, but can never buy time, It can buy piles of books , but cant buy knowledge.. It can buy food, but not satisfaction, Money can buy sex, but can NEVER buy love. That is why , i refuse to follow the crowd, so as my own man, i would give up all that can be bought for that which cant be bought. I want true joy and happiness. I want my woman to have power over my moods,. she can make me smile in all weather.

I am glad that i could get your attention my dear. You have a special thing in your heart, and i intend to find out what it is. It could take a lifetime to figure, but i dont mind,lol. Please tell me about your ideology of life my dear. I will be waiting impatiently to hear from you.

Regards,
I like your eyes.
kisses

Philip

On 2/24/14, :
>

Another one:

I really appreciate this consistent communication and i will say it is
a sign of will, and i tell you where there is a will there is success ahead.
I believe we both know that Love is not a destination but a journey
and this is a journey that takes two to walk. I mean two souls who
understand ahead that they aren't in for a kid walk, and what they
have ahead is the most important mission in life. A place meant for
true people,it is a place called joy and happiness.Really i just see
in your face that i can live with this woman, not the beauty part alone, but the depth of your soul.

As i could remember, as a kid i was a very cute one,lol. One whom many
bullies would target, but only to realize there is a tough side to me.
I could make a sober person dance. i could affect one with my smile. I
grew up having more older friends. Many would confide in me. To tell
you, i am a type that doesn't judge. no matter how dirty you may be,
just come clean to me, and i will give you support.

There is no Mr right until we make him right. A relationship is never
about how much at the beginning but how much we could make it grow
into. My old friend and pastor would tell me, if you aren't ready to
feel or look stupid, then don't fall in love ,lol But sincerely that
is the bitter truth. He told me that the fact that something good ends
doesn't mean something better can't start. Can you prove that right? I
have come to realize that let a man write a better book, let him
preach a better sermon, let him sing the best of songs, let him gain
wealth beyond dreams, he is reduced to nothing except he has a woman to call, my wife, my best friend and co-pilot.

My usual saying, and i am known for it, is that, Life is simple, for
those who take it simple. I don't like to complicate things,there is
joy in every situation if you know the right angle to look it from.
After my last project here in Dubai, UAE, i am quitting field works.
Any other job would only require my attention from my home office. I
want to spend the rest of my life having fun.Would you stand by me to build a home?
Would you smile at me when i look tense? I don't need a super model, i
rather need a very good friend who knows when i am tensed just by
looking into my eyes and a super woman. The whole world may be mad at
me, but if you are smiling at me, i would care less.I say,Who says we
cant design our own paradise together? It is workable,just walk by my
side. I am sending you a photo of me and my daughter, i woud like to
see yours

kisses and hugs,
Philip
>
Last edited by Firewater on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#192336 by Firewater Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:40 am
Thanks Byron, I just said that I got back with my ex last night. I did receive phone calls just now, but did not answer them. thanks for the scam info. It just shocked me! Still under the shock!
Last edited by Firewater on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
#192344 by jolly_roger Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:08 am
Thank you for posting the info Firewater. The same text has been used in previous scams. One from the middle of Twenty Ten when the scammer used the name eric Wilson. Then late Twenty 13 the same text appears again whereby the scam artist uses the name andrew berndtson
#198195 by smartenedupintime Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:07 pm
I wish I had come across this site earlier this week. I pretty much figured it out last night. You know the saying "If it sound's too good to be true it generally is!" I assume that the name changes but this time he's going by Russell Scott from Scotland. Real original!! Contactor renovating an old oil rig in Malaysia. Really sad that there are despicable men out there who prey on vulnerable women. I truly wouldn't want to be them when it's time for them to meet their creator. Karma can be a real bitch!! It gives me comfort knowing that what we give out comes back at us tenfold. These men better duck when it starts coming back at them!
#231557 by cancer1970 Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:29 pm
Cancer1970 - posted 19.12.14

Again, I wish I'd come across this site a couple of months ago!! I too have been scammed by this low life. I'm in the UK he said he lived in Slough and that he was flying out to Dubai!! I met him on Zoosk dating site. He goes under the name of Benjamin (Ben) Bachmann email address is [email protected] and his mobile number is 07537 157970. He is very very clever he even set himself up on LinkedIn which is a site to advertise your business and it confirmed that he was in fact in the oil industry and that he studied where he said he did!! This man has got to be stopped, he took me in big time, I sent him £750 plus had to pay a charge of £45 (luckily not as much as the rest of you, however after sending it he then said he needed another £3,000)!!! Here's some of his messages which are pretty much word for word what others have been sent, he used to send me an email every day, plus text me & call me every night before he went to bed!!

How are you? I'm happy to read from you and very pleased to have the opportunity of getting to know you. Let me start by telling you some basic but important things about me. I am currently preparing for a business trip to Dubai, UAE. Due to this business trip it would not be possible for us to have a physical meeting within the next 2 weeks, exchanging emails would be the best way for us to know each other better. My job is a long story, to put it simply, I am a Private Contractor in the Oil Rig engineering sector and a Business Man. Explaining the details of what I do would have to be in another email. I used to smoke but I quit 1 year ago. I drink occasionally. I'm always very direct and straight forward, I am 183cm in height and I live alone in Slough which was not where I intended to move when I left Vienna. When I came back to the UK, I lived by the Thames in central London for about a month. During my stay in central London, I realized that living in the city wasn't something I wanted to do anymore. The best option for me at that time was Slough, so I made the decision to move down here. The main reason why I moved to Austria in the first place was because of my job. There are many other reasons but I will tell you about it in the future or in another email. I am a very spontaneous person, I tell you what's on my mind when I feel it and this has made me a very honest person naturally. I believe life is like a book, people who don't travel just read only a few pages. I'm a very optimistic and open minded person. Being optimistic and open minded has always attracted people to me naturally. I'm not the kind of man who base his feelings on the outer beauty or physical appearance. I believe in the beauty on the inside because I learned long ago that it is much better. My membership on that zoosk market will be expiring soon, I joined about a month ago. I do not think I would be needing it anymore. I still know very little about you and would love to know a lot more about you. I'm new to internet dating, however I think you are a sincere and genuine person. So now it's your turn. Tell me anything about yourself that you would like me to know, or maybe something you are proud of about you. I am an open book, so don't hesitate to ask me whatever you want to know about me. I have attached some pictures to this email for you to have and I hope to get some of yours soon as well. Bye for now and have a lovely day.

Ben x

13/11/14
How are you? I've decided to tell you my life's story from the very beginning. My name is Benjamin Bachmann, most people call me Ben. I was born on the 15th day of November in 1960. I am a Petrochemical Engineer by profession. I earned my degree from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in the United States in 1983. My father was German and my Mum was British. I am the only child my parents had, they are both deceased. My parents met in Vienna and back then my dad was a social worker for the Austrian Government. We stayed in Vienna for about 6years and then we moved to Philadelphia in 1967. My dad tried to pursue a career there as a professional antiques collector, but things weren't going to well, so once again we relocated to greener pastures and this time we headed for Massachusetts, USA. One fateful day in 1978 my father was involved in an auto crash which claimed his life. A few months before I graduated, while on a class tour to Liverpool Cathedral, I met my late wife at the University of Liverpool, she was a very sweet woman and I couldn't think of anyone else I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. About a year later we got married. In 1993 we had our only son Nathan. In 1999 we moved to London due to work related reasons. Late into 2004 I lost my mum to cancer of the colon. This was a very miserable time in my life because I suddenly became an orphan and I felt alone in this world. I thought the worst had happened to me. But the worst blow came in 2009 September, when my perfectly healthy wife went to sleep one night and never woke up. I've been a widower since then and although I have been involved in some relationships over the last few years, nothing really ever came out of it. I have been through a lot of difficult times in my life's journey, both physically and emotionally but like they say, what does not kill you only makes you stronger. My son Nathan was only 16 years old when his mum passed away and now he will be 21 in January. He is a student at Stanford University in California studying Bio Medical Science with a view of then going on to do medicine. Although I said I do not pay much attention to the outer beauty, I do appreciate beauty and of course, I would prefer a nicer looking woman over one who is not so attractive at a glance. But I also know that the prettiest people do the ugliest things. Intellect is a trait that attracts me to women. I have observed that pretty and attractive women rarely possess this quality. Moving to Vienna was very rewarding for me in different ways. I can't really say I'm living the dream but I think happiness is actually something we give ourselves. I like to travel a lot and exploring Europe is something I hope to do for the rest of my days. Well, I hope you understand everything I've said so far. I will be flying out from Heathrow this afternoon and I hope we can continue our correspondence and get to know each other better.

Thank you for your number, I have taken note of it and will find time to give you a call once work gets to a balance.

Bye for now and have a very lovely day.

Regards,

Ben x

Hello my sunshine,

You must wonder why I call you sunshine? Can't get the sweet thoughts of you off my mind, I feel like giving a hug.. lol. You know the way the sun lights up the earth? that is just how you light up my life! Once again my life has a purpose, once again I feel I have found someone real. I know you might not think of yourself as perfect, but you are perfect to me and the only reason this was possible is because you must have portrayed yourself well and you have been yourself. That is good, because if I ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn't walk more than miles to see more beauty, If I love you for wealth, I wouldn't walk more miles to see more, If I love you for smiles, I would see more on TV... lol, but the only thing I can fall in love with is you, that can't be gotten by anyone else because its being YOU! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like I said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people, the answers are never there.. trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved each other. Life is boring if perfect, life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.
The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed, the medical practitioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practitioners would die of boredom if there aren't offenders, if everyone is a vegetarian, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in Christianity because of the presence of Islam. Whites gained from blacks, blacks earn from whites. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. Who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this, you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that, we were all created for each other. There is much fun in helping, we can all be better if we accept the fact that we can't live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we can't change, because, the only constant thing in life is CHANGE!. Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything... lol.
I have a proposal for you this wonderful day, because I know you at least care about me, after all you wake up to check for my email to know if I am still alive... lol, that is something. So I want your help today. There is this woman who I just met, I could be scared about how she has gotten my attention, but I would be stupid to submit to fears. I notice that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, I am not known for fears, I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must at least learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, I would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives everything or nothing. Once I have her hand, I can promise her forever. Tell her, I know this is not going to be a kid walk, tell her I know there are times we would argue in future, but tell her I would teach her to know that even while we argue, we would still be holding hands, because there are many sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her, her worries have become mine, because I do not really know how she has done it. Tell her, that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control. You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you... lol. Please look into her eyes and speak this to her for me and help me thank her for letting me in her world.

Till I read from you again honey, Kisses and hugs in their right places ...

All My Love

Yours Forever,

Ben xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good morning my love, How are you today? I just got to work, even though late, but then, I have eight locals down with serious injuries and three gone. This is the most painful thing I have come accross. Now the Rig tow they were rushing to fix before our arrival did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labours, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesnt make sense. I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The eight have been taken to a general hospital now, I just pray for the best for them, i pity the family of the deceased ones. They spoilt my mood this morning because they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are even men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking thier lives and now i feel responsible for what has hapened to them. Maybe i should have been on the rig early enough.
can't write much this morning honey, will try later. Just know that you mean alot to me ok? and i really appreciate you dear. The joy i feel in recent days is my best. Thank you.

All My Love,

Ben xxxxxxx

Then this one, asking for money!!!

Hello honey,

How are you doing? I have been thinking about you all day wishing we were together. My problems seem to have gone from bad to worse honey. My original plan was to get some more credit from my bank, but my request was turned down. My bank is only being difficult because I have had to make use of a lot of credit from them to invest in this project and also because I'm not there in person. However, I'm quite sure convincing them to help out with more credit won't be a problem If I was there physically to explain my predicament and tender the necessary documents. As you know the work I've come to do down here is to renovate two semi submersible oil rig platforms and I've had to single handedly purchase all the replacement parts, machines and equipments with my own money plus the credit I took from my bank to handle the shipping, custom duties and clearance fees into Dubai, so all in all I have invested over 3million USD on this project already. The amount I need to sort the tax and clearance payment is a total sum of $410,000USD which is 5% of my total contract fund of 8.2million USD. My aunt called me this afternoon and all she could manage to raise for me is $96,000. All I have now managed to raise so far is a total amount of $395K. Right now, if I could get a loan of $15,000USD which is approximately £9,500, all my problems will be solved. I am now at my wits end and don't know what else to do or who else to call.
You must understand that I wouldn't let anything come between us and I cant risk my relationship for whatever I may need, but if you want to give me a hand, let me know how best you can then I can know what more to go and be sure i can be able to repay you ASAP. what do you think honey?

You remain my jewel.

A very sorry
Ben xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ANY IDEAS HOW THIS MAN CAN BE STOPPED?!!!
#231619 by Clair Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:01 am
Welcome cancer1970, Sorry to hear that you were scammed. I really despise romance scammers because they steal more than just your money. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done to stop the scammers. Many of them are in West Africa and law enforcement just doesn't have the resources to deal with them. The best we can do is pass the word and educate people about their existence. Thanks for posting up the emails. They just may help prevent somebody else from becoming a victim.
#236674 by Gardengirl Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:28 am
i too have been emailing & texting this same person. exactly the same words and excuses.
the guys goes by Brad Erdmann & owns an oil rigging company that is currently in Dubai and yes there was a terrible accident etc.... all the same as you have posted.
the phone # he has called me at is +971522156373 or 1-289-335-4913. Same things, very broken accent, says he is Austrian, and is very hard to hear on the cell. The most recent email received today, he is claiming that the UAE gov't is holding all his funds. as soon as i saw that bells went off.
Thank you for sharing your stories. These won't stop these types, but at least there is a place where we can share.
all the best.
UPDATE: After i found out about the SCAM- i made up a false story. fire with fire i guess. i turned it around & started whining about being broke and asking for things. ALL correspondence stopped - 2 days later, the following Saturday, i received one single text "Have a nice life!"
#237217 by Bryon Williams Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:01 pm
What email address is he using now?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#311463 by Djs Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:03 am
Ladies it seems like the same man with the same script is communicating to me under the Alias Collins robert.. I'm wondering what pictures he has shared with you and make s comparison .. he is still up to his old tricks
Removed (BW)
#311464 by Bryon Williams Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:11 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the emails and email address sent to you minus your personal information.

You can post the pictures sent to you for others to see.