Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#97153 by katt williams Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 pm
Instant messages are being saved in the conversation history. View Conversation History (Alt+Shift+V) Conversation History Preferences (Ctrl+Shift+P)

Potential Victim: Hello i recieved an e-mail regarding my resume and was told to contact you.
hrmgrdominga: Hello and how are you doing today ?
Potential Victim: I am ok i have had better days my family and i lost our house to a fire friday so we are doing what we can. I was excited to see a possible job line up in checking my e-mail today.
hrmgrdominga: Good to hear that. I believe you are here for your interview and briefings ?
Potential Victim: The e-mail I recieved did not have many details I was told to contact you for an interview but i am not sure what position or job specifically. I have posted my resume many places
hrmgrdominga: The position available are. Data Entry, administrative assitant,Clerical Admin, Medicall Biller/Coding, Customer Sevice, Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping, Typist Clerk and IT job. Which are you applying for ?
hrmgrdominga: <ding>
Potential Victim: I would love to apply for them all they all intrigue me but I am about only half way completed of my program for a medical assistant/phlebotomist and am concerned that maybe I do not have the experiance neccisary. I am a little cunfused on where you saw my resume.
hrmgrdominga: you resume was reviewed on http://www.motiont.com by the company
Potential Victim: ok thank you for your time
hrmgrdominga: I am Mrs Alicea dominga , The hiring manager of (NIRLIFE Healthcare Ltd), I am located at NY. I would be the one to brief you about the position and the company.
hrmgrdominga: What are your full name age sex and where are you located ?

Potential Victim: Deleted real namexxx female and I am located in deleted real locationxxxl Ca
hrmgrdominga: The name of the company is NIRLIFE Healthcare Ltd

NIRLIFE Healthcare is the pharma division of Nirma Industries Limited having one of the biggest plants, based in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, known for cutting-edge in Intensive Care delivery system and for manufacturing of R&D based healthcare products. As a part of its focused strategic plan NIRLIFE is committed to lead the healthcare segments of large and small volume Parenterals, Intensive Care, TPN, Renal Care, Medical devices and other specialized medical products.Now going into Data entry/ Medical biller and accounting work from home job to create employment opportunity for the less privilege, disables and manily to decrease the rate of unemployment in the economy,

hrmgrdominga: Our office is located at 565 W. 215th Street Apt #3 New York, NY 10034 USA,Our head office is located in Nirma house, Ashram Road, ,Ahmedabad - 389001, Gujarat, India,we have locations all over the usa and currently working on setting up some branch in I live in Orange Florida,CA,GA., thats why we are employing online,but when the new office near you is ready you can be assign to one of them that is if you qualify after the interview...
hrmgrdominga: This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $18 per hour training is $15 per hour and will be get payment bi weekly via check or direct deposite working 30 to 40 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts
Potential Victim: That sounds like a good opportunity. Just to be clear thats means i will have to have access online at all times.
hrmgrdominga: good
hrmgrdominga: The position available are. Data Entry, administrative assitant,Clerical Admin, Medicall Biller/Coding, Customer Sevice, Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping, Typist Clerk. Which are you applying for ?

RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Heavy Data entry/administrative tasks Updating client information in computer system Running and processing multiple documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access Inputting purchase orders Other various administrative tasks
katherinesheets21: I am very familiar with those programs and have a substantial amount of computer experience.
hrmgrdominga: alright
hrmgrdominga: The duties are: Inputs information from a variety of sources into a computer database. May take customer orders and enter them into a pre-established tracking system
Assignments will be sent to you via e-mail or IM and you will report directly to your immediate supervisor
Potential Victim: Will i be meeting with them online as well?
Potential Victim: The immediate supervisor is who i am refering to
hrmgrdominga: you will get to know all that soon ok
hrmgrdominga: Have you ever worked from home or online before ?Are you currently employed ?How many hours do you intend to dedicate to this job position daily ?
Last edited by Dotti on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#101225 by Sfisher603 Thu May 10, 2012 9:46 am
Yes it is a scam here is a new one being used.

Email [email protected] aka mr. james coleman. Phone 19722329096.

WELCOME TO SWIFT COMPUTERS INCS.

We are Specialized in the sales of legal agreements and all kinds of Computer peripherals Supplies such as ATDX case, Networking Routers,HDDX Compacts,Satellite HDD Communicator, Computer Peripherals,CD-R Hard Drives,Memory Sticks and many more. We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the  world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community. We have got loads of logs for the Account Dept from our United States and Canadian Clients that are spread all over. Now the London center here cannot be over stretched. So we opted to recruit staffs online to work from home to help do ( Balance sheets, account balancing, invoicing recording, proper data analysis of sales records and recording payslips into Accounting database all through the use of the Accounting Software).

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Entering all checks vouchers and payment in appropriate account, maintains accurate records of all Receivables and Payables, Developing, analyzing, and maintaining financial reporting systems in general accounting, budget or cost systems. Responsible for compiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY

You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme. Find Training program details below:

*You will have to be online from 9am to 12pm daily for training programs as you will be given series of tasks during training.

*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 2pm your time zone.

*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $20/hr and for 6hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.

*You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format).

*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.

*You are paid weekly.

*The position is Monday - Friday your time zone.

*There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is an Internet based position, and the base pay is $20 per hour.

*Either party is free to terminate at any time with notice.

*Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits after 2months after which you would become a regular employee of company.

WORKING EQUIPMENTS
Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other softwares for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400 Barcode Printerand Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and Office Desk). Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.

You would be Given the Following to start work with after training: *
Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )

Employment Supervisor
Mr. James Coleman
#104459 by matadora79 Fri May 25, 2012 12:31 pm
I just messaged this person about 5 minutes ago. i knew it was weird bc $20/hr? and i googled the company name and nothing popped up. but sure enough i copy and pasted the first paragraph and here i am.

The Yahoo messenger ID was :hireunit20
Emails used : [email protected], [email protected]

Here are the job detail i received:

WELCOME TO SHELL COMPUTERS INCS.

We are Specialized in the sales of legal agreements and all kinds of Computer peripherals Supplies such as ATDX case, Networking Routers,HDDX Compacts,Satellite HDD Communicator, Computer Peripherals,CD-R Hard Drives,Memory Sticks and many more. We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community. We have got loads of logs for the Account Dept from our United States and Canadian Clients that are spread all over. Now the London center here cannot be over stretched. So we opted to recruit staffs online to work from home to help do ( Balance sheets, account balancing, invoicing recording, proper data analysis of sales records and recording payslips into Accounting database all through the use of the Accounting Software).

Entering all checks vouchers and payment in appropriate account, maintains accurate records of all Receivables and Payables, Developing, analyzing, and maintaining financial reporting systems in general accounting, budget or cost systems. Responsible for compiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY

You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme. Find Training program details below:

*You will have to be online from 9am to 12pm daily for training programs as you will be given series of tasks during training.

*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 2pm your time zone.

*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $20/hr and for 6hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.

*You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format).

*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.

*You are paid weekly.

*The position is Monday - Friday your time zone.

*There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is an Internet based position, and the base pay is $20 per hour.

*Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits after 2months after which you would become a regular employee of company.

WORKING EQUIPMENTS
Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other softwares for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400 Barcode Printerand Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and Office Desk). Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.

Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )

Employment Supervisor
James Steward

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!
#115347 by starburts1983 Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm
I cannot believe I had fallen for this, they have my bank account information and everything. Now I have to go through the process of closing that account, changing every single password I have, and all kinds of other bull. Mine had said it was Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare. General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). The yahoo ID is patriciabartlett70......it was patriciabartlett77 just the other day, but it has changed since then.
#115354 by Bubbles Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:42 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners starburts1983. I am sorry to hear you have been taken by this scammer. I hope you have only lost a little time and convenience and not actual money.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#120442 by cindiL91 Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:28 pm
This is the newest one now. I didn't get very far but I am hoping that I can get my job back since it was just Saturday Aug 18th that I quit. I hadn't received the check yet so I am so glad I came across this. The only thing they have is my DOB, no bank account information or anything. I thought that it was legit due to the company. I had bought parts from this company couple years ago to rebuild my computer.

(NEWEGG COMPANY)
(http://www.newegg.com/)
(JOB DESCRIPTION)
We are Specialized in the sales of legal agreements and all kinds of Computer peripherals Supplies such as ATDX case, Networking Routers,HDDX Compacts,Satellite HDD Communicator, Computer Peripherals,CD-RHard Drives,Memory Sticks and many more. We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community. We have got loads of logs for the Account Dept from our United States and Canadian Clients that are spread all over. Now the London center here cannot be over stretched. So we opted to recruit staffs online to work from home to help do (Balance sheets, account balancing, invoicing recording, proper data analysis of sales records and recording payslips into Accounting database all through the use of the Accounting Softwares ).

Entering all checks vouchers and payment in appropriate account, maintains accurate records of all Receivable's and Payable's, Developing, analyzing, and maintaining financial reporting systems in general accounting, budget or cost systems. Responsible for compiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY

*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 9am - 2pm your time zone.

*You are paid weekly.

WORKING EQUIPMENTS
Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other softwares for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400 Barcode Printer and Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and OfficeDesk). Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.

Employment Supervisor
Mr James Harrington.

INTERVIEW QUESTION.....

Let me know if you are capable of handling this position and if you have anything you want to ask BASED on what you have read so far..

*Thank you for taking the time to chat with me regarding the Data Entry position we have available.

*We are newegg.com, a site that offers discounted electronics to the public in our online store. This data entry position is an integral part of how our customer’s orders get entered, processed and filled. We use QuickBooks for all our accounting. If we may proceed, I would like to ask some questions to learn if you have the appropriate skills for this position.

*I have reviewed your resume and you seem to have the skills we need.

*Are you available to work 9am to 2pm PDT or your time zone, Monday through Friday?

*Do you feel comfortable with a work-at-home position? I know some think it’s great, but others find they need the office environment.

*To verify, how many WPM do you type?

*How familiar you are you with Quick Books? And if so, how many years have you been using it?

*What do you consider to be your professional strengths and weaknesses?

*How familiar are you with the online ordering process?

*How familiar are you with electronic equipment, i.e. desktops, laptops, cameras, cell phones, etc.?

*I think I have enough information about you to offer you the position. When are you available to start?

*We will do 3 days of training with you, in that time get your office equipment to you. Will you be available to process the equipment order for your new home office?

From what you have stated, i believe you will be a good asset to our company and you will also enjoy working with us.

Hope you know you will be trained for you weeks and will be mailed a check that will cover all the materials needed for this job?

The company will send down two of our reps. to you so that you will have your paper works signed and employment letter along side with the company's lawyer after your two weeks training.

We need to set you up in the company - May I please have your full name, address, contact phone number, email and date of birth?
#120446 by vonpaso xlura Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:24 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners! Could you post the email address you got the scam offer from, in case anyone searches for it?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#120546 by Bryon Williams Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 pm
Hello cindiL91,

newegg.com is a legit company. Some scammers will use legitimate company names in the scam. They do this in attempts to sound real. Sometimes they will use fake websites using something close to the real companies web address. Something to look for is the email address. If the email address is a free service like gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc. These are red flags.

If you company wants you to send money to themselves, supplier or third party via western union / money gram. These are red flags.

No legitimate company will hire you via email and chats. Especially to handle company money.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#198544 by IKRoberts Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 am
Welcome to Merrill Lynch company, i believe that you are here for the job briefing and interview. As we proceed further with the briefing and interview, you will get to know more about the opening position.

I am Mrs Jing Wang, The Hiring Manager to the firm Merrill Lynch & Company Inc . Am here to brief and interview you more about the opening position.This branch recruiting is located at 100 Front Street,Worcester, MA 01608 soon we will be setting up a branch at your location that is why we are looking for 16 teams workers to work from home at the moment, Once the Branch is been at your location ,you can chose to work in a office or from home.

This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $35 per hour training is $21 per hour and will be get payment bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck and the maximum amount you can work a week is 45 hours. If you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.

You will undergo a one week training from your training supervisor,he will training you on how to work with the programs accurate and other Data entry works you will need to get done.Your training is going to be done online through your PC and PHONE

The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.

In the mean time i need you to provide me with these following informations to enable the Company's secretary's department put you into register. Full names, State, City, Address, Zip code and Cell#

you will start work ASAP once you get your accounting software's working tool's from the vendor agent . Also your W-4 form will be coming along with your software's . Once you get everything from the vendor agent you are to sign on your W-4 form and have it e-mail to me for confirmation .

You will be needing some accounting Data Entry software's for this job. Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with Myob business essentials software 2011, US Patent Single Users Pack simply accounting 2011,Apple Final Cut Express 3.5 HD Upgrade,Norton Ghost 9.0,Microsoft Office XP 2011 Standard Upgrade,Peach tree Premium Accounting 2011. with a Brand new HP laptop

Before you start work you will be wired the funds you will be needing to setup a mini office into your account. You will be using the funds on it to set up your mini office by purchasing accounting software's plus the shipping logistics, because we will be sending you some working equipment you will be needing to start work with , immediately you get this payment you start work.

The Head Dept of the company will wire you the total funds to enable you purchase all the softwares and working equiments you need to start work with.

Task 1
his is to introduce you to EDGAR, the SEC's database of financial
information about publicly owned companies. The SEC maintains EDGAR to
give the public free access to information about publicly owned
companies.
Instructions
Access EDGAR at the following Internet address:
http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar
Then type STARBUCKS CORP into the search box and press the return key.
Select Starbuck's most recent Form 10Q (a required quarterly filing
that includes quarterly financial statements).
What is the street address of Starbuck's corporate headquarters?
Scroll down to the balance sheet. Have the company's total assets
increased or decreased since the last report? How much have they
increased or decreased?

Task 2
Each year, Fortune magazine ranks the leading 500 American-based
corporations in terms of total revenue earned.
Instructions
Visit the Fortune home page at: http://www.fortune.com
Identify the three global most admired Fortune 500 companies.
Select one of the listed companies, locate this company in the EDGAR
database: http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar Select the company's
"Form 10K" and locate comparative income statements for the past three
years. Comment on the pattern of changes in total revenue and net
income over the past three years.
Obtain financial information about McDonalds Corp sales or earnings.
Go to http://www.mcdonalds.com/
Click on Corporate McDonald's - McDonald's Quarterly Global Results
Press Release
What are the "Key highlights - Consolidated"
Dollars in millions, except per common share data

Task 3
Write an article on "The Best Ways to Prevent Overdue Accounts" using your own words. Length: 3 pages with examples. Time limit: 24 hrs.

I have been very skeptical about this job for the past few days please tell if this is a scam.
#198548 by AlanJones Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 am
A definite scam

A blue chip company like Merrill Lynch would not conduct an interview by IM or expect an employee to purchase equipment to do the job (the wire transfer will be fraudulent and eventually reversed by your bank).

And to confirm it from your second post, they also wouldn't use a Yahoo email address.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.