Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#199104 by 2trusting Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:23 am
* I have received 2 messages to be a "Mystery Shopper". First one, by e-mail. I sent my information, the e-mail, requested. the second one was sent to my cell phone, by text message, asking me to confirm my information, & I replied to text message, confirming my information...
I have searched every where I know of, to find out if this is a scam, & here is the closest I have got to finding out.
I copied the messages I have received & answered, Please, help me to know if its a scam or not. Thank You ever so kindly... *

reply-to: MS Agent <[email protected]>
to: 2trusting ...(change my username)
date: Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM
subject: [ Info Bonus ]
You will receive funds for the task.
You will receive instructions for the task you via email in the location and details of the task.
You must complete the task as quickly as possible and quietly.
You will be asked to visit the business location for doing good business restaurants, shopping stores, etc.
The assignment will pay you $350/assignment of 2 assignment a week.
Contact us with your INFORMATION If you interested:
Full Name :
Full A.d.d.r.e.s.s :
StateCityZip :
A.g.e :
Phones :
We will contact you immediately as your application has been received.
Regards,
Dedrick Smith
Evaluation Manager

* Received cell phone text message today; 04-27-14 at 5:07PM; from, 224-267-5678, as following *
2trusting ...(change my username)
Please did you get my last text about the Myster.y S/h/o/p/p/e/r job that you have be comfirmed as one,for us to send you your first assignment re-confirm your details below asap....
Full Name :
Full A.d.d.r.e.s.s :
StateCityZip :
A.g.e :
Phones :

* As I was copying & pasting, I believe I answered my question...I believe its a scammer, scamming with this scam, because of the major "spelling issue", & I think this being the case, I have a few things to e-mail back to "MS Agent <[email protected]>". Thanks for your insight... Be blessed! *
Advertisement

#199105 by vonpaso xlura Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:33 am
Don't email him back anything. Just leave him hanging.

If you're still not sure, confirm your details once more, get the assignment, post it here, and disappear. One of the businesses you will be sent to evaluate is a Western Union or MoneyGram outlet. The check will be forged or the wire transfer will be sent from a phished account or the like.

Do not tell "MS Agent" that you have posted his message here.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#199106 by AlanJones Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:34 am
It's a scam - mystery shopping jobs don't pay $350.

The scammer will want you to "mystery shop" a Western Union store - you will be sent a fake cheque and asked to bank it and then send money by Western Union. The cheque will eventually be found to be fake and the money debited from your account, by which time the scammer and the money you sent will be long gone.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#199107 by HillBilly Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:39 am
It is a scam. There are real "mystery shopper" jobs, but they do not use aol.com for mailing, nor do they pay well. Nor do they send you money in advance ( which is going to be a fake check or money order to begin with).

The job they want you to do is called being a "money mule", and its highly illegal most everywhere in the world.

Please see this article for more info on "Mystery shoppers" viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3250

Do yourself a favor, and stop contact with this imposter. They will only feed lies to you and then pass your email address and phone # on to other scammers so they might get some of your money.

#199561 by coinpuppy Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:52 pm
Its a scam, real Mystery Shopping jobs are jobs you have to apply to with real agencies, and they pay normal middle class wages.....anything involving money gram/western union/cashing checks is a scam
#199564 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 pm
If you are able to find a real Mystery Shopping job it will not pay Middle Class wages.

Please read Hillbilly and Alan Jones post on this topic.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#199718 by 2trusting Fri May 02, 2014 9:01 am
*** I received the $2450.00 Citi Bank check, on 04/28/14, I took it to my bank, & had them research it.... Then 04/28/14, I received this E-mail (below)... I received another E-mail 04/30/14, "SECRET SHOPPER ACKNOWLEDG​EMENT LETTER" (below) ***

Jeff Patterson <[email protected]>
2trusting (name/ID changed)
We got confirmation that Payment for your first assignment would be delivered to you any moment from today via USPS with the tracking number 9470101699320007549150
The envelope contains a check for $2,450 for the assignment
1ST ASSIGNMENT LOCATION:
CVS
1401-9 E. JACKSON
MACOMB, IL 61455
You will be Evaluating the store given to you above, you will be going into this store to purchase 4 Green-dot Card (Moneypak with scratch off at back) at $500 each
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:-
You are advised to deposit the cashier check at your Bank or ATM upon delivery and withdraw the cash or wait for 24 hours to 48hrs for your bank to clear the check, once you have the cash you can go ahead with the Evaluation .The payment you received covers all expenditures including evaluation, shopping, transportation and your compensation( Assignment Payment $200) for these surveys .

You are to lookout for and report the following observed at the store
- Assessment and advice on customer care?
- Staffs efficiency?
- Store cleanliness?
- Staffs appearances & approach?
- Staffs knowledge of product/service?
- Cash and wrap area appearances?
- Your comments and impressions?
You are to purchase Green-dot Card(Moneypak) (We have received different reports about some of
this stores )
BELOW IS THE EXPENDITURES BREAKDOWN:-
Money Received ..................$2,450
Assignment Remuneration ...... $200
Green Dot Moneypak(4)............................$2,000
Transportation.............. ..... $30
Charges on card..........$20
Balance.....$200
As a Secret shopper your job is to observe any thing useful going on in the store you are to evaluate, cos those are what would be required to be stated in your report when you email back..
INFORMATION REQUIRED UPON COMPLETION OF ASSIGNMENT:-
After purchasing the 4 Green-dot Cards at $500 each, you scratch off the cards and you will find 14 digit pin which you will also include in your report.
CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL ASAP
Please : you are not reveal your mission at the observation fields i.e the store
Jeff.P

**** 04/30/14 SECRET SHOPPER ACKNOWLEDG​EMENT LETTER
Rian Diamond <[email protected]>
Hello,
Your application has been received, reviewed and approved by our Human
Resource department. Your information and address has been processed
into our system. It is a pleasure to inform you that you have been
cleared as a Survey Agent (Secret Shopper) with our company.

As soon as we have an assignment for you to carry out, you will be
immediately contacted. Due to an increasing amount of clients, time
constraints, and overall work volume, the official offer letter of
employment which you would have to sign will be sent to you at a later
date via USPS. In the mean time we can proceed with you in a
probationary status as a Survey Agent (Secret Shopper). After you
receive the letter, you can print, sign, scan and send it back to us
as soon as possible. This probationary status usually becomes
permanent after you have successfully completed your first two
assignments in a timely and successful manner. Once we receive your
employment offer letter, your status will be updated in our date base.
You will first start out handling smaller surveys and when you have
displayed an ability to perform at an augmented level, you will start
to oversee larger activities. The lager activities also means an
increase in your payment. You would also be given extra funds in a
case where by you are evaluating or studying the activities of a place
where spending is required by you. Example’s would be a Restaurant,
clothing store, western union outlet, money gram outlet, walmart, a store chain
or a situation where by mobility is required by you. Your thoughts and
comments are appreciated so feel free to provide your input at any
time.
As a reminder, every activity as a Survey Agent (Secret Shoppers)
remains confidential between you and your employer. The company
reserves the right to any and all documentation and information which
you gather on behalf of the company. Please confirm (Acknowledge)
receipt of this email, by responding back. A Cashier Check Payment that you would
process would be sent to you via Postal service as soon as possible
along with detailed instructions about the payment. Congratulations!!!
321-578-7417
Sincerely Yours,
Rian

**** Yes, it's all a scam, my bank told me to take it all & report it to local police department, but haven't yet, I most likely won't... This makes me sick, it's so wrong, but the worse part for me, is knowing these persons will not be held accountable for anything :( I'm DONE with this BS ! **** Thank You, ever so kindly.... ****
#199732 by Mike Wilson Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 am
Since they sent you the fake check via USPS it is a federal crime. Take the check, envelope and a copy of the emails to your local post office and let them follow up. The USPS can actually do more than your local police in this case.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#199755 by HillBilly Fri May 02, 2014 2:37 pm
2trusting wrote:*** I received the $2450.00 Citi Bank check, on 04/28/14, I took it to my bank, & had them research it....

**** Yes, it's all a scam, my bank told me to take it all & report it to local police department, but haven't yet, I most likely won't... This makes me sick, it's so wrong, but the worse part for me, is knowing these persons will not be held accountable for anything :( I'm DONE with this BS ! **** Thank You, ever so kindly.... ****

The biggest problem with these types of "money mule" scams is that the way the laws are written, even though you are victim most of the time, you can still be charged with the crime for participating. What you have to ask yourself is " Do I believe the guys that sent me the fake check will rat me out if they get busted?"

if you can honestly answer "no, they will protect me" to the above question, then doing nothing is fine.... However, I have to think that most people when asked that same ? would think-- "well, they sent me a fake check, of course they will try and rat me out, try to make me the bad guy in order to save their own skin" if the law catches them. Thats why it is so important to get ahead of the game and report it as soon as you can.

The postal inspector (if it was mailed USPS) has much more authority than local PD's do, so you really should start there. Here is a link to call and find the closest postal inspector's office.
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/radD ... sMain.html

#200111 by S. D. Presley Mon May 05, 2014 10:17 am
Coinstopper says you must apply for a Mystery Shopper job from a real company. How do you find these companies? How do you know if it is a legitimate company?

I applied for a Mystery Shopper position via Craig's List. Some tell me that Craig's List check out their posters... Is this true?

They have not sent me a check, but they are requesting information I'm not comfortable giving out. Can they steal my identity with the information they are requesting?

I received this response:

My name is MICHELLE FONTE, We have an available job.

Candidates for Local Evaluation tasks are currently needed to test some of the leading stores in your area,
such as Kmart, Rite Aid or local postal office, Usps.

As our agent, you are required to offer a full range of shopping/testing services in a variety of nearby industries:
* Stores * Restaurants * Hotels, etc.
We pay 450-750usd every week, depends how many locations we need to test.
You should have good memory and an ability to give clear - concise and factual feedback.

Send in the details below to be contacted with more info:

1. Complete name (no short names):
2. Mailing address (incl. street number/apt number, if any):
3. Phone number:
4. City State plus Zip code:

1st Email Address:
2nd Email (for backup):

Our surveys are 100% legit and we are not using or make public your information for any illegal activities.
We provide payment in form of check, to start the tasks.

contact members Tempest Incs.
MICHELLE FONTE, Kathleen Harper
#200112 by Dotti Mon May 05, 2014 10:33 am
It is a scam.

I'm sorry to say that mystery shopping does not pay anywhere near that amount, and it doesn't pay up front either. In real mystery shopping, unless you have an extremely positive history with the company, you will be required to purchase the items or services with your own money, write up an extensive report, and then apply for reimbursement and your payment--which can take several weeks to receive (and is not hundreds of dollars either.)

Craigslist does not check out its posters. The only thing Craigslist requires is that someone who places provide a number to received a text message, and scammers have dozens of ways around that (including using more fake jobs to get innocent victims to post their ads.) An extremely high percentage of Craigslist ads are scams. You will find the same is true of any free or extremely low-cost classifieds ad site. Checking out each and every poster would cost money, and that would have to be passed on to the user, making the site no longer free.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#200114 by vonpaso xlura Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 am
They have not sent me a check, but they are requesting information I'm not comfortable giving out. Can they steal my identity with the information they are requesting?

They are not trying to steal identity. They may be trying to send a fraudulent bank transfer.

such as Kmart, Rite Aid or local postal office, Usps.

As our agent, you are required to offer a full range of shopping/testing services in a variety of nearby industries:
* Stores * Restaurants * Hotels, etc.
We pay 450-750usd every week, depends how many locations we need to test.

Whoever wrote that is pretending to be American but is not American.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10