Information on romance scams and scammers.
#199661 by anavel Thu May 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Hi am anavel,,, pls help me if this man is scammer,,, he is sgt. David morris jr.. He said that he is in afghanistan now for an special assignment.
Advertisement

#199662 by AlanJones Thu May 01, 2014 4:36 pm
It is 99.99999999999999% certain he is a scammer.

Real soldiers do not tend to have time to spend chatting to random people on the Internet and if he really was on a special mission he wouldn't be telling you so.

Please post the email address he is using and the emails he has sent you as those will prove for sure if he is a scammer or not.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#199663 by Bryon Williams Thu May 01, 2014 4:37 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners anavel,

From the little information you posted. I will say he is a scammer.

Please post a couple of his first few emails to you with any pictures you may have.

Real soldiers do not need anyone to pay for leave, phones, internet, medical bills for them or their family members. Soldier have access to their money.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#199665 by HillBilly Thu May 01, 2014 4:51 pm
an email address with have an @(domain.com) or something similar to that after the first characters. What you posted is a name, not an address. Anyone can put any name they want to in the "name" field of emails.

Please post the address.

#199666 by TerranceBoyce Thu May 01, 2014 4:55 pm
Having already divulged to you that he's on a special mission it would be highly irregular for a US soldier to post any form of document to a stranger on the internet. It is absolutely certain that you are dealing with a West African scammer trying to impress you so that he can scam you for money.

The scammer isn't interested in your signature - it's your money he's after.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#199669 by Bryon Williams Thu May 01, 2014 5:07 pm
He is not real. He is fake Army. He is lying to you. He wants to steal your money. The documents are fake.

Please post a couple of his emails letters to you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#199776 by Smith Jones Fri May 02, 2014 8:25 pm
Hi anavel, I know it can be very confusing when someone appears to be who they say they are but you suspect something different. There are many military scammers on the dating sites these days and they steal pictures of real soldiers and their families to appear real. They usually say they are lonely, often talk about retiring soon, will usually say they need money for various documents or to get a replacement soldier or such. Please understand you are being scammed per the email address you posted. Various people are asking you to post the actual emails- what this does is show what the scammer is saying and may help someone else identify they are being scammed by the same person.
I am sorry this happened to you. When you go online, or maybe you just were on Facebook or another site, you don't expect someone fake to contact you. It happens a great deal and it's hard to deal with and very confusing. Their sole intent is to make you care about them and give them money. Scammers are professional liars and they are good at it in very bad ways.
If you need help in posting some of your details, please PM any of us and we can help you. If you have any doubts about his being a scam, understand we don't say it is one unless we know that is the truth. And sometimes the truth hurts
#237444 by von44 Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:55 pm
Hi I've been recently been speaking to who I believe to be a us soldier currently in Afghanistan as a peacekeeper, he sent me a friend request on fb and we've been speaking via messenger on Facebook. He says he has been in Afghanistan 3years now and said initially he was applying to leave in 3 months . Now he has said that before he goes to the U.S :lol: he can visit me in England to which I said would be great. Now he says he wants to apply now so the paperwork can go through but it cost $600 for leave. .he says thr government pay half and he does and asked if I can help him with the $300 he has to pay. I've told him I have no money but he insists after this he'll never ask again and when he gets home he will give me it back and help me out and he'll do whatever it takes to make our relationship work. Please can someone help me I really don't know what to believe he insists he is true and to trust him. He says he has large sum of money in his account but can't access it where he is they don't get money in hand. Is there any truth in what he says?
#237446 by Mike Wilson Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners von44,
The person that your are corresponding with is most likely located in Western Africa and he is most certainly not a US soldier. Soldiers have access to their money at all times, they do not pay for leave as leave is an earned benefit, they do not have to pay for travel home. Travel from a war zone to home is paid by the military.
I am sorry to say that everything he told you was a lie to steal your money.

Please post the email address and a sample of his emails and we will be able to do some additional checks on this scammer. Be sure to remove your personal information be for posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#237448 by Dotti Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:19 pm
To further expand on what Mike has already said:
Everything this low-life criminal has told you or sent to you is a lie. And I do mean EVERYTHING: from his name (it will be copied from a real person or just completely made up;) to his photos, which aren’t photos of him at all, but of an innocent (and very possibly married) soldier whose photos were posted online where the scammer could steal them; to his declarations of love (the only thing he loves is the possibility of a payday—the rest is just the words needed to get there.)
As Mike said, this scammer is most likely located in Africa. We know this because this particular scam format is favored by scammers there. The completely bogus claims made about the US military –having to pay for leave; not being able to access their accounts; being stationed in a war zone without returning home for 3 years (doesn’t happen); ridiculous amounts of leave time (he’s probably claiming he can get months of leave, which is also total BS) exist only in the imaginations of the African scammers who invented them.

As Mike said, please post as much information as possible about him. These scammers target multiple victims at the same time. Chances are he is also scamming other women right now. He may or may not be using the exact same identity, but he is almost certainly using the same romantic words and making the same promises.
If you have only communicated via Facebook messages, then copy and paste some of his messages to you into a post, especially the ones when he first contacted you, and the ones when he started talking about money. These are the most likely ones to be reused word for word. If your own name or personally identifiable information is in the messages, delete it or replace with xxx. If he has given you ANY email addresses, websites, or phone numbers, whether they are supposed to be for him, for the military, or anything else, please post those.
Posting these things can help other women to discover they are dealing with a scammer. After you have copied the information, block him from your facebook (and email if needed.) Don’t confront him with being a scammer. Don’t ask him to explain himself. He lies for a living, and he will either continue to lie to you; or he will get mean and nasty, which will make everything harder on you.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.