Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#199635 by Amr El Deeb Thu May 01, 2014 1:02 pm
Hello all ,

When I contacted that lady , she asked me many questions , like did u own dogs before , and etc then she showed me the pictures of the puppies and the mother and father and they looked great , she said that they are vaccinated and have medical insurance and microchipped , she will send them to me through a pet travel agency , they said i'll pay 360 $ to make the puppies travel to my country and they are responsible to deliver the puppies to my home , i said okay and paid 360 through western union but they sent me a picture of the ticket they bought , after two days they said that there's a problem with puppies cage , they are play and they broke that cage and they need a Electrical etc cage or crate , they gave me options and send me pictures of what crate i would like to rent for the puppies , they were two pups a male and a female , when i paid they said they are quarntined , I got angry and told them to send me a decent photo of the puppies , and what shock me that they sent a picture of the puppies in the cages in the airport , and the date that these pics were taken are the same time ( decent ) not old , NOw they want money to process ( everytime they request money they change the name of the receiver but with the same address ) needed documents for the quarntine , so what really is happening ?
Advertisement

#199636 by AlanJones Thu May 01, 2014 1:21 pm
You are being scammed - there are no puppies, just a scammer stealing more and more of your money - so don't send any more money to them.

Please post all the email addresses that the scammer is using and any phone numbers and the Facebook profile.

If you can also post the emails they sent as well that will help other victims.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#199638 by HillBilly Thu May 01, 2014 1:28 pm
You are being scammed. Most likely by Cameroonian scam artists.

Never buy a pet you haven't seen. Never wire money to pay for anything. Real businesses do not use wire transfer as a method of payment. If it was a real business, they would take credit card / debit card, or other payment methods.

Please post more information about this person so others can be warned about this scam. ( Name, location, email address, whatever information you have so far).

Please read this article for more information : viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3149

and this one : http://www.petscams.tk/

The CDC does not allow most pets to be flown into this country from other areas of the world.

#199642 by AlanJones Thu May 01, 2014 2:15 pm
No, she claims to be from Spain but will not be, she will be from West Africa (probably Cameroon as HillBilly said). Was this a video chat or just voice?

The person you spoke to will be a friend/accomplice of the scammer (or perhaps the scammer herself - female scammers do exist).

The pictures that the scammer sent will be pictures stolen from elsewhere and may well be part of a set showing the same dogs in different places (including the shipping crate).

As requested before, please post the details that both HillBilly and I asked for (emails etc) - without this we can't help you any further.

The only way to "solve the problem" is not to send any more money - what you have already sent is gone I'm afraid and you won't be able to get it back.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#199646 by Dotti Thu May 01, 2014 3:31 pm
As the others have said, unfortunately it is a scam. The sad reality is that any money that has been picked up by the scammer is gone and you are not going to get it back.
The email address for the so-called shipping company is a free address that is not connected to any legitimate shipping company or domain. A legitimate international pet shipping company would have a real domain for its business, and the email address would reflect that.
A legitimate shipping company would know what types of crates, certificates, etc. were needed up front. They would include the charges for those things up front. You would not suddenly have a request after a puppy has shown up at the airport or been shipped. In addition, many countries have very strict rules about the importing of animals, and even if you were allowed to import them, there will be very specific rules to be followed, and the puppies may require quarantine for months before you can get them. A real shipper would also know the regulations of the country receiving the puppies, and they would review them with you BEFORE the puppies went anywhere. By the time you get the necessary certificates and follow all of the required rules, shipping puppies internationally can be extremely expensive, and typically the only people who will be shipping puppies are serious breeders or people who are looking for very specific dogs from certain bloodlines (for example, a police department may have a dog shipped overseas for working purposes or a hunter may spend a very large sum of money to have a hunting dog from a specific bloodline shipped to him.)

The reason you were told that the scammer is from Cameroon is because what you are describing is exactly the way pet scams from Africa work, and they most often originate in Cameroon. These scammers steal photos of puppies from real websites. They then pretend to have these puppies, and offer them to many people for free, or for a greatly reduced price. They tell their victim that they are far away and they will have to be shipped. Once the victim pays for shipping, they continue to try to get more money, in the guise of kennels, inspections, certificates, custom fees, anything they can think of. This should sound familiar, because it is exactly what they have done with you. Sometimes when the victim stops paying them, they then threaten the victim, claiming he or she will be charged as a criminal for abandonment or some other ridiculous charge. (You cannot abandon an animal that was never yours—and more importantly, there are no puppies at the airport or in any kind of a holding facility. The puppies in the photos (who may be full grown now) are undoubtedly sitting in their homes right now, with their real families. )

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#199652 by HillBilly Thu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm
If you have the email the supposed "shipping company" sent to you, please find the complete headers from it and post them here.

Below in my signature is a link for how to show complete headers for most email clients. Pick yours and follow the instructions.

I'm hoping you haven't lost money yet, I'm hoping because they asked for money that is what got you to ask about it.