Information on romance scams and scammers.
#200367 by Bryon Williams Tue May 06, 2014 10:33 pm
@Jerseylass
have got text msgs on my phone with a code!!

Please stop texting him and taking/calling him. He is doing something with the codes on the phones. There is a reason he does not want email but phone calls and text.

He sent me this. Attached to my email address was " atyohtwhleyuwvi.mesvr.com "

Really?can you call?
Eddy

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#200372 by AlanJones Tue May 06, 2014 11:47 pm
Jerseylass wrote:have got text msgs on my phone with a code!!

This sounds like he is using your phone number to gain him access to a site that requires phone verification. Do not give him the codes - he could be using them to set up accounts to scam other victims and that scam will now be linked to your phone number.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#200388 by Jerseylass Wed May 07, 2014 2:16 am
Thank you for your kind reply. This guy has been talking to me via email since last Saturday. Hasn't asked for money or anything yet. I wouldn't give him any either. Said he used my mobile number to help his friend set up an account at Cupid whatever that is. Says he would like us to meet up at weekend, that he loves me and when I went ballistic at him for using my mobile number said he would hurt himself! I've even threatened to go where he says he works to tell his co about using my number. Didn't seem worried about it. He hasn't asked for anything yet but like in the other posts maybe when it comes to his leave at weekend it may all change. Don't worry I won't be taken it just glad I had the sense to google his email address
#200395 by AlanJones Wed May 07, 2014 3:03 am
Cupid is a dating site - he is using your phone number to verify his new fake account and as proof that he is in the USA.

He isn't worried about you going to his "work" as he doesn't work there, so he couldn't care less - it just means he will drop you as a victim and move on to the next one (possibly using the new ID he has set up for the new dating profile).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#200431 by Jerseylass Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 am
I have stopped all contact and I have also reported him to match.com and told them I think he is a scammer. Maybe they will look into it. I feel such a fool. So hard to meet ppl these days that are actually genuine and are looking for romance. You would think you would feel safe on these paying sites. Never mind live and learn. Maybe someone will be able to catch him out and do something. Thank you for your help guys
#200601 by doenya74 Thu May 08, 2014 9:43 am
Hi there,

He's fake, to me he said he has a daughter, calles himself edward, asked me to send money to pay his daughter's phone bill.
Do not trust him dear, just don't pay.

Jerseylass wrote:Hi
I've been talking to a guy by the email [email protected] from match.com the dating website. Something not right about him so I googled his email and found this site. Can you help?
#200640 by Jerseylass Thu May 08, 2014 2:54 pm
Hiya
Thanks for your reply. He hasn't asked me for any money as yet! But still is emailing me. And yes he signs off as Eddy and another Edward C Mill. Says he can get leave for Saturday for the day but is telling me his co is sick today. I'm glad I found out in time. Thank you so much. By the way I'm in the uk are you? Just interested to see if he's scamming in both USA and UK
#200643 by doenya74 Thu May 08, 2014 3:03 pm
Hiya, i'm in Holland hun. I never heard from him since i didn't want to pay. I'm so glad that i could at least warn one person for him. He got kinda mad at me cos i didn't want to pay for his daughter. Also he wanted to marry, a proxy wedding *i had to Google that lol* just be careful dear, or tell him in time that you've met someone in the pub over the weekend ;) .
#200647 by Jerseylass Thu May 08, 2014 3:33 pm
Ah Holland thx hun for the warning. I've told match.com about my suspicions so will be interesting if they look into it. Yes he got bit shirty with me at one point because I went ballistic at him for giving out my mobile number and said he was going to hurt himself and I'd read about it in the paper. Told him i didn't play up to threats! If you saved one person from him ie me then maybe if we all did it he wouldn't stand a chance x